Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Best ISP in Central KY?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best ISP in Central KY?

Are my only options AT&T and Bell South? Can anyone speak to their experiences with either of these?

I saw a commercial a while back from some new ISP option that is delivered via satellite but I can't remember the name. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Are there any other options I'm overlooking? Does DirecTV do internet if you have their tv service and is it any good?

Huge thanks to anyone who can give some advice on these questions.

I know RZ is full of experts on everything.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Do not by any means ever get satellite Internet unless it is literally your only option.

Re: Best ISP in Central KY?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Do not by any means ever get satellite Internet unless it is literally your only option.
    Agreed.

Are you still in Lexington, WMR? I had Insight when I lived in Lexington and was more than happy with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Agreed.

Are you still in Lexington, WMR? I had Insight when I lived in Lexington and was more than happy with them.
    Bought a house so I'm no longer locked into windstream. I'm hearing good things about AT&T... They offer 6 Mbps service in my area and there's no contract if it sucks horribly. Would just be out the equipment fee I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    To elaborate a little on monds post DO NOT GET SAT. INTERNET UNLESS THAT'S YOUR ONLY OPTION!!!
    1.Very expensive up front cost for equipment
    2/ Very slow speeds typically not even as good as descent DSL ignore what they promise,
    3.2 year contract
    4.bandwidth restrictions, No streaming media unless you want a very expensive bill,so no netflix or xbox live etc,
    4.weather is a factor more so than regular satellite. Storms and or bad weather affect your ability to browse the internet in general.

Turn Off Ads?