Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Bruce looks like he has become a professional hitter overnight!!!!!!!

Re: Jay Bruce looks like he has become a professional hitter overnight!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    unless he's turned into Miguel Cabrera (he hasn't).
    I demand scientific evidence to prove he is not Miguel Cabrera.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

smixsell (06-24-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Miguel Cabrera plays third base. He also plays in Detroit and speaks Spanish. He also doesn't look like Jay Bruce and is a righty.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Miguel Cabrera plays third base. He also plays in Detroit and speaks Spanish. He also doesn't look like Jay Bruce and is a righty.
    I dunno...what else you got?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

dougdirt (06-24-2013),TRF (06-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    For what it's worth this has a lot to do with his changed approach at the plate and his willingness to go opposite field more.
    Not only that but his LD% has gone up to 27% vs 20% last year. I think that is contributing to his higher than average BABIP.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    For what it's worth this has a lot to do with his changed approach at the plate and his willingness to go opposite field more.
    Agree.....to me he's always been fairly lucky pulling that outside low pitch but he seems to get away with it a lot. Right now he's bombing it over the fence and also staying on more balls and hitting them where they are pitched...I think 1/2 of his higher BABIP is from a better approach.

I dunno...what else you got?
    They look different, too. Miggy is kinda bigger and fatter with curly hair. Jay used to be a bit softer looking around the edges, but now he's more cut. Jay just got married. Convinced yet?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...01206080.shtml

Same place, same time, different peoples.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...01206080.shtml

Same place, same time, different peoples.
    holograms

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

holograms
    Your mom is a hologram!!!!!!

Over the line!!!

http://redpopsports.files.wordpress..../04/jb_rps.jpg

15. Likes:

dougdirt (06-24-2013),TSJ55 (06-25-2013)

Little tidbit I just ran across on CBS Sportsline: since 2010, Jay has 41 HR off LH pitching, which is the most by any LH hitter in the majors during that time frame.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I've never seen Jay Bruce and Miguel Cabrera in the same room (a field isn't a room.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I've never seen Jay Bruce and Miguel Cabrera in the same room (a field isn't a room.)
    Also two people who have never been in my mother's kitchen.
    Last edited by RedEye; 06-24-2013 at 02:23 PM.

19. Likes:

757690 (06-24-2013),Brutus (06-24-2013),Chip R (06-24-2013),Wonderful Monds (06-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Also two people who have never been in my mother's kitchen.
    Thanks Cliff.

21. Likes:

RedEye (06-24-2013)

Turn Off Ads?