Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Devin Mesoraco

Re: Devin Mesoraco

Mesoraco is interesting. He has a bat, and history of batting, that actually plays pretty much anywhere. If he can avoid taking too much wear and tear from his position he could be an elite catcher in the MLB. Even more he offers a good bat to replace Joey on maintenance days, or be a designated hitter.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    Mesoraco is interesting. He has a bat, and history of batting, that actually plays pretty much anywhere. If he can avoid taking too much wear and tear from his position he could be an elite catcher in the MLB. Even more he offers a good bat to replace Joey on maintenance days, or be a designated hitter.
    Mesoraco should play 3/5 days moving forward. No reason not to play him.

4. Likes:

BigJohn (04-19-2013)

Amen to that!!

It is time!

Looking so good the last two games with the bat. And hey, if you're going to give Hannagan credit for well pitched games you've got to give Mes some credit for Leake's dominate performance and getting the rook Cingrani through five innings. Hannagan will come around at the plate and will always be stout on defense so our catching going forward looks beefy.
    "Me carrying a briefcase is like a hotdog wearing earrings." Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Mesoraco should play 3/5 days moving forward. No reason not to play him.
    agreed

At this point I would just play the hot hand the majority of the time. For now that seems to be Mesoraco. Doesn't mean Hannigan shouldn't play at all, but Mesoraco is the hot hand and the Reds should ride it until he cools down, especially in light of Hannigans sore left hand.

At some point Dusty has to get off of personal catchers. Either catcher should be able to work with any pitcher, or at least that is what he should strive for.

When Bruce and Frazier got hits I was wishing mes was in the lineup instead of hanigan. Our lineup looks so much more dangerous right now with mes than hanigan. Not tryin to bash on hanny but mes looks really good at the plate right now.

Mes in lineup today catching arroyo, saying hanny is still having problems with his thumb that got hit in St. Louis, but I think it is more than that I think it is just getting mes in the lineup to catch 3 of 5 days. I think it is a great move.

Mes is gonna have to work overtime most likely these next few days!!!

Hanigan to the dl, mesoraco's time to prove himself!

I'm looking through some of these threads about the reds struggles in April a d the catcher position comes out?!?! I hope they are referring to hanigan and corky. Mez is showing more plate discipline and selective ness than anyone on the team not named Votto Phillips or Choo. When he does hit it, it's harder than anything hanigan or miller could ever think about connecting for at any point in their careers. So perhaps, especially while hanigan is down and we are currently missing our biggest right handed threat, he needs to play more than two games in a row and see if the power comes. I like his approach and it'd just be a matter of time if he gets to play.

I see corky miller is in the lineup again today, I know mes hasn't been tearing it up , but come on , I like corky as a person but he gives u almost nothing offensively, and he is not very good defensively either, I would think mes should b out there almost everyday, especially with cingrani pitching, if they keep cingrani up, wouldn't mes b the one catching him, u would think u would want them tobe familiar with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyredway View Post
    I see corky miller is in the lineup again today, I know mes hasn't been tearing it up , but come on , I like corky as a person but he gives u almost nothing offensively, and he is not very good defensively either, I would think mes should b out there almost everyday, especially with cingrani pitching, if they keep cingrani up, wouldn't mes b the one catching him, u would think u would want them tobe familiar with each other.
    100% agree. I also think if Mez saw some consistent time he'd start hitting for more power. With ludwick out the reds could use a right handed power guy to step up. Frazier has been streaky but at least he's getting a real everyday chance. Mez was a better prospect. Give him an everyday chance too

3 games in 5. PH for Corky or pitcher in other 2. You need to conserve your catcher for a long season. Corky should never see more time than 1 or 2 games in 5.

He rarely plays when Hannigan is healthy yet corky gets more PT in backup role than Mes gets in backup role. Makes no sense.

Turn Off Ads?