Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will be the Reds everyday LF in 2013?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shin Soo-Choo (re-signed with Hamilton in CF)

35 51.47%
  • Ryan Ludwick (fully recovered from injury)

28 41.18%
  • Donald Lutz (minor league breakout in 2013)

4 5.88%
  • Other (please list below)

1 1.47%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Plays LF in 2014?

Re: Who Plays LF in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    For the record, Bailey isn't a free agent until 2015. Are you suggesting he will get traded?
    I believe he was saying he'd rather see the Reds put the $ toward Homer than Choo if it was an either or situation.

I tend to agree with this thinking. The Reds can get a an outfielder with a similar skill set through trade alot cheaper than a TOR arm.

Latos cost:

Alonso
    Grandal
    Volquez
    Boxberger

Choo cost:

Stubbs
    Gregorious

I'd really like to see Homer get a 6yr/$54 mil contract in the offseason
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'd do everything humanly possible to sign Choo.

He's Walt's Jim Edmonds for this franchise.
    Not sure about that - the comps to Walt's Cardinals players are a bit over the top. Remember shortly after he was drafted, Yonder Alonso was going to be Walt's Albert Pujols for this franchise?

I love what Choo has brought to this team. I'd love to have him around for the next couple years, too. But IF it precludes our ability to keep at least 2 of Cueto/Latos/Bailey past next year, I'd pass.
    Go BLUE!!!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Not sure about that - the comps to Walt's Cardinals players are a bit over the top. Remember shortly after he was drafted, Yonder Alonso was going to be Walt's Albert Pujols for this franchise?

I love what Choo has brought to this team. I'd love to have him around for the next couple years, too. But IF it precludes our ability to keep at least 2 of Cueto/Latos/Bailey past next year, I'd pass.
    This comparison goes more than skin deep, IMO:

Walt brought Jim Edmonds to STL to play CF, via trade, with one year left on his deal, prior to his age 30 season. He re-signed with STL long-term and became one of the centerpieces to the most dangerous lineup in the NL for the better part of a decade.

Now Walt brings Choo to CIN to play CF, via trade, with one year left on his deal, prior to his age 30 season.

Edmonds' career OPS prior to arriving in STL: .856
    Choo's career OPS prior to arriving in CIN: .847

Choo is complete ballplayer -- power, hits for average, can (it seems) play all 3 outfield positions. You do whatever you can to keep a player like him once you've got your hands on him.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    This comparison goes more than skin deep, IMO:

Walt brought Jim Edmonds to STL to play CF, via trade, with one year left on his deal, prior to his age 30 season. He re-signed with STL long-term and became one of the centerpieces to the most dangerous lineup in the NL for the better part of a decade.

Now Walt brings Choo to CIN to play CF, via trade, with one year left on his deal, prior to his age 30 season.

Edmonds' career OPS prior to arriving in STL: .856
    Choo's career OPS prior to arriving in CIN: .847

Choo is complete ballplayer -- power, hits for average, can (it seems) play all 3 outfield positions. You do whatever you can to keep a player like him once you've got your hands on him.
    Choo is 31 in June. Any extension would start with what is basically his age 32 season.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Choo is 31 in June. Any extension would start with what is basically his age 32 season.
    Edmonds turned 30 during the middle of his season with the Cards. Choo turns 31 in the middle of this season.

He's under a year older than Edmonds was when the Cards acquired him. The point is, they're roughly at the exact same point in their respective careers.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?