Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 30 Day Personnel Plan If Cingrani Succeeds

Re: 30 Day Personnel Plan If Cingrani Succeeds

Cingrani has more talent, perhaps, but it's still very uncertain whether it will amount into better production than Leake. Despite the hang-wringing on this forum over Leake at times, he has a respectable 4.19 career ERA to this point. Cingrani has looked good, but there's no guarantee his talent will amount to even to that level.

I still honestly don't understand why everyone is so eager to replace Leake. I've said it before and I'll say it again, 90% of teams in the majors would kill to have a guy like Leake as their worst starter. With Arroyo coming off the books next year, there's simply no reason to be thinking about either/or with these two.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Likes:

jimbo (05-17-2013),marcshoe (05-17-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

So...not sure where else to put this, but here, but all assuming that Cingrani is the man that gets sent down so that Cueto can return to the lineup, do you think the Reds do it now and maybe bring up an extra arm for the bullpen for the next few days or do they wait til Monday when Cueto is ready to be brought off of the DL?

Or am I off and they may just hang onto Cingrani and may send a bullpen arm down or possibly someone else?

Sorry if this should be posted elsewhere or is already posted elsewhere.

Mike is 3-2 with an ERA of 3.72. And in his last 3 starts he has posted an ERA of 2.79. Up to this point of the season he deserves to be taken out of the starting rotation again why?

Tony didn't pitch bad last night, but again, another 5 inning outing where he threw 100 pitches. Not a good trend. He's also given up 5 HRs in his last 3 starts. Opposing batters know what Cingrani's bread n butter is - the fastball. Last night he got behind Rollins 3-1, and Jimmy knew what he was getting on the next pitch and deposited it over the wall for a 2 run homer.

I agree with Lance last night on Sports Talk.....

Tony will be sent down, and it's the right decision. When Cueto went down everyone went into panic mode. Cingrani was called up and filled in nicely and allayed many fears about that void in our starting rotation. And in those 6 starts. not only did we get a "taste" of Cingrani, but Tony got to pitch at this level, gain some experience, see what works, what doesn't, and what he needs to work on/improve. And he'll take that back to AAA with him, and along with the pitching staff down there, will work on it. And when he returns he will be a better pitcher for it.

IMO, it's about the bigger picture.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

6. Likes:

bigredmechanism (05-18-2013),Boss-Hog (05-18-2013),dabvu2498 (05-18-2013),Homer Bailey (05-18-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (05-18-2013)

Turn Off Ads?