Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 4/19 Miami vs the Reds

Re: 4/19 Miami vs the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Okay, I've been letting your comments slide...but come on. Are you even a Reds fan? Seriously? That's beyond absurd IMO.
    We determined down in the Sundeck Maker is NOT a Reds fan. Cards maybe?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Man, is it any wonder game threads don't have as much traffic anymore? Holy overreaction and pouting from everyone. Baseball is here. IT'S BACK. Winter is gone. Enjoy this. It's no fun being miserable.

4. Likes:

jimbo (04-20-2013),kbrake (04-19-2013),LaFlamaBlanca (04-19-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (04-19-2013)

We're bad again.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

LaFlamaBlanca (04-19-2013),TSJ55 (04-19-2013)

I'm no longer buying the "Joey isn't getting anything to hit" argument. He's been pitched around a lot, sure, but he's had a bunch of RBI opportunities also. This is the worst his swing has ever looked. He looks completely lost.

As for the team, this looks like the same roller coaster offense we've seen for a couple years now. You never know if they'll score a dozen or be shut down. Totally unpredictable.

8. Likes:

Falcon7 (04-19-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Reds lose. Brutal loss. The Marlins are the worst team in baseball, by far.
    They are bad...but I'm guessing you haven't watched much Astros' baseball lately.

I transcend race, hombre LaFlamaBlanca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    where did i ever mention juan pierre?
    Just pulled a guy who has "never been an elite player" out of a hat. No real rhyme or reason for it, but then again, there wasn't for your post either.

I'd be really interested in finding out what changed from ST to now. Or even the end of last year to now. I know Votto isn't typically red hot coming out of the gate, but he doesn't look anything like himself. At first it seemed fine because of the walks and one would think that it was a reflection of his pitch recognition...now I'm thinking it was a matter of him just not swinging and pitchers/umps respecting him too much.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Well, I'm a pretty positive minded person and I always try to give the benefit of the doubt...but that doubt is getting pretty darned hefty right now.

when was the last time Votto hit the ball with power and authority to left field? not talking about singles to left. when votto is going good, he frequently drives the outside pitch to left and left center field. right now he is either missing or fouling off that pitch.

Not to be a contrarian or anything but the Reds only run came from Votto swinging on a 3-0 pitch to send a deep fly to left that allowed Choo to tag and score.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

15. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (04-19-2013)

They are bad...but I'm guessing you haven't watched much Astros' baseball lately.
    I have watched the Astros, and they are a better team than the Marlins. At least they have a couple decent players on the roster. They'll probably lose 105 games. Marlins could lose 115.

Well, I haven't looked at his splits. But I don't see steady decline. I see his OBP being a career high of .405 in 2010 then the next 2 season right at his career norms. His dingers went down last season, but he had twice as many doubles. And each year he's still having more BB's than K's. He'll be fine. He's in a slump, much like Joey is.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not down on Mes either. His time may very well be now...but the ragging on Hanny is excessive (that's all my point was).
    I'm not in favor of excessive ragging on a player, as you put it.

But I don't think Hanigan's hitting will be fine. He doesn't hit righties, he no longer hits for any power. If you think it's only a slump, I disagree.

18. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Man, is it any wonder game threads don't have as much traffic anymore? Holy overreaction and pouting from everyone. Baseball is here. IT'S BACK. Winter is gone. Enjoy this. It's no fun being miserable.
    The game threads are no different this year than they've been in the years I've been reading them. When you have an up and down team, you'll get up and down game threads. It's the nature of sports and the nature of sports fans. That doesn't make someone "miserable".

Well, if anyone is gonna "figure it out", Votto is about as good a candidate as anyone I can think of. So I certainly think he will get things rolling. But he IS somewhat lost ATM.

Oh well, it's hard to take 4 of 4. 3 of 4 will be fine with me

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Not sure about his allegiance, but he's always leaned toward the negative side.

Turn Off Ads?