Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Zack Cozart and the 2 Hole

Zack Cozart and the 2 Hole

With the exception of leadoff, these are all pretty small sample sizes. For his career, here are Cozart's numbers by where he hits in the order:

Leadoff (443 ABs):
    .223/.262/.379/.641

2nd (156 ABs):
    .321/.361/.500/.861

7th (35 ABs):
    .114/.111/.286/.397

Season: (Entering tonight, where he's 2-2 in the 2 hole, and these are tiny sample sizes)

2nd:
    .300/.333/.550/.863

7th:
    .097/.094/.290/.384

As I've said, these are all pretty small sample sizes and the ones this year are even smaller, but is there something to Cozart hitting in front of Votto in the lineup?
    "The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldnít do it." - Brad Kullman

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Zack Cozart and the 2 Hole

.375 BABIP while hitting 2nd.
    .246 BABIP while hitting 1st.

Nowhere else has enough at bats to even matter.

I definitely remember him raking last year while hitting in front of Joey. Cozart is definitely a guy who will benefot from hitting in front of Joey, and if --unlike Heisey--he takes advantage, I say leave him there.
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

Yeah...like I said in the other topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    For what it's worth this is Cozart's career slashline batting 2nd:

.331/.370/.517

(That gives him an OPS of .887)

That .887 OPS would have led every qualifying SS in the league last year. On top of which he brings + defence to the table. I think putting Cozart in the 2 hole is easily the best place for him.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

For now I think it's your best option. Against tough right-handers I might throw XP in the two hole and stick him in left, but I think Coz needs to bat in that spot most nights.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

Might as well keep Cozart in there while it works, it's not as if Heisey thrives there.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I'll move to Mexico if we don't keep Cozart in the 2-hole all year.

OK, not really, but I will complain a lot on RedsZone.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Whatever works and it's working now, keep him there.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I'll move to Mexico if we don't keep Cozart in the 2-hole all year.

OK, not really, but I will complain a lot on RedsZone.
    And that will be different from...
    "I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody".
    óBill Cosby

Cozart said himself tonight after the game, he's confident and comfy in the 2 hole, he spent his entire minor league career hitting there. With an average over .320, I hope the Reds leave him there.

Choo
    Cozart
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Heisey/Paul/Robinson
    Hanigan/Mesoraco

Our line up is set until Luddy gets back, good thing to see.. It would be HUGE if Mesoraco starts clicking on all cylinders

If he keep hitting there's no reason to change things up, now if we can get Mesoraco going and meet his potential we could be onto something special once Ludwick comes back. If Cozart can pull .280ish off hitting 2nd and BP keeps raking in the 4 hole, then in the second half a 6-7-8 of Frazier, Ludwick and Mesoraco would be exciting to watch especially on days Leake starts

Turn Off Ads?