Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: 4.12.13 v Pirates

Re: 4.12.13 v Pirates

Ondrusek looked sharp but left a few up and got away with it. Hoover was flat-out missing his spots. Time for a ride to Louisville to work on it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Umm, Ondrusek was great tonight! Did you miss that or something? Hoover on the other hand...

So yeah Logan was clearly the better option tonight. How is this not obvious Tony?
    What's obvious is you have not seen how Logan has pitched the last 2 years.....tons of hits, base on balls and does not miss bat.

The vitriol being handed to Hoover tonight was doled out to Logan on a daily basis last year and the year before. Logan has a few good games here and there to make you think he is better than he is......than he is put in high leverage situations and implodes.

Right....Hindsight.....Logan was the better option, I could make tons of money based on hindsight. Logan is barely back from Double A...he was in Double A for a reason.

Oh yeah. I see that now. Well I certainly hate those annoying gnats and am at least glad they lost.

To make the evening even more crummy, I think St.L is going to win, if they haven't already.

So bye bye 1st place.
    Guess we're all free to hate whomever we want. I have no reason to hate the Nats since I live in the DC area and they're no real threat to the Reds unless they face each other in an LCS. Cards are a different story--not a fan since same division and the history. They also took out Wash last year. Life's too short to hate too many imho. No confusion when the two teams (Reds and Nats) infrequently face each other...like last weekend when I drove to CIN to see all three games and loved we came out on top 2 of 3. Not the same as the Cards trollers that sometimes take potshots here. Should be okay to have a 2nd fave team. Reds have been my #1 since I first watched a baseball game as a child.

Here's what I hate: seeing both the Nats and Reds drop into 2nd.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    What's obvious is you have not seen how Logan has pitched the last 2 years.....tons of hits, base on balls and does not miss bat.

The vitriol being handed to Hoover tonight was doled out to Logan on a daily basis last year and the year before. Logan has a few good games here and there to make you think he is better than he is......than he is put in high leverage situations and implodes.

Right....Hindsight.....Logan was the better option, I could make tons of money based on hindsight. Logan is barely back from Double A...he was in Double A for a reason.
    I watch every single Reds game. But it's not 2012 anymore. Who cares about last season. In THIS season, the one that is actually relevent, Hoover has been lousy. In THIS season, Ondrusek has an ERA of 0.00. Small sample size yes, but it should have been an easy choice to not put Hoover in.
    Last edited by Red Buckeye; 04-12-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Guess we're all free to hate whomever we want. I have no reason to hate the Nats since I live in the DC area and they're no real threat to the Reds unless they face each other in an LCS. Cards are a different story--not a fan since same division and the history. They also took out Wash last year. Life's too short to hate too many imho. No confusion when the two teams (Reds and Nats) infrequently face each other...like last weekend when I drove to CIN to see all three games and loved we came out on top 2 of 3. Not the same as the Cards trollers that sometimes take potshots here. Should be okay to have a 2nd fave team. Reds have been my #1 since I first watched a baseball game as a child.

Here's what I hate: seeing both the Nats and Reds drop into 2nd.
    Hey I wouldn't say I hate the gNats, I just think Harper is irritating. It mostly stems from his "clown question" remark last season. It was a perfectly legit question to ask a 19 year old kid on top of the world.

I watch every single Reds game. But it's not 2012 anymore. Who cares about last season. In THIS season, the one that is actually relevent, Hoover has been lousy. In THIS season, Ondrusek has an ERA of 0.00. Small sample size yes, but it should have been an easy choice to not put Hoover in.
    Ummm I see a glaring error here.

Hey I wouldn't say I hate the gNats, I just think Harper is irritating. It mostly stems from his "clown question" remark last season. It was a perfectly legit question to ask a 19 year old kid on top of the world.
    Again, totally fine to express whatever view. That said, I couldn't disagree with the above more.

Harper's immature as a person and maturing rapidly as a player. He was a 19 year old kid last year--exactly the point. Who cares about about a juvenile response to a question (which now adorns t-shirts here btw). Here's what anyone who follows Harper even a little should care about: the kid works his butt off and plays the game exceptionally hard. Reminds me of Rose but with power. I scratch my head a bit at those who discount the work ethic and performance due to an innocent comment or an admittedly goofy haircut. C'mon man...priorities, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Pirates acting like they won a playoff game
    I noticed that as well. Grilli just hooting and hollering. Cutchy weakly having to choreograph the 3 man jump.

I expect the Reds to handily take the next two.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I noticed that as well. Grilli just hooting and hollering. Cutchy weakly having to choreograph the 3 man jump.

I expect the Reds to handily take the next two.
    Not sure what happened to the "like" button but like and agree with that.

Would be fun if Heisey and Cozart started to hit like position players, those .475 and .397 OPS they have are killing us just as bad as the K's!

My simple observations watching last night's game?....

- that home plate ump was ridiculous IMO, squeezing both pitchers, especially on the corners. You had to throw it down the heart of the plate to get a called strike it seemed. I saw frustration in both Burnett and Leake.

- a bad 2nd inning for Leake, but after that he pitched pretty darn good.

- I'm usually supportive of Dusty, but came out of my chair in the top of the 6th when he allowed Leake to hit just so he could squeeze another inning out of him. Burnett was over 100 pitches thrown, Mesoraco just dbls off him to score Cozart, and we're drawing closer (5-3). Yeah, I know that Leake is a good hitter. But there were still better on the bench. Frazier, Paul, anyone.

- and speaking of Cozart... I think he should be moved even further down in the batting order. Like 12th? I really have no confidence in him when I see him walk to the plate, and especially in scoring situations. .114 BA .111 OB% .286 SLG% .397 OPS

Where in the heck is Juan Castro when we need him??

- Impressed with Hannahan's hitting this game.

- Jay Bruce, so far, is not having a good April.

- I realize it's early, but JJ Hoover, right now, like the vacuum cleaner - sucks!

We'll get'em today!
    Last edited by GAC; 04-13-2013 at 07:06 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Pirates acting like they won a playoff game
    I kind of thought they had an appropriate response to winning a game in the late innings against a good team.

Were they supposed to just walk off of the field like "win, lose, or rainout, ehhh"?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Ummm I see a glaring error here.
    My bad about Ondrusek. Still, though, Hoover's ERA is over 7, so Ondrusek was the better option last night, and not just because of the ERA thing.

Hoover has been struggling in close games this year, and Dusty shouldn't have played him.
    But it is a new day today and hopefully we will get a combo of a Cards loss/Reds win.

Turn Off Ads?