Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cingrani called up in place for Cueto, will make start of Thurs against Marlins.

Re: Cingrani called up in place for Cueto, will make start of Thurs against Marlins.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    It will be a little odd if Freeman is sent back down since they never used him.
    The same thing happened to Tom Cochran a couple years ago.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cingrani called up in place for Cueto, will make start of Thurs against Marlins.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Marty and Kelch were talking like they called Jose Fernandez up as a publicity and attendance ploy to appease their fans, since they sold off their team from last year.
    I think alot of people believe that.

I hope that Cingrani kills it today.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

5. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-18-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm interested to see what Cingrani can do -- everything I've read said that, despite the gaudy numbers, his breaking ball is not ready for prime-time.

That's usually a recipe for a short outing when you're a starter.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

My prediction: 6.0 IP 5h 2BB 8K 2 ER.

He is going to be here to stay.

any guesses on who's catching for Cingrani?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The same thing happened to Tom Cochran a couple years ago.
    according to the box scores.(I turned the game off in the 7th as it was over) Freeman pitched an inning yesterday and gave up the 2 runs

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'm interested to see what Cingrani can do -- everything I've read said that, despite the gaudy numbers, his breaking ball is not ready for prime-time.

That's usually a recipe for a short outing when you're a starter.
    It is much better this year than last. And he can throw it for strikes. He shouldn't throw it 30 times a game, but 15 times will work just fine.

11. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (04-18-2013)

I just hope that the inclement weather doesn't factor into his MLB Starting debut. From looking at weather.com, it appears that right around gametime the winds will be gusty and towards the middle/end of the game, rain is supposed to start again.

Winds in GABP isn't always a good thing, especially if it is blowing out. Hopefully it won't matter and he K's the fish like no man's business.

I feel like Cingrani tearing up the big leagues would be too good to be true as a Reds fan.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I feel like Cingrani tearing up the big leagues would be too good to be true as a Reds fan.
    I feel like it can happen. He looked good last year and he's improved this year. I think he can do it.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

15. Likes:

crazybob60 (04-18-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (04-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    I feel like it can happen. He looked good last year and he's improved this year. I think he can do it.
    I am with you a 100% on this!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    His first two starts he has been great. In fact he is only the 2nd pitcher ever 20 or younger and the first since 1965 to give up 1 run or less and 3 hits or less in his first two major league starts.

Through 2 starts his numbers are a 0.82 ERA, 0.73 WHIP, and a 13.3 K/BB ratio.

If Cingrani is on this could be a great young pitcher's duel tomorrow night.
    Sounds like Fernandez is due for an off game.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    Sounds like Fernandez is due for an off game.
    Whoa...

Turn Off Ads?