Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 30 Day Personnel Plan If Cingrani Succeeds

Re: 30 Day Personnel Plan If Cingrani Succeeds

More than 1/3 into the 30 day plan, and I stand by the original plan. It looks to me like if this team wants to win in 2013, Cingrani is looking a lot better in the rotation than Leake.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Likes:

malcontent (04-27-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    More than 1/3 into the 30 day plan, and I stand by the original plan. It looks to me like if this team wants to win in 2013, Cingrani is looking a lot better in the rotation than Leake.
    ...and right now they need both of them and down the road they will likely need both of them again. There isn't anybody else to pitch in this rotation if another injury hits.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    ...and right now they need both of them and down the road they will likely need both of them again. There isn't anybody else to pitch in this rotation if another injury hits.
    And there is no one to play LF on a team that has scored a total of 1 run in the last three games.
    Go BLUE!!!

And there is no one to play LF on a team that has scored a total of 1 run in the last three games.
    Minor bump in the road and a replacement can be found at the deadline without dealing anyone key IMO. A dead spot in the rotation is a far worse problem IMO. Leake isn't a world beater, but a month of Armando Galarraga or Pedro Villareal will have us praying (and way overpaying) for somebody just like him.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Minor bump in the road and a replacement can be found at the deadline without dealing anyone key IMO. A dead spot in the rotation is a far worse problem IMO. Leake isn't a world beater, but a month of Armando Galarraga or Pedro Villareal will have us praying (and way overpaying) for somebody just like him.
    Paying for a real live hole vs. a hypothetical?

I'll pay everytime to fill the real live hole.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'm no fan of Mike Leake. For a guy so polished he didn't "need" any minor league time, he sure looks like a guy that needed some minor league time. But if you can get say Tyler Moore, I'd be all over that.
    Tyler Moore from the Nats? For Mike Leake? Huh?

1 down, 3 to go.

Leake to BOS for Ellsbury
    Leake to SD for Venable and Hedges
    Ellsbury for Leake? You really think the Sox would entertain that?

IMHO, the idea that the Nats and Red Sox would trade Moore or Ellsbury for Leake is crazy talk with the Moore idea the crazier of the two with the Nats' pitching staff as stacked as it is.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

9. Likes:

Homer Bailey (04-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Tyler Moore from the Nats? For Mike Leake? Huh?

Ellsbury for Leake? You really think the Sox would entertain that?

IMHO, the idea that the Nats and Red Sox would trade Moore or Ellsbury for Leake is crazy talk with the Moore idea the crazier of the two with the Nats' pitching staff as stacked as it is.
    You are absolutely right about Moore. The Nats love him. It would take the brinks truck to get him away from the Nats. Offer Leake and they would laugh themselves to death.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Paying for a real live hole vs. a hypothetical?

I'll pay everytime to fill the real live hole.
    I'd wager that Ludwick is more likely to be healthy and producing in the second half than the 5 remaining starters (assuming one is traded for a LF) all being healthy. LF is a temporary hole and if it proves different, you can likely acquire an adequate player without dealing one of the rotation arms or first level prospects.

Suppose you make a deal and one of the arms goes down, what exactly is there to deal to acquire a replacement? The Reds just don't have the depth. They can get a David Dejesus, a Seth Smith, a Chris Denorfia or some other surplus OF for some middling prospects (Guillon, et al) at the deadline. A guy the caliber of Leake or Cingrani will cost more than anything the Reds have to deal unless your willing to deal Corcino plus (and if Corcino doesn't improve, it will likely take Stephenson or Hamilton to get anythingback that would be better than Galarraga).

IMO, protecting the Rotation depth is more important than a marginal improvement n LF. You aren't getting Puig BTW.

12. Likes:

redsfandan (04-28-2013)

The Reds package needs to be guys like Guillon, Lamarre, Soto, Villareal, etc. Targets need to be guys already discussed in this thread:

David Dejesus, Seth Smith, Chris Denorfia, Wil Venable, one of Arizona's guys, maybe Adam Lind, etc, etc, etc,

The upper minors are pretty thin and there just isn't enough depth to acquire a significant player without creating multiple holes in places that are more concerning.

14. Likes:

redsfandan (04-28-2013)

The Reds package needs to be guys like Guillon, Lamarre, Soto, Villareal, etc. Targets need to be guys already discussed in this thread:

David Dejesus, Seth Smith, Chris Denorfia, Wil Venable, one of Arizona's guys, maybe Adam Lind, etc, etc, etc,

The upper minors are pretty thin and there just isn't enough depth to acquire a significant player without creating multiple holes in places that are more concerning.
    Yeah it would be great to package LaMarre, Soto and Villareal for a starting LF. What team is going to go for that? Those guys have virtually zero trade value.
    Go BLUE!!!

Yeah it would be great to package LaMarre, Soto and Villareal for a starting LF. What team is going to go for that? Those guys have virtually zero trade value.
    That's why the targets aren't Giancarlo Stanton or Jacoby Ellsbury. They aren't getting anybody right now. Down the road role players will become available for interesting (not top) minor leaguers.

The Nats love Tyler Moore? with his 22 whole AB's this year and only 156 last year after posting back to back 31 HR seasons in the minors? They love him so much they got Span to play CF.

He has no position for YEARS in Washington. It's LaRoche they seem to love. Moore is wasted in DC, especially if they decide to move Rendon or Zimmerman to 1B
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Actually Galarraga and Reinecke are both pitching well at AAA, and a couple guys are also pitching well at AA.

The Reds have some pitching depth. What they lack is anything resembling a hitter from AAA. To find a hitter in this system you gotta drive to Bakersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    The Nats love Tyler Moore? with his 22 whole AB's this year and only 156 last year after posting back to back 31 HR seasons in the minors? They love him so much they got Span to play CF.

He has no position for YEARS in Washington. It's LaRoche they seem to love. Moore is wasted in DC, especially if they decide to move Rendon or Zimmerman to 1B
    I don't know what they feel in their actual hearts about him. I'm not a mind reader. The only thing I know is what they say. When they talk about Moore they gush over him and say he's basically untouchable. I doubt seriously if the Reds offered Leake straight up for him they would trade him. If you throw in Cingrani and Hamilton they would do it. But they don't really need an outfielder and the Reds don't seem to have a wealth of middle infielders in the minors to trade which is what the Nationals need.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

meh, I don't see it. right now he's the 5th OF, and with Zimmerman's ongoing yips, LaRoche may be in his last year as a Nat with Rendon taking over at 3B. Moore has value, the Nats know this, but as a chip, not a member of that team. He's wasted there, and I think they know that.

Leake for Moore, maybe add another pitcher from High A.

Turn Off Ads?