Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Are you kidding? We are the insecure nailbiters. The display in this discussion is flexing at the Mr. Universe pagent. OSU fans are mere girly men.
    Fans are allowed to get excited about their team. You're in the playoff for a NC.

Have you even watched uk? This season has been incredibly fun so far.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sorry it comes off to me as so much gloating in early success. Excited, yes. Aren't we just the awesomest ever quite frankly is a big "Really?" And deciding in December that there are only a couple of worthy teams around of UK level? Hilarity.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

And yes I have watched them. So what?

Thanks for setting us straight, tr.

You should really be directing your ire towards all the national pundits making these comments, not some fans reveling in beating opponents by an average of 30 some points so far. Quite disingenuous, IMO.

UK has been on PTI more this season than every other college team combined. The horror!
    Last edited by WMR; 12-23-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Thanks for setting us straight, tr.

You should really be directing your ire towards all the national pundits making these comments, not some fans reveling in beating opponents by an average of 30 some points so far. Quite disingenuous, IMO.

UK has been on PTI more this season than every other college team combined. The horror!
    It's not ire, just letting you know how it sounds to a non-fan of your program. I honestly don't have any ill-will toward UK, but what I am seeing in this thread sounds like idol worship to me. "Reveling" is usually borish to all but the revelers, so don't be surprised that it makes folks like me gag.

On a practical level, you had better hope the players are more grounded than folks posting in this thread. If they lose their heads to this level, they will not win it all.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I am an IU fan. Most of the people here know I hate UK. To me it is the rivalry aspect. I have always said I respected them. I have been watching them this season, and as a fan of the last college team to go undefeated and win the NC, this UK team is the best one I ever saw. I don't care about the offense, they play damn lock down defense. Something that I always keep an eye on. They are deep, something else I keep an eye on. They come at you in waves. Seems like they don't miss a beat when a substitute comes into the game. They are long and athletic.

All this comes from a Hoosier fan.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-24-2014),The Operator (12-25-2014),WMR (12-25-2014),WVRed (12-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am an IU fan. Most of the people here know I hate UK. To me it is the rivalry aspect. I have always said I respected them. I have been watching them this season, and as a fan of the last college team to go undefeated and win the NC, this UK team is the best one I ever saw. I don't care about the offense, they play damn lock down defense. Something that I always keep an eye on. They are deep, something else I keep an eye on. They come at you in waves. Seems like they don't miss a beat when a substitute comes into the game. They are long and athletic.

When the "white platoon " comes in, UK becomes a different team. The starters have the length to disrupt passes on defense, but the second wave is pressure defense, especially with Ulis in the game. Mixing up defenses and depth cause problems later in the game as Kentucky is generally more rested while fatigue sets in.

All in all, this post sums it up though from how most other fans I talk to when they find out I'm a UK fan.

Two games realistically worry me, and one is Saturday being the first test away from Rupp or a neutral site (UK fans travel well). I look for the zebras to take control of the game and will likely force UK out of the platoon. Florida on Gameday is the other, as UK hasn't fared well against the Gators on Saturday nights.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It's not ire, just letting you know how it sounds to a non-fan of your program. I honestly don't have any ill-will toward UK, but what I am seeing in this thread sounds like idol worship to me. "Reveling" is usually borish to all but the revelers, so don't be surprised that it makes folks like me gag.

On a practical level, you had better hope the players are more grounded than folks posting in this thread. If they lose their heads to this level, they will not win it all.

Well, this is a "UK BASKETBALL" thread.

What would you like us to talk about?

11. Likes:

WMR (12-25-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post

They're not as good as UNLV '91, but that's the only clearly better team I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    When the "white platoon " comes in, UK becomes a different team. The starters have the length to disrupt passes on defense, but the second wave is pressure defense, especially with Ulis in the game. Mixing up defenses and depth cause problems later in the game as Kentucky is generally more rested while fatigue sets in.

All in all, this post sums it up though from how most other fans I talk to when they find out I'm a UK fan.

Two games realistically worry me, and one is Saturday being the first test away from Rupp or a neutral site (UK fans travel well). I look for the zebras to take control of the game and will likely force UK out of the platoon. Florida on Gameday is the other, as UK hasn't fared well against the Gators on Saturday nights.
    Well the Louisville game will pit(what I feel) are the two best teams in the country. Indiana played the Cards and actually had the lead early in the second half. Louisville seemed to struggle against IU's guard play. In the end turnovers and a lack of a big man, did the Hoosiers in. I don't think the 'Cats will have those problems. I cant comment on the Gators, I haven't seen them play yet...but I know what you are talking about.

BTW, everyone up here in Northern Indiana is raving about UK. Well at least the people I hang with. And there aint a UK fan in the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    They're not as good as UNLV '91, but that's the only clearly better team I've seen.
    That Rebel team was something else. Something UK has a chance to emulate........wire to wire as the #1 team in the country. But UNLV came up short of the biggest prize. We shall see how it works out this year for the 'Cats. Winning the championship is a great feat, but going undefeated in doing so would be very special.

15. Likes:

WMR (12-25-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    Well, this is a "UK BASKETBALL" thread.

What would you like us to talk about?
    Indiana basketball? LOL......I couldn't help myself! I apologize.

17. Likes:

WMR (12-25-2014)

I guess no one has ever experienced hype who roots for UK. Of course, fans all over raving...fans who are more fickle than a teenage love interest. When it's your team you gobble it up like deer jerky.

Yes this a UK thread. One would expect some analysis of the team, I guess. Oh well, carry on. GO CATS!!!!! ROARRRRR!
    Last edited by traderumor; 12-25-2014 at 09:52 AM.

I guess no one has ever experienced hype who roots for UK. Of course, fans all over raving...fans who are more fickle than a teenage love interest. When it's your team you gobble it up like deer jerky.

Yes this a UK thread. One would expect some analysis of the team, I guess. Oh well, carry on. GO CATS!!!!! ROARRRRR!
    Deer jerky? LOL......get me a piece!

UK fans are passionate about their team. I love it. I appreciate it. And I understand it. This so called "hype" is not "hype" at all. Look at what they did last year and then add some 5 star recruits with it this year.

I get sick of their success myself, but that is what it is, success. And to be honest, they have been pretty dang successful in my lifetime.

And on a side note.......I would root for Kentucky over Duke every day of the week and twice on Sundays!!!!!

Did someone say deer jerky?!?!?!

I haven't seen anyone in this thread predict an undefeated season or guarantee a national championship, btw.

How many times has the "best team" failed to win it all? A bunch of times.

I still think UK will end up having a bad night somewhere on the road in the SEC and drop a game... maybe not even one we're expecting.

Louisville could beat us as well...

As we all know, predicting the behavior and forecasting the way college kids will play from one game to the next can be a dicey proposition.

21. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-25-2014)

Turn Off Ads?