Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

  1. #1
    -The Insider-
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,871

    Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    The Reds will purchase the contract of right-handed pitcher Justin Freeman from Triple-A Louisville.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member mdccclxix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crown
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    Huh. I was wondering about this guy. He's off to an okay start. What's the scouting report on him?

  4. #3
    Member mdccclxix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crown
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    Career 3.60 era with 8.4 k/9 and 2.1 bb/9 and a 1.218 whip. 16 saves for Pensacola last year. 26 years old.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,725

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    This guy is coming up for three or four days.

    He's an extra man in the pen. When it's time for Cingrani to start, Tony comes up, Freeman goes down.

    So we can do a 15 page discussion, but it will be moot by Thursday. Cingrani will face the Marlins then.

  6. #5
    Member mdccclxix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crown
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    This guy is coming up for three or four days.

    He's an extra man in the pen. When it's time for Cingrani to start, Tony comes up, Freeman goes down.

    So we can do a 15 page discussion, but it will be moot by Thursday. Cingrani will face the Marlins then.
    I do not want a 15 page discussion by any means, but this topic has at least 5 in it somewhere and I want to find out where it goes. Freeman is 5-11, short people can't pitch, GO!

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,869

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    I wonder why Freeman over Arredondo or Prior? 40 man roster thing?
    Go BLUE!!!

  8. #7
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,442

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I wonder why Freeman over Arredondo or Prior? 40 man roster thing?
    He is pitching better than both guys would be my first guess.

  9. #8
    Member NebraskaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,408

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    I do not want a 15 page discussion by any means, but this topic has at least 5 in it somewhere and I want to find out where it goes. Freeman is 5-11, short people can't pitch, GO!
    Cueto is 5'11, which proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that short pitchers get strained lats more than 6 foot + pitchers do. FACT.
    Last edited by NebraskaRed; 04-15-2013 at 02:20 PM.

  10. #9
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,171

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    Ok, what do we know about this guy?
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,725

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He is pitching better than both guys would be my first guess.
    Don't think so.

    The reason it's Freeman is because his stay will be three days.

    If they wanted a longer term option, they would bring up Arredondo.

    When Freeman goes back down on Thursday, he will be iced from the majors for ten days. They'll do that with Freeman. They wouldn't want to with Arredondo, who they may need soon.

  12. #11
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    10,575

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    I saw him in Spring Training, and guessed he would be the first guy called up. Good fastball and good composure on the mound. Easily the most polished of the guys without MLB experience in AAA.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  13. #12
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  14. #13
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Asheville, NC or thereabouts
    Posts
    3,872

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    Freeman played college ball at Kennesaw State, same as our old pal Willie Harris.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  15. #14
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,442

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Don't think so.

    The reason it's Freeman is because his stay will be three days.

    If they wanted a longer term option, they would bring up Arredondo.

    When Freeman goes back down on Thursday, he will be iced from the majors for ten days. They'll do that with Freeman. They wouldn't want to with Arredondo, who they may need soon.
    Maybe not the exact reason, but it is a good reason, because he is pitching better. Joel Luckhaupt pointed out the likely reason though.... if Arredondo comes up, he would have to go through waivers again. Of course, Jose has 7 walks in 6 innings for Louisville too.

  16. #15
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Reds to purchase the contract of Freeman

    Mike Hessman

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=hessma001mic

    Dude is 35 years old. Has played 18 seasons in the minors. And has 375 career minor league HR's. Unreal. Can you say Crash Davis?
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25