Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/18/13 - Miami Fish @ Reds - Cingrani's 1st start

Re: 4/18/13 - Miami Fish @ Reds - Cingrani's 1st start

What the heck are we paying Joey Votto for? To look pretty?!
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Funny, right now, the last guy I want up for the Reds with runners on is Votto.
    "I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody".
    óBill Cosby

I hope the Reds leave Votto in all game. I'd just assume see him get as many AB's as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Cozart walks. 9-1 Reds!
    That was a soft walk.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Votto is lost. He's not hitting the ball hard. Can't complain about a .500+ OBP though.
    he'll stop being pitched around really soon. He's not producing and everyone else is, teams will not give him the free pass any more.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Mercy me. Wonder how long before pitchers start busting Votto right down the middle of the plate?
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everybody has one, and they don't want someone else's shoved into their face.

I said in another thread, but the Marlins should give the Astros a run for the worst team in MLB this season.
    "I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody".
    óBill Cosby

Joey is a train wreck right now when he swings the bat. One of the strangest things I've seen in awhile.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

Sam LeCure in to pitch

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

It's hard for me to watch Votto struggle like this. I know he's walking alot. But he looks lost at the plate.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Votto is lost. He's not hitting the ball hard. Can't complain about a .500+ OBP though.
    Very true. I worry that he may never get it back. I'm my sure if its mental or what, but it's taking him a long time to recover.
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

Reds record when in attendance 2013: 4-2
    Reds record when in attendance 2012: 4-9

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Mes is pitching a great game again.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I wasn't trying to be too harsh on him. He has a bright future. But we have to keep in mind, he hasn't even seen that much time in the minor leagues. Good teams like St. Louis, Atlanta, Washington, etc. would give him a whole lot of trouble. The Marlins chased a lot of balls out of the strike zone tonight that other teams won't be going after.
    Hard to tell. Cingrani may just be the rare pitcher who matures early - who simply doesn't need to toil in the minors that long.

Just impossible to tell at this stage, but I wouldn't take anything negative from tonight. His results were great and he had to be more nervous than usual starting an NL game at GABP.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Mercy me. Wonder how long before pitchers start busting Votto right down the middle of the plate?
    Not long. And then he'll kick it in gear and they'll go back to pitching around him.

It's a vicious cycle.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Nice to see Sam back out there. When I think of LeCure, I think of Scott Sullivan.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-18-2013 at 09:27 PM.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Turn Off Ads?