Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Jay Bruce looks like he has become a professional hitter overnight!!!!!!!

Re: Jay Bruce looks like he has become a professional hitter overnight!!!!!!!

the problem isnīt bruce..

the problem is that our team (except choo and votto) play the way bruce does without having his power..

cozart, phillips, frazier, paul should start to play small ball and try to get on base instead thinking that they are power hitters like bruce...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It's a stat called 'baseball is hard'.
    He's only 26!

4. Likes:

Ghosts of 1990 (07-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    the problem isnīt bruce..

the problem is that our team (except choo and votto) play the way bruce does without having his power..

cozart, phillips, frazier, paul should start to play small ball and try to get on base instead thinking that they are power hitters like bruce...
    No one ever said THE problem was Bruce. The guy's numbers are decent. The problem with Bruce are the expectations people had with him in the first place. Myself included.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    No one ever said THE problem was Bruce. The guy's numbers are decent. The problem with Bruce are the expectations people had with him in the first place. Myself included.
    So then, is the problem with Jay Bruce or people's expectations?

Jay Bruce is a very good, all star caliber RF. I realize there are people who want and expect more, but seriously, what more can one expect of a player?

I see nothing wrong with the Reds all star caliber RF, on to the next problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    If this is the norm...no way they can win on a consistent basis. The pitching is good but it is not Braves 1991-92 good. They would need to give up 2-3 runs a game to win. The Reds have scored more than 4 runs 8 times in about the last 35 games.
    Scoring is way down recently. In June and July, the league is averaging 3.3 runs a game. The Reds are averaging 3.7. I would expect the Reds to continue to average less than 4 runs a game, but that will still win more games than not in the league right now.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Scoring is way down recently. In June and July, the league is averaging 3.3 runs a game. The Reds are averaging 3.7. I would expect the Reds to continue to average less than 4 runs a game, but that will still win more games than not in the league right now.
    Those numbers are incorrect
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Those numbers are incorrect
    You are correct, they are incorrect. Nevermind.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    You are correct, they are incorrect. Nevermind.
    I would like a cookie
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

What are the correct numbers?

I would like a cookie

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    What are the correct numbers?
    Reds number is correct.

League scoring at 4.09 runs a game this year. Lowest its been since the '80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The team has only one hitter over .272 BA and only three hitters over .745 OPS. I find these numbers astonishing for a team designed to be a serious contender.

There are 38 batters in the NL with +.750 OPS.

2.4 per team
    Cards have five.
    Colorado have four
    SF have four
    Brewers have three
    Phils have three
    Pit has three
    Wash has three

Everyone else: two or less
    Last edited by Raisor; 07-10-2013 at 09:45 PM.

15. Likes:

powersackers (07-11-2013)

There are 38 batters in the NL with +.750 OPS.

2.4 per team
    Cards have five.
    Colorado have four
    SF have four
    Brewers have three
    Phils have three
    Pit has three
    Wash has three

Everyone else: two or less
    That 2.4 per team number is incorrect as I forgot about Houston now being in the AL. It's actually 2.5/team

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Raisor, are you trying to say hitting is down all over baseball and some Reds fans don't see it because we are hyper-focused on our own team? That may be true but it doesn't take away from the black holes in LF, SS and C. I hope there is something big coming before the end of July.
    Last edited by Captain13; 07-11-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Another day, another opposite field HR.

Turn Off Ads?