Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Braun Suspended for Rest of Season- (65 games)

Braun Suspended for Rest of Season- (65 games)

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 1m
    Ryan Braun in a statement: "I am not perfect. I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences."
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 2m
    MLB suspends Ryan Braun for the remainder of the season.

Proves whoever started that thread about trading for him was clearly loony. Oh wait
    Last edited by klw; 07-22-2013 at 05:52 PM.

2. Likes:

dougdirt (07-22-2013),remdog (07-22-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Braun out for Rest of season

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 1m
    Ryan Braun's suspension will be for 65 games.

Re: Braun out for Rest of season

Finally owned up. About time.

Re: Braun Suspended for Rest of Season- (65 games)

In the face of an almost certain long suspension it's too little too late IMO....

7. Likes:

remdog (07-22-2013)

Brewers regretting getting hitched to the wrong horse?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/216496651.html

Major League Baseball has suspended Brewers leftfielder Ryan Braun for the remainder of the 2013 season and he has accepted the penalty, meaning he was caught red-handed either buying and/or using performance-enhancing drugs.

The suspension takes place immediately, so Braun will be suspended for the final 65 games of the season, beginning with the Brewers' game Monday night at Miller Park against San Diego. The sanction came as a result of MLB's investigatiion into the infamous Biogenesis clinic, which was exposed as having sold PEDs to players after documents were released to various news agencies earlier this year.

The suspension also exposed Braun as a liar because he has stated many times that he never used PEDs and never wavered from that stance. He recently told reporters, "The truth hasn't changed," referring to ongoing speculation that he would be suspended for PED use.

But Braun issued this statement about his suspension: “As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect. I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions. This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it is has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization. I am very grateful for the support I have received from players, ownership and the fans in Milwaukee and around the country. Finally, I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed – all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates. I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love.

MLB did not announce specifically what violations Braun committed. Instead, it merely stated that he was suspended for the remainder of the season for violating the Joint Drug Agreement in the Basic Agreement, and that he had agreed to it.
    Under the MLB drug policy, players who fail drug tests and do not win appeals are suspended for 50 games for a first offense, 100 games for a second and face a lifetime ban for a third. But because the Biogenesis investigation involved "non-analytical" evidence, in other words something other than a failed drug test, those penalties did not apply.

That left it to MLB, the players union and the player to negotiate any ban once it was decided to hand down a suspension. That apparently is the process that resulted in the 66-game suspension and Braun's decision to accept it. Recent reports suggested Braun might face a 100-game penalty and he could have been faced with that prior to cutting a deal.
    Last edited by klw; 07-22-2013 at 05:47 PM.

So much for those arguing that any suspensions wouldn't come until the off-sesason.

And by "those" I mean "those horrible people on ESPN radio"

12. Likes:

dougdirt (07-22-2013),dubc47834 (07-22-2013),Tom Servo (07-22-2013),Wonderful Monds (07-22-2013)

So much for that work around he had going.

He admitted to mistakes. What were they? I think we know what they are but it would be nice to say exactly. I'm sure that is a ploy to make sure he keeps his contract.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    Brewers regretting getting hitched to the wrong horse?
    Braun ---> PED user
    Fielder --> BBQ user

Advantage: Prince
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

16. Likes:

Brisco (07-23-2013),CarolinaRedleg (07-22-2013),Crumbley (07-22-2013),cumberlandreds (07-23-2013),Driver62 (07-23-2013),dubc47834 (07-22-2013),foxfire123 (07-22-2013),GIK (07-22-2013),Larkin Fan (07-22-2013),NebraskaRed (07-22-2013),Red in Chicago (07-22-2013),Red Raindog (07-22-2013),RichRed (07-22-2013),SirFelixCat (07-22-2013),The DARK (07-22-2013),TRF (07-23-2013),XU Lou (07-22-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (07-22-2013)

I get the feeling MLB said admit wrongdoing or we'll suspend you for even longer. It's in the best interest of all parties to get this over with as soon as possible.

18. Likes:

remdog (07-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Braun ---> PED user
    Fielder --> BBQ user

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    I get the feeling MLB said admit wrongdoing or we'll suspend you for even longer. It's in the best interest of all parties to get this over with as soon as possible.
    IMO that's exactly what happened.

21. Likes:

dougdirt (07-22-2013),JayBruceFan (07-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Braun ---> PED user
    Fielder --> BBQ user

I realize that Fielder may have been a BBQ user in the past but isn't he vegetarian now. Did that not stick?

Turn Off Ads?