Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone explain this to me

Someone explain this to me

quote from dusty baker:

“But we’ve got to get him (broxton) more work. Our bullpen is bad shape. I didn’t want to use Sam (LeCure). (J.J.) Hoover’s been throwing so much. Those guys have all given everything they got.”

How can you in the same sentence say that the bullpen is in bad shape because of overuse to hoover, and then say that broxton needs more work.

I like dusty, but someone tell me how that makes any sense. If hoover is overworked and broxton is underworked, go with broxton over hoover more often dude!

Its like he just cant put broxton in while they are down. Like it is against the rules or something.

Just silly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Someone explain this to me

First, I never try to understand what Baker says. You can pull a brain muscle.

Second, I read this as Baker saying he's realized he is going to have to use Broxton in more the just the 8th inning of games the Reds are winning. Closest thing you're going to get to Baker admiting he was wrong.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

[sarcasm]Silly post, rook. Broxton pitches the 8th when we're winning and sometimes when we're tied, dude.[/sarcasm]
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

So, what do we take away from what he said about LeCure? Is he hurt? Did he move to Nova Scotia? Why didn't he want to use him?

He's pitched a total of 5 innings this year and last pitched on April 8th.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    So, what do we take away from what he said about LeCure? Is he hurt? Did he move to Nova Scotia? Why didn't he want to use him?

He's pitched a total of 5 innings this year and last pitched on April 8th.
    You must have missed it. Yesterday when Cueto went out, LeCure tried to warm up and couldn't. After the game both he and Dusty avoided directly answering why. LeCure said today that he was available, but Dusty said he wanted to try and avoid using him. So at the very least, something small is up with him.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    You must have missed it. Yesterday when Cueto went out, LeCure tried to warm up and couldn't. After the game both he and Dusty avoided directly answering why. LeCure said today that he was available, but Dusty said he wanted to try and avoid using him. So at the very least, something small is up with him.
    Dusty wouldn't give him a baseball.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Has this happened with LeCure before?

I seem to recall a similar incident from last year.

Baker has overused Hoover to the point he cant get anybody out without giving up a run. Broxten and Chapman dont pitch for a week and I knew that not having regular work, they wouldnt be as effective as they were the first 7 games of the season. Now the team looks like they dont have that shut down mentality to win games early and if this keeps up, somebody better be accountable. i dont see the Cards look like this. I hope somebody on the plane coming back to Cincy opened thier mouth how this is unacceptable... This wont help sell tickets if they keep this up. Ludwick getting hurt really hurt and what is sad his replacement isnt taking advantage and helping. you cant make 4 outs on 7 pitches.. that is not playing smart baseball.!! I sure would like to see a better option in LF a bopper to keep Joey from being pitched arpound.. and Phillips batting 2nd with a bopper batting 4th that puts fear in the opposing pitcher woulkd help

The hits keep coming.

Haunted by walks

Who knew that Votto4MVP was actually Chris Carpenter's son?

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    And just when the like button disappears...

An instant all time classic post.

Last edited by 757690; 04-14-2013 at 11:33 PM.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Gold. Pure Gold

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Has this happened with LeCure before?

I seem to recall a similar incident from last year.
    Don't know what's wrong with Sam. But he tends to miss some time every year with relatively minor injuries. My guess is we'll see him this next series.

I know its early but my patience is wearing thin with Baker.Every year he cost's us 15 or more games b/c of his awful managing.Every now and then in years past he would take a brain fart and completely forget how to mange a team.This year I have noticed it happen a lot earlier in the season and way more often.This year on occasion he has kept the SP in there longer than supposed to like he did Bronson and Leake.Before he even walked out the reds was down by four runs.Same with Hoover.. He overused Hoover way to much then all of a sudden Hoover's arm looks completely dead.

He says Braxton and Chapman needed rest 3 or 4 games into the season when the season just starts for heavens sake. Then he keeps those two in the bullpen and lets them rot b/c he wouldn't pitch them for a week when we all know every pitcher NEEDS work to stay in rythem. Now why in the world is Heisey still in the lineup when he cannot get a hit to save his soul? Paul has been huge all year and needs to start as soon as possible b/c if he doesn't then he will also loose his rythem b/c he hasn't played any.

Again its early but Dusty has really made some HUGE mistakes early in the season and I don't see anything changing.Im starting to think that the game is being played way to fast for his brain to tell him to make a decision to make a move b/c of his age.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    I know its early but my patience is wearing thin with Baker.Every year he cost's us 15 or more games b/c of his awful managing.Every now and then in years past he would take a brain fart and completely forget how to mange a team.This year I have noticed it happen a lot earlier in the season and way more often.This year on occasion he has kept the SP in there longer than supposed to like he did Bronson and Leake.Before he even walked out the reds was down by four runs.Same with Hoover.. He overused Hoover way to much then all of a sudden Hoover's arm looks completely dead.

He says Braxton and Chapman needed rest 3 or 4 games into the season when the season just starts for heavens sake. Then he keeps those two in the bullpen and lets them rot b/c he wouldn't pitch them for a week when we all know every pitcher NEEDS work to stay in rythem. Now why in the world is Heisey still in the lineup when he cannot get a hit to save his soul? Paul has been huge all year and needs to start as soon as possible b/c if he doesn't then he will also loose his rythem b/c he hasn't played any.

Again its early but Dusty has really made some HUGE mistakes early in the season and I don't see anything changing.Im starting to think that the game is being played way to fast for his brain to tell him to make a decision to make a move b/c of his age.
    I am not a fan at all of Bakers managing style. In fact, I think it is quite poor. But 15 games is an incredible amount of games for a manager to be responsible for. 5 games, I can get behind. 15 though, that would be like saying the Reds were a 112 win team last year. They were real good, but they weren't that good.

Turn Off Ads?