Turn Off Ads?
Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1112

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

37-0

West Virginia is example A of why you don't poke the bear or in this case the wildcat. Total domination from the start. Booker had the best tweet afterwards he tweeted "36 and won".
    Next step for UK is to play like that when they aren't provoked. I'm sure Notre Dame will be all seashells and ballloons in their press conference today.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I am sure ND will say nothing "to awake the sleeping giant". Hopefully the Irish can at least compete.

Overplay on the perimeter and force them to drive. ND is going to have to hit a bunch of 3s to win.

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-27-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Overplay on the perimeter and force them to drive. ND is going to have to hit a bunch of 3s to win.
    Hold to less than 10 three's and UK should be OK. If they get around that 12 mark then the game gets dicey. I think UK will do just as you say and force them to drive. Better to give up two than three IMO. Plus you have a couple of 7 footers waiting on them at the rim.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

ND is alot like IU, only better at doing it. But you got the recipe right there.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

ND has to hit 15 three's to win this game.

As far as last nite, if Kentucky needed the extra motivation to play like they did, they have problems. Teams like Wisconsin and Gonzaga will not say a word, I'm sure ND will use the "Nobody is picking us" card. I ABSOLUTELY HATE UK, but after watching last nite I really dont see anyone beating them. The only thing I can see beating them is complacency, the type where they just smoked WV and they take things for granted. I don't see that happening against ND, but if they smoke ND and then play Wisconsin...who knows.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post

As far as last nite, if Kentucky needed the extra motivation to play like they did, they have problems. Teams like Wisconsin and Gonzaga will not say a word, I'm sure ND will use the "Nobody is picking us" card. I ABSOLUTELY HATE UK, but after watching last nite I really dont see anyone beating them. The only thing I can see beating them is complacency, the type where they just smoked WV and they take things for granted. I don't see that happening against ND, but if they smoke ND and then play Wisconsin...who knows.
    I agree, plus the fact Notre Dame is kind of bad on defense. I believe UK's length and athleticism will make it tough for Notre Dame to shoot. After watching them last night they are the best team I've seen in a long time. Wisky and Arizona are the only ones with a shot IMO and they're going to have to play near perfect games.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post

Tell that to Michael Jordan. He manufactured reasons to feel slighted, hate and have extra motivation against every opponent in his career.

11. Likes:

Razor Shines (03-27-2015),Revering4Blue (03-27-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I agree, plus the fact Notre Dame is kind of bad on defense. I believe UK's length and athleticism will make it tough for Notre Dame to shoot. After watching them last night they are the best team I've seen in a long time. Wisky and Arizona are the only ones with a shot IMO and they're going to have to play near perfect games.
    I can only see the Badgers as having a chance. They just play good fundamental basketball. As I said earlier ND is pretty much like IU, you stop the perimeter shot and they are toast.

Tell that to Michael Jordan. He manufactured reasons to feel slighted, hate and have extra motivation against every opponent in his career.
    And that didnt just go for basketball........

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-27-2015)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Several myths about Notre Dame:

*The Irish need to hit X amount of threes to have a chance against UK.

A&M, a team with a heck of a lot less firepower than the Irish, was something like 2-15 from three and took UK to overtime. "Nuff said.

*The Irish are not deep enough to beat UK:

First of all, the significant number of TV timeouts provide rest, and, if need be, in addition to Beachem and Colson, they have two 6'9" guys and a 6'7" player who can guard virtually every player on the floor at Brey's disposal.

*ND must follow the UC blueprint of keeping the score low to have a chance.

Wrong. Any defense first, rather, any team dependent upon defense to create offense has ZERO chance of beating UK. That's UK's forte. Notre Dames best bet is to follow Ole Miss' blueprint and pick up the pace, which is doable with Demetrius Jackson. Ulis must hold him down.

*UK will be able to dispatch ND by simply overpowering them inside offensively.

From here on out, UK is going to face teams that throw out stretch 4s - to draw WCS away from the basket- and can actually score points - two essential elements for a possible upset of UK. It's doubtful that 65-70 points are going to be enough to dispatch such teams. To score more than 70 points, the perimeter game, both the Harrison twins and Lyles, who, IMO, presents the toughest matchup for the Irish, must continue to play a major factor. Of course, when UK is hitting from the perimeter, they are nigh unbeatable anyway.

Assuming they don't have a poor shooting night, as they did against Virginia, Syracuse and at Duke, to have a shot at upsetting UK, the Irish must hold their own on the boards and hope that the Wildcats shoot poorly from outside.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

16. Likes:

BRM (03-27-2015)

I hope Notre Dame tries to run with UK.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Does Michael Jordan play for ND?
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Several myths about Notre Dame:

*The Irish need to hit X amount of threes to have a chance against UK.

A&M, a team with a heck of a lot less firepower than the Irish, was something like 2-15 from three and took UK to overtime. "Nuff said.

*The Irish are not deep enough to beat UK:

First of all, the significant number of TV timeouts provide rest, and, if need be, in addition to Beachem and Colson, they have two 6'9" guys and a 6'7" player who can guard virtually every player on the floor at Brey's disposal.

*ND must follow the UC blueprint of keeping the score low to have a chance.

Wrong. Any defense first, rather, any team dependent upon defense to create offense has ZERO chance of beating UK. That's UK's forte. Notre Dames best bet is to follow Ole Miss' blueprint and pick up the pace, which is doable with Demetrius Jackson. Ulis must hold him down.

*UK will be able to dispatch ND by simply overpowering them inside offensively.

From here on out, UK is going to face teams that throw out stretch 4s - to draw WCS away from the basket- and can actually score points - two essential elements for a possible upset of UK. It's doubtful that 65-70 points are going to be enough to dispatch such teams. To score more than 70 points, the perimeter game, both the Harrison twins and Lyles, who, IMO, presents the toughest matchup for the Irish, must continue to play a major factor. Of course, when UK is hitting from the perimeter, they are nigh unbeatable anyway.

Assuming they don't have a poor shooting night, as they did against Virginia, Syracuse and at Duke, to have a shot at upsetting UK, the Irish must hold their own on the boards and hope that the Wildcats shoot poorly from outside.
    I am assuming you have watched the Irish play this year.

#1 If Notre Dame doesnt hit from behind the arc, they will suffer West Virginia's fate. I have no idea about the A&M game, but great teams do have bad games.

#2 TV timeouts do not help with foul trouble nor does it help with experience. Notre Dame does not have the experience to go with whatever depth they have.

#3 I agree with the Ole Miss scenario, much like IU did a couple of years back. Run the floor. Get out fast to get your shots.

#4 I agree with controlling the glass, that fits into #3.

With all that being said, as much as UK is having a special season, Notre Dame is having one as well. Let's not forget they beat Duke and UNC twice in the same season(someone needs to look up when the last time a team did that). I dont give the Irish a chance, but dang, they play with heart and love their coach. I still say I only see Wisconsin as a team that could possibly knock the Cats off. But that is just me.

ND is a MUCH better team than Indiana. Not slightly better.

21. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (03-27-2015),Revering4Blue (03-27-2015)

Turn Off Ads?