Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Well yea WMR that's kinda the point that's getting lost as just some troll stopping by. All the slobbering devotion and some , like me don't get why all the hype? Are they mentally tough to not get big heads? Is it really fair to compare them to great teams that actually accomplished great things, more than beating up on teams with preseason rankings? This is the on ramp for the road to the final four. The all time great anointing is hilariously premature.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Your points are valid, tr. But you've gotta realize that dropping by a UK Basketball thread to dump on everyone's excitement just comes across as sour grapes by an Ohio State fan during a season when OSU has experienced some setbacks.

And for the record, I love Ohio State - I was raised a Buckeye fan. Then I decided to go to grad school at UK and it's impossible not to get swept up by the UK basketball fun when you live in Lexington - it just happens. So now I root for both teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

4. Likes:

traderumor (12-26-2014)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I too, see your points tr. It is a long season and lot can happen. But you cannot ignore what most are saying about UK. And I aint talking about this forum...they are talking about them everywhere. Right here, right now...they got something special going on.

6. Likes:

WMR (12-27-2014),WVRed (12-26-2014)

There is a game Saturday.

One team will win.

One team will lose.

I hope my team performs OK

(Better TR?)

8. Likes:

Razor Shines (12-26-2014),WMR (12-27-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post

One team will win.

One team will lose.

(Better TR?)

LOL!

One team will win.

One team will lose.

(Better TR?)
    Can we change that last line to: I hope both teams perform admirably and if my team has a few more lucky bounces then I will have a slight, private sensation of joy.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-26-2014),WMR (12-27-2014)

I "troll" the UK board all the time. But I am gonna try to put this the best way I can after some thinking.

My 1975 Hoosiers went undefeated during the regular season. They got an injury and UK knocked them out in the regional finals that year. IU returned all 5 starters the next season. Who wouldn't be drooling over that? I don't call it "hype". I call it expectations.

I think back to last year with UK. They put it all together and just fell a little short at the end. Pieces return and new ones are added. The old pieces are stellar, and the new ones fell right in. Who wouldn't be drooling over that? "Hype"?, I think not. They were/are expected to be good. I am sure there will be some tests down the road. All great teams have them for the most part.

Good luck to the 'Cats on being one of those special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Your points are valid, tr. But you've gotta realize that dropping by a UK Basketball thread to dump on everyone's excitement just comes across as sour grapes by an Ohio State fan during a season when OSU has experienced some setbacks.

And for the record, I love Ohio State - I was raised a Buckeye fan. Then I decided to go to grad school at UK and it's impossible not to get swept up by the UK basketball fun when you live in Lexington - it just happens. So now I root for both teams.
    I understand that but if the points are legit, why not state them? I am giving my point of view in a general forum. These unwrittenrules about what is acceptable in someone's fan thread are tiresome.

One team will win.

One team will lose.

(Better TR?)
    I see you missed my point entirely. But good for you to get a few cheap laughs.

There is a basketball game tomorrow

Kentucky opened as a Pick'Em

Line has jumped to UK -4.5

The game tips off at 2:00

The game is on Cable Channel ESPN2.

Coach Jonathan Calipari had a pregame Press Conference Today

He spoke about Louisville

Louisville is the team that plays Kentucky tomorrow

The game is at the KFC! Yum Center

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I see you missed my point entirely. But good for you to get a few cheap laughs.
    I feel like you did this a few years ago in the IU BB thread when IU was ranked #1 for a week or two. Seems like you chastised us for not behaving correctly in the thread even though we weren't really acting the way you claimed we were. I really haven't seen anything obnoxious in this thread. Seems more like a bunch of fans who are truly amazed by the things UK is doing. Why shouldn't they be? Hell, I'm amazed, sickened but amazed. No one is saying they're a lock for a NC but can't we admit that right now they're pretty legit favorites?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I feel like you did this a few years ago in the IU BB thread when IU was ranked #1 for a week or two. Seems like you chastised us for not behaving correctly in the thread even though we weren't really acting the way you claimed we were. I really haven't seen anything obnoxious in this thread. Seems more like a bunch of fans who are truly amazed by the things UK is doing. Why shouldn't they be? Hell, I'm amazed, sickened but amazed. No one is saying they're a lock for a NC but can't we admit that right now they're pretty legit favorites?
    And my main point then that IU would have short term success was pretty accurate. Lost in all that were the shouters who claimed I was ignorant about their blessed program. Apparently, rational dialogue about college athletics with fans of the program is not a reasonable expectation.

And my main point then that IU would have short term success was pretty accurate. Lost in all that were the shouters who claimed I was ignorant about their blessed program. Apparently, rational dialogue about college athletics with fans of the program is not a reasonable expectation.
    I don't believe that's an accurate assessment of how that discussion went. That may have been you're point but I don't think it got lost in you being shouted down, I think it got lost in you coming across as chastising a group of fans for being excited about their team being #1, however short lived it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I don't believe that's an accurate assessment of how that discussion went. That may have been you're point but I don't think it got lost in you being shouted down, I think it got lost in you coming across as chastising a group of fans for being excited about their team being #1, however short lived it was.
    Well gee what do I know about what I say or think. It's cute to see this bonding with IU and UK fans over this troll stopping by trying to pee on their "We're #1" parade. And I get to start that all time favorite "overrated" clap clap clap clap clap chant when they lose. Fun.

Well gee what do I know about what I say or think. It's cute to see this bonding with IU and UK fans over this troll stopping by trying to pee on their "We're #1" parade. And I get to start that all time favorite "overrated" clap clap clap clap clap chant when they lose. Fun.
    And it continues. What you call bonding....we call passion. I freakin' hate UK, but they are no different than the IU fans. We share something, that evidently you cant comprehend. We know basketball, and have a mutual love for it. Pretty difficult concept isn't it? Geez, if you cant see what is happening at UK this year, then you must be blind. I don't know how their season is gonna turn out, but damn they look pretty freaking good to me.

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (12-27-2014),WMR (12-27-2014)

Turn Off Ads?