Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Dozens injured in two explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

Re: Dozens injured in two explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

Given that they took him alive when the alternative would have been easier, and they withheld his Miranda rights on a public safety technicality, I'd say the FBI isn't just assuming no one else was involved.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

It's kind of weird how it hasn't even come up in anything I've seen or heard about them. The 19 year old student, okay, but a 26 year old with no mention of any job he may have had ever?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

We're going to know an awful lot about these guys. For example it's been published that #2 the smart kid on scholarship, was basically flunking all his classes in College.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 04-20-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Looking forward to hear what #2 has to say

Is it true the kid was wearing a $900 pair of shoes when he was arrested? These guys were getting money from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Is it true the kid was wearing a $900 pair of shoes when he was arrested? These guys were getting money from somewhere.
    Or they knew they weren't going to live, or be out of jail, much longer, so they went on a shopping spree.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

8. Likes:

marcshoe (04-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    It's kind of weird how it hasn't even come up in anything I've seen or heard about them. The 19 year old student, okay, but a 26 year old with no mention of any job he may have had ever?
    I heard it reported that he was in MMA fighting, and had been training for that for awhile after a failed attempt to qualify for the olympics. He was supposed to have some talent for fighting.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Yeah, it's starting to look just like the only people they were finding to talk about them for a while were people who only knew them from high school or something. There are references to jobs in here, plus just a fuller picture than we'd been getting now that there's more time for it.

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/2013/0...a_talk_remnick
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

11. Likes:

marcshoe (04-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Terrorism is not covered on most home policies.

Whether or not that would apply here would be in question.
    The damage would have to be a direct result of terrorism. The DOL for terrorism would be back last monday.

This would be something else and probably covered (we talked about this at work yesterday. Interesting stuff)

If I owned that boat, I'd be lining up potential buyers right now - there's no doubt all kinds of museums and/or rich boys with money to burn who would love to have it.

It'd be right up there with the Bonnie and Clyde car.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Fund-raising effort to buy new boat for Watertown homeowner.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...rld&id=9073645

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Fund-raising effort to buy new boat for Watertown homeowner.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...rld&id=9073645
    Of all the things to donate to, relating to the tragedy in Boston, I would think buying someone a new boat would be way, way down the list. That's ridiculous.

Did anyone catch 60 minutes last night? Apparently Dzhokhar had a gunshot wound to the leg from the previous night's shootout, but his "fresh wound" was one that entered his mouth and exited the back of the neck (according to the Boston Chief of Police). Sounds to me a lot like he attempted suicide shortly before his capture. Why isn't anyone else reporting this?

Seems to make a lot more sense than "he just gave up peacefully".
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Did anyone catch 60 minutes last night? Apparently Dzhokhar had a gunshot wound to the leg from the previous night's shootout, but his "fresh wound" was one that entered his mouth and exited the back of the neck (according to the Boston Chief of Police). Sounds to me a lot like he attempted suicide shortly before his capture. Why isn't anyone else reporting this?

Seems to make a lot more sense than "he just gave up peacefully".
    We were hearing that Sat. morning but I didn't hear that anyone had confirmed it yet. There's been so much info coming out from so many angles that it's been difficult to tell the difference between reality and rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Of all the things to donate to, relating to the tragedy in Boston, I would think buying someone a new boat would be way, way down the list. That's ridiculous.
    It may be, or at least should be, but in a community that has so many people tied into the water in some form or fashion, the lose of a boat, and that the guy lifted up the boat cover to get an eyewitness account that the guy was in there probably touches their heart a little close to their own personal soft spot. They may donate $100 to the red cross, while deciding to throw $25 for the guy's boat b/c they can relate to someone's love of boating, but have never ran a marathon nor stood around watching someone complete a marathon.

Turn Off Ads?