Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cingrani called up in place for Cueto, will make start of Thurs against Marlins.

Cingrani called up in place for Cueto, will make start of Thurs against Marlins.

Per Fay twitter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cingrani called up in place for Cueto, will make start of Thurs against Marlins.

At home against the Marlins. This has to be the ideal situation for giving Cingrani his first start.

4. Likes:

HometownHero (04-17-2013),LexRedsFan (04-17-2013)

Re: Cingrani called up in place for Cueto, will make start of Thurs against Marlins.

I like it!

is he on his normal days of rest or is one day less
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

I had heard that he is one day short of his normal rest. However the last day he pitched, he was pulled in the second inning. So he may not need that full 5 days.

It will be a little odd if Freeman is sent back down since they never used him.

love to see him do well and then replace Leake when Cueto comes back.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

first game against one of the worst teams in baseball => not a bad start for cingrani at all

So he goes from facing a AAA lineup to a AA one

12. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-17-2013),coachpipe (04-18-2013),HometownHero (04-17-2013),OGB (04-17-2013),pahster (04-17-2013),Plus Plus (04-17-2013),Puffy (04-17-2013),Raisor (04-17-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (04-18-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Stubhub was friendly today. Bought seats in 134 for $9 this afternoon for tomorrows game.

14. Likes:

mdccclxix (04-17-2013),Tom Servo (04-17-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Stubhub was friendly today. Bought seats in 134 for $9 this afternoon for tomorrows game.
    Got dugout box for just a bit over 30. I was blown away.

Now I just hope the forecasted rain stays away.

16. Likes:

dougdirt (04-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Got dugout box for just a bit over 30. I was blown away.

Now I just hope the forecasted rain stays away.
    You and me both. I can't go on Friday.

The Marlins impressive looking 20-year old right hander Jose Fernandez will counter Cingrani. Surprising to most was Fernandez's inclusion on the Marlins opening day roster but he has not disappointed, posting a 0.82 ERA, 0.73 WHIP and 13 k's in two starts. Certainly a very exciting pitching matchup tomorrow night at GABP.

19. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (04-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    The Marlins impressive looking 20-year old right hander Jose Fernandez will counter Cingrani. Surprising to most was Fernandez's inclusion on the Marlins opening day roster but he has not disappointed, posting a 0.82 ERA, 0.73 WHIP and 13 k's in two starts. Certainly a very exciting pitching matchup tomorrow night at GABP.
    While I am going to see Cingrani, I am equally excited to see Fernandez. The kid has been really, really good so far. Hopefully his lack of a good change up will allow Choo/Votto/Bruce to do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    It's less likely that Fernandez gets sent back down so it will be interesting to see how he does the rest of the season.

Baseball America still says the Marlins shouldn't have rushed him.

Turn Off Ads?