Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Peter Bourjos anyone?

Peter Bourjos anyone?

With the Angels off to a very bad start, especially their pitching, how about a trade. The Angels are so desperate, they just signed Kip Wells to a contract.
    They might be ripe for the picking: Peter Bourjos for Mike Leake, and then bring up Tony Cingrani for our #5 starter. I don't think Cingrani could do worse than Leake. And Bourjos is real fast. We need speed. We have no one who is really a threat on the bases. Bourjos in center, and move Choo to right. How about it?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Peter Bourjos anyone?

He maybe fast, but he had a career .306 obp. Speed doesn't help when the player is an out machine.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

no and the Angels are not just going trade someone after 10 games

+ I don't think they would even want Mike L. Him in the American League does not sound good.

I don't think they are desperate enough to give up their starting CF in Bourjos for our #5 who is pitching worse than their current guys are.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    I don't think they are desperate enough to give up their starting CF in Bourjos for our #5 who is pitching worse than their current guys are.
    If they have signed Kip Wells, there is some desperation setting in.

To me, it seems a little premature to start trading players inside the first month of the season.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    To me, it seems a little premature to start trading players inside the first month of the season.
    There have been several teams that have made roster moves already, after seeing what has observed on the field. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    If they have signed Kip Wells, there is some desperation setting in.
    They don't have to give up anything to sign Wells and see what happens, Real desperation is creating another hole just to put a cheap Band-Aid on the other problem and then at the end of the day you turn one issue into two.

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    There have been several teams that have made roster moves already, after seeing what has observed on the field. You never know.
    I found two trades since the season started.

I'm not sure what problem Peter Bourjous solves.

The Reds have a good team, barring catastrophic injury, I'm not seeing a need to trade. Let them play.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

I love Bourjos, but he's superfluous. I think Hamilton projects to be a much better player.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    no and the Angels are not just going trade someone after 10 games
    This.

The Angels made it a point they didn't want to trade Bourjos this offseason. They're not the type of organization that's going to flip out after 10 games and make a knee-jerk reaction to a small sample.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

So Bourjos (who can't hit his way out of a wet paper sack to center). Choo to right. What do you do with Bruce?
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

Turn Off Ads?