Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cingrani Fangraphs Artice

Cingrani Fangraphs Artice

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Cingrani Fangraphs Artice

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    LMAO. Fangraphs says Cingrani has added a "curveball".

This year, Cingrani has added an intriguing new 11-5 sweeping curveball. It’s a slow breaker with tight rotation and consistent shape that he can throw for strikes.

With the addition of his curveball, Cingrani’s development is now tied to his changeup and his ability to improve his command. - Fangraphs
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Wow, below average control and even worse command according to this guy? Huh. The Cingrani Holy Conquest will have to march on....

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Wow, below average control and even worse command according to this guy? Huh. The Cingrani Holy Conquest will have to march on....
    Yeah, he emailed me the piece yesterday to get my opinion on it. I disagreed with the control and the change up aspect of what he said. But again, he can only go off of what he has seen.

When it comes to Cingrani and his control and command, it is interesting to me that through June of last year, I would have told you his command was good and his control was outstanding. He could pop the mitt on the corners most of the time. But down the stretch he lost that ability. Still within the strikezone with the fastball, but was missing his spots some. So far this year? Wild in the zone, but still in the zone. Poor command, good control.

Also, here is the "curveball" or the "slider" or the "slurve" or the "Fred" depending on what you want to call it. Anywhere from 71-75 MPH.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

You mean the "breaking ball", right?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    You mean the "breaking ball", right?

Someone needs to go back in time and shoot the moron who came up with that.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Well that didn't sound too optimistic. Oh well, something's working for him. I'm ready to see what it is.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

I love Cameron and Fangraphs, but I'm usually disappointed by the articles written by others on the site. This is no exception.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Not a very good report. I guess we'll have to see for ourselves. I was planning to go to AAA to watch him with a buddy, but looks like we will get to watch on FSO later in the week. Nice to see a lefty which seemed to be the one missing link in the Reds in 2013.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Turn Off Ads?