Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will be the Reds everyday LF in 2013?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shin Soo-Choo (re-signed with Hamilton in CF)

35 51.47%
  • Ryan Ludwick (fully recovered from injury)

28 41.18%
  • Donald Lutz (minor league breakout in 2013)

4 5.88%
  • Other (please list below)

1 1.47%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Plays LF in 2014?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Who Plays LF in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    82 wins, too.
    I won't disagree with that either. I'm hoping for the best with Hamilton, but you just never know.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think Choo will sign with a big market team. Maybe the Yankees. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm expecting Ludwick in left next year. I think Hamilton will be on the big club, not sure he will be the starting CFer right out of the box. He will be soon.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Man, a lot of people think the Reds have a shot at bringing Choo back. I just can't see it. It will be Ludwick, fully healed or not (clearly he will be "healthy" but whether he is back to a normal expectation is another story).

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Man, a lot of people think the Reds have a shot at bringing Choo back. I just can't see it. It will be Ludwick, fully healed or not (clearly he will be "healthy" but whether he is back to a normal expectation is another story).
    The only way I see Choo coming back is if they either win, or get very close to winning, the World Series. RCast is just deliriously spending money to keep the team together at all cost. Billy Hamilton needs to be really, really good. I have faith he will be.

I love Choo, but whichever team signs his next deal will be taking on a huge risk - investing 40 -60MM in a guy on a the wrong side of 30. We could see his speed and defensive skills declining fairly quickly. Better to take the draft pick and be happy with having him play for the Reds at what could very well be his peak year. I'd rather see them just stick with Ludwick/Heisey/Lutz/Paul with Hamilton in CF and use the big money to extend Latos.

Anyone, but Heisey.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

part of BBN

I am hoping Jocketty comes thru with some of his "sign'em to extension" magic like he pulled off in St Louis in regards to Choo.
    If Mez continues to improve, he may be ready in 14 to take over a more crucial hitting role on this team (middle order type) which would help offset a Ludwick shed.
    Then we would have Choo-Hamilton-Mez as fixtures with the Votto's/Bruce's etc.

I think some of us are underestimating the effect the Reds' clubhouse may have on Choo. After the walk-off today, Choo ran back to BP and hugged him for a LONG time celebrating the win. He already seems to fit in very well with the ball club, which is awesome to see. It really seems that Jocketty has not only constructed a talented team on the field, but potentially even a more talented team off the field. Im not saying Choo is going to take a 50% discount to stay with the team but rather we shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the potential of the Reds re-signing him past 2013.

-Matt

10. Likes:

remdog (04-21-2013)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Would love too Choo come back --

wow -- I bet I'm not the only one -- but this is not the Yankees' pot of gold so I just can't see it happening.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Nobody. Hamilton is fast enough to cover both center and left. The batting order might present a problem though. :O)

Seriously, don't count out Heisey in this equation. We're expecting Hamilton to be ready...he very well might not be. Ludwick, Heisey, Bruce is something we may need to prepare for.
    If Hamilton isn't ready, the Reds will get a CF for one year just like they did with Choo. Absolutely no way they choose to start a season with Heisey as a starter.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'd do everything humanly possible to sign Choo.

He's Walt's Jim Edmonds for this franchise.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

14. Likes:

jmac (04-20-2013),remdog (04-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    I think some of us are underestimating the effect the Reds' clubhouse may have on Choo. After the walk-off today, Choo ran back to BP and hugged him for a LONG time celebrating the win. He already seems to fit in very well with the ball club, which is awesome to see. It really seems that Jocketty has not only constructed a talented team on the field, but potentially even a more talented team off the field. Im not saying Choo is going to take a 50% discount to stay with the team but rather we shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the potential of the Reds re-signing him past 2013.

-Matt
    True, it's not out of the question that he resigns. But, it's doubtful unless he gets a new agent.

I'd love to see the team re-sign Choo, but I think I'd rather see them lock up Latos and Homer for the next five years. A Ludwick-Heisey-Bruce outfield (as the worst-case scenario if Hamilton tanks) could still be quite serviceable -- especially if Mesoraco and Frazier continue to develop and the pitching staff dominates as it has been recently.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

17. Likes:

remdog (04-21-2013),wlf WV (04-20-2013)

I would rather sign Homer ,but I don't foresee him or Choo in a Reds uniform next year.So I say Ludwick,with Paul in the mix.
    Last edited by wlf WV; 04-20-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    May the Lord bless

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    I would rather sign Homer ,but I don't foresee him or Choo in a Reds uniform next year.So I say Ludwick,with Paul in the mix.
    For the record, Bailey isn't a free agent until 2015. Are you suggesting he will get traded?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Turn Off Ads?