Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love the Reds but...

I love the Reds but...

I use to attend about 25 to 30 games a year..now that I'm working second shifts on my job I can only attended weekend games. I love the Reds but I love them from a distance. I know they have a good team but the frustration of seeing a lineup where players that dont execute the little things in baseball makes me upset. They can win 100 games this year but... there's always a yeah but.. when Dusty manages. To me he just doesnt have that mojo to sense when a rally is coming, pulling a pitcher out..sending his pitching coach out to slow the game down or pulling a player out that's not seeing a particular pitcher well at all..etc etc. To stop from letting my anger and emotions be ruined by a frustrating loss. I just spendmoney on cyclone games..movie nights and bowling and keep up on the Reds with my at bat app. I compared the Reds franchise to a nice upscale restaurant with good food but you just can't stand the people that work for the establishment. I will always have the Reds in my heart...im just waiting for that change..gotta make that change and I will be back in section 503 for every weekend series!!!

2. Likes:

Vottomatic (06-08-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    EMAW

Re: I love the Reds but...

The Reds have won the division two of the last three seasons

5. Likes:

SporkLover (06-07-2013)

Don't be down so much on the Reds.... They are number 2!!! It's unfortunate that they are in the same division as the Cards and the Pirates.... Because otherwise I'm certain this fan base will be more than ecstatic.

The Reds have all of the pieces of a division winning team, Dusty just needs to be a little more willing to tinker with his formula. Cozart moving down in the lineup would help for a starter. Let him build up his confidence lower in the lineup. Not too many complaints other than Jockety would be wonderful if he helped shore it up a bit. Not trying to make the Reds the Cards, but just look at their results when they do things like move slumping hitters (Freese and Jay....maybe holiday) down in the lineup. Career .250 guys are out of the two hole. Their Bullpen has been a revolving door... Until it shored up. Reds have some organizational depth, they can do the same.

Don't turn your back on this phenomenal team!

EMAW

Lack of lefty in pen pretty glaring, Walt get on the phone to KC about Tim Collins
    Not getting much power from a couple of big spots (3B and LF) need to rectify that
    Otherwise even without tinkering a 90 win team

8. Likes:

SporkLover (06-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Lack of lefty in pen pretty glaring, Walt get on the phone to KC about Tim Collins
    Not getting much power from a couple of big spots (3B and LF) need to rectify that
    Otherwise even without tinkering a 90 win team
    X 2...... And like I said previously, its unfortunate the top three teams in the division are so competitive this year... Otherwise this would be another run away year. Strange to think position player wise, this is basically the same Cards from 2012.

Oh well, you know what they say about competition, helps breed stronger competitors.

10. Likes:

I don't have a problem with unconventional managing of the game.. but Dusty just rubs me the wrong way when the media ask him what he's thinking or trying too accomplish with the way he sets his lineup or use of the bullpen. He acts too arrogant and disgruntled and stubborn for me to put down my HARD earned money on the Reds with him leading the team. this game is over a hundred years old..I can't think of q world series manager pulling done of the bull this man tries to pull off
    Last edited by DWS1125; 06-07-2013 at 10:50 PM.

12. Likes:

remdog (06-08-2013)

This team is just not ready for prime time. Way too many players that just fail when it really counts! Votto, Bruce ect...

people can complain about the bullpen but the offense is pretty bad, they're ranked high in runs scored but that's only because they pile it on bad teams but don't seem to get the 2 out rbis like the Cardinals do. Batting average as a team is average and getting worse by day

For a Level Playing Field

I-I-I-I-I... (I think I counted 10-12 of these in the OP. Here is what I think... jump ship. Find a new team. Loyal fans will take YOUR seat in section 503. One of the best records in baseball ain't good enough for YOU... good bye. Go to the ballet. Go to the opera. Maybe the theater.

Study the 1980s. Study the 2000s. Then come back and cry ME that river. YOU will not get a kleenex from ME to wipe YOUR tears.

16. Likes:

KYRedLeg (06-10-2013),RedlegJake (06-08-2013),RedTeamGo! (06-12-2013),westofyou (06-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I-I-I-I-I... (I think I counted 10-12 of these in the OP. Here is what I think... jump ship. Find a new team. Loyal fans will take YOUR seat in section 503. One of the best records in baseball ain't good enough for YOU... good bye. Go to the ballet. Go to the opera. Maybe the theater.

Study the 1980s. Study the 2000s. Then come back and cry ME that river. YOU will not get a kleenex from ME to wipe YOUR tears.
    this is the same person that cries about fans not showing up.. and wonders why. now you say find something else to do. please!! reds need to make the necessary changes and the fan base will sell out on week days, sell out while schools in. rid themselves of crusty and his stubbornness

I understand the frustration here, but come on. The offense s struggling right now, but they'll pull it together. Cozart is finally out of the 2 hole (ironically after he has started to hit the ball). We have some definite pitching reliever issues, but they've taken a step by sending Ondrusek down.

I was at the 12-4 loss to Colorado and the 9-2 loss to St. Louis, which were hard to sit through (especially with irritating Cards fans). That said, I know this team has more in them, I think they just need to tap into their strengths. I hope they can win tonight to win the series against the Cards; hopefully that'll calm some of the belly aching about this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    X 2...... And like I said previously, its unfortunate the top three teams in the division are so competitive this year... Otherwise this would be another run away year. Strange to think position player wise, this is basically the same Cards from 2012.

Oh well, you know what they say about competition, helps breed stronger competitors.
    I don't think it's unfortunate, quite the contrary. With all 3 teams playing at a high level, I believe that it is motivating the teams to play better.

As far as the everyday lineups, I think you're overlooking Matt Carpenter. Statistically, he not only has put up the best 2B numbers this season (so far), but also among the best at the lead off position.

It has made a huge difference for the Cardinals, just as Choo has for the Reds.
    Last edited by SpiritofStLouis; 06-09-2013 at 10:11 AM. Reason: semantics
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofStLouis View Post
    I don't think it's unfortunate, quite the contrary. With all 3 teams playing at a high level, I believe that it is motivating the teams to play better.
    As far as the everyday lineups, I think you're overlooking Matt Carpenter. Statistically, he not only has put up the best 2B numbers this season (so far), but also among the best at the lead off position.

It has made a huge difference for the Cardinals, just as Choo has for the Reds.
    Well I did say that in my last sentence of the my quoted post.

To be clear at what I meant.... not that anyone should run away with the division, but the fact that a week ago baseball's three best records belonged to a single division. It's unfortunate, because move the Reds or the Pirates record to any other division and they would have been at the top. That sort of performance (if sustained through out the year) should deserve a more solid opportunnity to play in October other than the one game Wild Card show down.

Reds are something like 13-18 against teams with winning records. We mop up bad teams and lose to good ones. This team is above average to good, but nowhere near great.

The 1 difference between good teams (Reds) and great teams (Cards) is how you do on the little things. Right now and really during the Dusty era the Reds just don't do the little things it takes to win. Example from last night:

1. Arroyo's inability to get down a key bunt and ends up bunting into a double play.

2. Votto being taged out at third because he didn't slide

3. Chapman's inability to pitch more then 1 inning and an inning other then the 9th

4. Inning ending K's when just putting the ball into play probably scores you a run or two...

Turn Off Ads?