Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we fire Dusty now?

Can we fire Dusty now?

Pitching to Utley with some guy named Ben Revere on deck is grounds for termination.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    EMAW

Re: Can we fire Dusty now?

Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    Pitching to Utley with some guy named Ben Revere on deck is grounds for termination.
    So you put the tying run on and face the lead run?

I was being facetious, but Dusty did the only thing that could lose that game. You could walk him and pitch to a guy with no power or bring in Chapman. Arroyo is a pitcher that loses it quick. You have to know that if you are the manager.

With out a doubt, no way can u let utley beat u in that situation...revere has0 career homers and 0 extra base hits this season, u make revere beat u .

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by cincyredway View Post
    With out a doubt, no way can u let utley beat u in that situation...revere has0 career homers and 0 extra base hits this season, u make revere beat u .
    So you intentionally walk Chase "Bonds" Utley?

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    So you intentionally walk Chase "Bonds" Utley?
    Why not? The guy on deck has about zero chance to beat you with one swing and if he does manage to hit a single to get within a run you still have a rested Chapman in your back pocket.

I absolutely walk utley in that situation. And chapman should have been ready in case utley came to bat . No way can u let arroyo pitch to utley.

Please don't make a habit of starting reactionary threads over one decision or at-bat during a game.

If you want Dusty fired for his overall body of work, feel free to start a thread about that and list the reasons why. But discussion of individual moments during the game are for Game Threads.

Please remember that moving forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

10. Likes:

redsmetz (04-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Please don't make a habit of starting reactionary threads over one decision or at-bat during a game.

If you want Dusty fired for his overall body of work, feel free to start a thread about that and list the reasons why. But discussion of individual moments during the game are for Game Threads.

Please remember that moving forward.
    If I was allowed to post in game threads then I would post in them. Part of my enjoyment of message boards is being allowed to post in game threads but I cannot on this site for some reason.

Just read the new rules and it appears I just need 50 posts. Good deal. The old procedure was frustrating.
    Last edited by reds700; 04-15-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Never put the go ahead run at the plate or the tying on base. Pretty much baseball 101. Unless Pujols is coming to the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Never put the go ahead run at the plate or the tying on base. Pretty much baseball 101. Unless Pujols is coming to the plate.
    I would normally agree with you but it was on odd circumstance bc the on deck guy has never homered in his career and apparently had no extra base hits all year. In about every other situation I would agree with you.

If I was allowed to post in game threads then I would post in them. Part of my enjoyment of message boards is being allowed to post in game threads but I cannot on this site for some reason.

Just read the new rules and it appears I just need 50 posts. Good deal. The old procedure was frustrating.
    You can post in the Sun Deck Game Threads sub-forum. If you must make knee jerk posts like this (and believe me, you don't have to, nor do they generally lead to quality discussion), they're better served there than in a new thread.

15. Likes:

Tommyjohn25 (04-16-2013)

Could we yes. Will we no. Also I don't walk thy tying run.

For a Level Playing Field

I would normally agree with you but it was on odd circumstance bc the on deck guy has never homered in his career and apparently had no extra base hits all year. In about every other situation I would agree with you.
    Really? And I am sure you also knew that Utley hits a HR off fo Arroyo every time he faces him. Do share that crystal ball you possess when the next PowerBall drawing is held.

An intentional walk to bring the go ahead run to the plate? Hey, CubsZone just called and they miss you. Feel free to re-join them.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Really? And I am sure you also knew that Utley hits a HR off fo Arroyo every time he faces him. Do share that crystal ball you possess when the next PowerBall drawing is held.

An intentional walk to bring the go ahead run to the plate? Hey, CubsZone just called and they miss you. Feel free to re-join them.

Yeah, because I have posted that I knew Utley was going to homer. The only bad thing that could have happened in that situation happened. Homer tied the game. When there are 2 outs and you have a guy like Chapman to fall back on I think you can afford to put the tying run on base. Virtually any other pitcher and probably not. There was no threat for the next guy to tie or take the lead as he has never homered in his career and had no extra base hits on the year. At the very worst you are looking at a 2-1 game with 2 outs and men on first and 2nd, possibly 1st and 3rd. Chapman would have been pitching to their weak hittting lefty 2nd baseman. I will take my chances in that situation vs Arroyo throwing to a very good lefty Chase Utley.

Turn Off Ads?