Oregon - Major Violations

Chip Kelly jumped a sinking ship.

http://college-football.si.com/2013/...ons/?eref=sihp

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Oregon - Major Violations

I am shocked by this news. /noiamnot

Oregon is one of those schools that cant afford massive penalties. Even with Nike, they still have a hard time getting the kids to ignore USC and Stanford out of California at skill positions. The rule of thumb is when the NCAA comes a knocking is to lie because you have nothing to lose. If that dont work come up with some penalaties that seem harsh . If that doesnt work, prepare to bend over.

The 2011 Auburn vs Oregon BCS title game (2010 season) will go down as the most corrupt college football game of all time. Both teams cheated to get there, and even the Fiesta Bowl employees were cheating. It would make a very interesting ESPN 30-30.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Proper punishment will be for them to wear the most boring drab uniforms for a few years, maybe something in plaid.
    Go Gators!

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-17-2013),cumberlandreds (04-17-2013),marcshoe (04-17-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (04-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Proper punishment will be for them to wear the most boring drab uniforms for a few years, maybe something in plaid.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Looks like one of the teams in the 2010 title game actually was cheating and it wasn't the one everyone likes to suggest.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Looks like one of the teams in the 2010 title game actually was caught cheating and it wasn't the one everyone likes to suggest.
    Fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Fixed it for you
    The obtuse need to argue Auburn is "dirty but super stealthy" despite colonoscopies by the NCAA shredding that argument to bits is one of the more amusing signs of jaundiced envy especially since the argument that "the NCAA is gonna find something if they start poking into emails and reciepts" is so prevelant by fans of programs that have been caught cheating.

Clearly the NCAA only finds something when there is something but hattas can keep chasing Bigfoot. Just don't be offended at the smirks you get from people as they watch you howl and then get exhuberant when you interpret someone else howling back as evidence that you find a new species.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

The obtuse need to argue Auburn is "dirty but super stealthy" despite colonoscopies by the NCAA shredding that argument to bits is one of the more amusing signs of jaundiced envy especially since the argument that "the NCAA is gonna find something if they start poking into emails and reciepts" is so prevelant by fans of programs that have been caught cheating.

Clearly the NCAA only finds something when there is something but hattas can keep chasing Bigfoot. Just don't be offended at the smirks you get from people as they watch you howl and then get exhuberant when you interpret someone else howling back as evidence that you find a new species.
    jojo, you're missing my entire point. The NCAA will find fault with whomever they want to find fault with. I guarantee you Auburn has violated many NCAA rules. I guarantee you Alabama has violated many NCAA rules. I guarantee you Duke has violated many NCAA rules. I guarantee you Stanford has violated many NCAA rules. The NCAA just chooses to punish whom they want to punish. I'm not as naive as you. (Of course, I'm assuming you're not trolling.)

I could care less if Auburn has violated many NCAA rules. I could care less that Newton's family or Newton himself was paid in some way at both Auburn and Florida as I'm sure both happened. Again, do I care if he was paid? Not at all. That's the way college athletics works.

But to sit here and act as if the NCAA is some kind of independent entity that treats everyone the same is nonsense. No one outside of Auburn actually believes what the NCAA has to say about the Newton case. Frankly, the only folks who believe the NCAA are the opponents of teams whom they make a case against. Even then, it's not like they believe them, they're just happy they ruled against an enemy of theirs. The NCAA is one of the most corrupt organizations in this country and you treat them as if they're the standard-bearer of honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    jojo, you're missing my entire point. The NCAA will find fault with whomever they want to find fault with. I guarantee you Auburn has violated many NCAA rules. I guarantee you Alabama has violated many NCAA rules. I guarantee you Duke has violated many NCAA rules. I guarantee you Stanford has violated many NCAA rules. The NCAA just chooses to punish whom they want to punish. I'm not as naive as you. (Of course, I'm assuming you're not trolling.)

I could care less if Auburn has violated many NCAA rules. I could care less that Newton's family or Newton himself was paid in some way at both Auburn and Florida as I'm sure both happened. Again, do I care if he was paid? Not at all. That's the way college athletics works.

But to sit here and act as if the NCAA is some kind of independent entity that treats everyone the same is nonsense. No one outside of Auburn actually believes what the NCAA has to say about the Newton case. Frankly, the only folks who believe the NCAA are the opponents of teams whom they make a case against. Even then, it's not like they believe them, they're just happy they ruled against an enemy of theirs. The NCAA is one of the most corrupt organizations in this country and you treat them as if they're the standard-bearer of honesty.
    I think you're missing the point.

The NCAA looked into Oregon and found actual evidence.

The NCAA looked into OSU and found actual evidence.

The NCAA looked into Auburn and had to conclude they couldn't continue in good faith because there was a lack of any evidence.

To somehow continue to act as if there is an equivalency there is simply silly. To posture like Auburn is one of the dirtiest programs in college and the 2010 championship is tainted as some in the national media and many on fanboards do, is to simple admit that facts don't matter and no amount of convincing will cause one to change their mind.

As to the argument that the NCAA just didn't want to find something at Auburn, horsepucky. Bama is supposedly the golden child of the NCAA and they've vacated 29 wins and have been on probation for so many years that it's actually unique that their last two seasons have been probation free. And USC wonders why the NCAA would strip their title but not Auburn's...... You have some proving to do if you want to convincingly argue that the NCAA protects Auburn for some reason.

I get it's an easy narrative and it stirs people up. But so does the narrative of the existence of Bigfoot.

jojo, won't you just let it rest?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    jojo, won't you just let it rest?
    Sure when people quit trying to argue that Auburn is a dirty program with out any proof for their strong proclamations.

The term "Major Violations" here is a little misleading. It just means there won't be a summary judgement and that Oregon will have to go in front of the infractions committee. They still didn't find LOIC, which means there probably won't be any bowl bans. This looks like loss of scholarships, some recruiting restrictions perhaps and maybe some forfeited games and probation.

Sure when people quit trying to argue that Auburn is a dirty program with out any proof for their strong proclamations.
    Well, you're not gonna get any sympathy from Ohio State fans, and since this is a Cincinnati Reds message board, you're gonna have to learn how to deal with them...

I think you're missing the point.

The NCAA looked into Oregon and found actual evidence.

The NCAA looked into OSU and found actual evidence.

The NCAA looked into Auburn and had to conclude they couldn't continue in good faith because there was a lack of any evidence.

To somehow continue to act as if there is an equivalency there is simply silly. To posture like Auburn is one of the dirtiest programs in college and the 2010 championship is tainted as some in the national media and many on fanboards do, is to simple admit that facts don't matter and no amount of convincing will cause one to change their mind.

As to the argument that the NCAA just didn't want to find something at Auburn, horsepucky. Bama is supposedly the golden child of the NCAA and they've vacated 29 wins and have been on probation for so many years that it's actually unique that their last two seasons have been probation free. And USC wonders why the NCAA would strip their title but not Auburn's...... You have some proving to do if you want to convincingly argue that the NCAA protects Auburn for some reason.

I get it's an easy narrative and it stirs people up. But so does the narrative of the existence of Bigfoot.

Man, I really think you are THAT naive. I guess you think OJ was truly innocent too.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 04-17-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Turn Off Ads?