Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dozens injured in two explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    I am betting its a domestic terrorist that is upset that he owed taxes today. Or a right wing gun lovin nascar watching Alabama man as the left decribes them.
    Lets not go there right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dozens injured in two explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

Lets not go there right now.
    Agreed. Never mind what a jump to conclusions that is, but just terrible taste to make a comment like that right now.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

This just makes me sick to my stomach. I was there in Boston just 3 weeks ago. My first visit. An 8 year old....I just can't imagine. *sigh* Seriously, just what the hell is wrong with people? I just don't get it.

My prayers are with you Bostonians. Stay safe.

5. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (04-19-2013),redsfandan (04-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    I'm going to Boston next month, never been. I've always wanted to go to Fenway and we have a family trip scheduled. I'm still going but, this really makes you stop and pause for a moment.
    Wonderful city to visit. I've been there several times and took my family there last July. Great time and felt safe. Sadly, this kind of tragedy could happen almost anywhere. Just a terrible, terrible event.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Not to get off topic here, but casualties and fatalities are different. Casualties can mean wounded. I've heard several news outlets using the terms interchangably and I don't want anyone out there getting bad information over the misuse of a word.

Sorry about that.

Now, this is horrible. Without getting into speculation as to the whos and the whys, the person/people responsible for this deserve to burn.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

8. Likes:

redsfandan (04-16-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

This video is even tougher to watch, but I'm filled with awe and respect for the calmness that the police and emergency crews showed in immediately getting to work helping people after the blast:

http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_bl...quare/72926110
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Caveat, just FYI, your link's no good, dude.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    This video is even tougher to watch, but I'm filled with awe and respect for the calmness that the police and emergency crews showed in immediately getting to work helping people after the blast:

http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_bl...quare/72926110
    I think I know what video this is...I watched it earlier today and was impressed with the calmness and and bravery of not only the police and emergency crews but also ordinary civilians who pitched in during the effort.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Twitter has been more accurate with reporting. News Media is dead.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

"Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I just found out that a cousin of mine and his wife ran in this. They finished about 30 minutes before the explosions happened. They had just got back to their hotel and were evacuated soon after. They weren't allowed back in their hotel until about 7:30 last night. They are OK but obviously shaken up. BTW my cousin is from the Cincy area originally and is a big Reds fans. Now lives in the Philly area.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Well that 9:30 PC was a waste of my time.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

This just makes me sick. I've been to Boston countless times when I was on the road. I know that city almost as well as I do Cincinnati. I think I made it a point to try to eat at as many of the clam shacks as I could.

And the gun toting Alabama Nascar fan is about the last person I would suspect to do something like this.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I edited the post that was attempting to bring politcs into this thread. Let's keep this thread appropriate from this point forward in light of this tragedy.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

There is now a report that an envelope containg ricin was mailed to Mississippi Senator Wicker. No indication there is any connection to the bombs in Boston.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?