Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dozens injured in two explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

Re: Dozens injured in two explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

At this point, I guess we need to wait till officials decide to release the photo they got from Lord and Taylors.

Edit - They might be getting ready to do it now at news conference. They have easels with photos covered up ready to be unveiled.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 04-18-2013 at 05:08 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The 2 suspects are pictured here at FBI web site

http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-i...ions-in-boston

They will find these guys. Those pictures are pretty good.

And a million people were taking photos. Someone is going to come up with real good shots

On top of everything else, now I can't help but imagine someone seeing those pictures and recognizing his or her son.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Certainly. But as New York saw at least one instance, an "Arab looking man" got jumped and beat down shortly after the bombings. That wasn't even the same city. With photos out there showing exactly what they looked like, I would just hesitate to go out in public for anything, including going to the police station or anything like that.
    Makes me think of the lady (I'm using the term loosely) that pushed a guy onto a subway track because, after 9/11, she hated everyone that looked like they were of a certain ethnicity. He died.

There are alot of scary people out there.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 04-19-2013 at 07:20 AM.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-19-06-18-15

One bomber dead; one on the run. Russian brothers from near the Chechnya region. Parts of Boston on lockdown. Just Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    And a million people were taking photos. Someone is going to come up with real good shots
    I saw on the theblaze.com this morning, a picture that was posted on reddit that clearly shows the white hat suspect fleeing the scene (sans backpack) and possible suspect #2 in the further background.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Guy from Watertown posted this on twitter.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

The Associated Press has identified the two suspects as coming from the Russian region near Chechnya, which has been plagued by an Islamic insurgency stemming from separatist wars. The two young men were living legally in the U.S.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04..._hp_ref=canada

If this does turn out to be Islamic terrorism then this it'll be more of the same old, same old

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04..._hp_ref=canada

If this does turn out to be Islamic terrorism then this it'll be more of the same old, same old
    For the record, the Islamic insurgency that has grown in Chechnya, is very different from the Islamic extremism that has grown in the Middle East. In Chechnya, they are fighting for independence from Russia, and has very little to do with hating America or American values. They simply want to be their own country, free from then Soviet-now Russian rule.

It makes this case very perplexing. Chechnyan's never cared one way or the other about America or American's. it was a very local fight. Also, these guys have been in the US for around a decade, and out of Chechnya even longer. Like I said, very perplexing.

However, I agree that whatever their reasons for this monstrous act, it is more of the same. All terrorism is more of the same, no matter the reasons. It's all just murder.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

So it seems everyone was right about these guys.

They were both domestic and Muslim. White, and foreign born. Likely inspired by Al-Qeada, but not Middle Eastern.

Crazy world.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I don't think the Chechny connection is significant. I think it's just radical Islam. From an outsider's perspective, Governor seems competent and charismatic. The mayor? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Crazy world.
    Indeed. And what I don't get: the US has it's thumbs in a lot of pies, but not Chechnya.

That's why this isn't about Chechnya.

Turn Off Ads?