Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else becoming concerned with Votto

Re: Anyone else becoming concerned with Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    What I'm hoping is that Votto's talent and work ethic gets him thorough this and all will be well.

What the 800 lb. gorilla in the room is Votto's depression and anxiety issues from a few years back. I realize it may be a very insensitive thing to say, but it makes me think he may be more prone to getting his swing totally out of whack. And on a long-term if not permanent basis.

And I want with all my heart and soul for that to be untrue and I'm speaking out my butt and everyone can point and laugh at me for being an idiot and unnecessarily worried an d jumping to conclusions. I'll gladly take all those slings and arrows for our usual superstar Joey Votto.
    You're far from an idiot for thinking those things, Roy. I tend to think he'll be ok but I'd be lying if I said I didn't, on some level, share the same concerns.

One thing that encourages me: I don't know if there's a precedent for a player having a Steve Blass or Chuck Knoblauch style meltdown at the plate. Anyone?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Joeys not walking on 4-0 counts and is getting pitches to hit with very little in the way of slugging to show for it. It's a concern for sure.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

If this was june it would be one thing.

Its not.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Tony Horton sized
    Uh, huh.

And, it isn't always a bad thing to hit strike one. Sometimes the best one you get.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

The Curse of Rocky Colavito applies only to the Cleveland Indians.

Votto has built in immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    That's over about what, ten years? Mr. Sample Size misses an important fact.

We aren't getting off on the right foot- I've never even seen you here before, so sorry to start off this way.

It just gets a little old when you can't even question something without the sabre folks having an excuse for everything.

Sample size! BAPIP!

I can see with my own eyes, he's off. He looks like Tim Rebow throwing a football right mow.

Sorry if we wish to discuss that, I realize most human beings would wait for 700 plate appearances before even mentioning it, as long as he keeps walking.
    You don't get to apologize and act like you're taking some higher road while taking multiple shots in the same post with starting with "mr sample size" remarks and "700 PA's before discussion"

Lets just put each other on block/ignore, bc its obvious we aren't going to get along.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

he needs to be given the Scott Rolen treatment from last season and sit out a game a week

High five!

That's over about what, ten years? Mr. Sample Size misses an important fact.

We aren't getting off on the right foot- I've never even seen you here before, so sorry to start off this way.

It just gets a little old when you can't even question something without the sabre folks having an excuse for everything.

Sample size! BAPIP!

I can see with my own eyes, he's off. He looks like Tim Rebow throwing a football right mow.

Sorry if we wish to discuss that, I realize most human beings would wait for 700 plate appearances before even mentioning it, as long as he keeps walking.
    Lame.

Ignore.

10. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-20-2013),AtomicDumpling (04-21-2013),ervinsm84 (04-21-2013)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

He's my favorite player, obviously by my username.

I'm concerned but I don't think it will last. He'll start to hit.

I disagree that he's not getting pitches to hit. He's just not hitting them.

I'll re-state my unpopular opinion from the thread from when he signed his very LTC (and won't be scared off by his home run he just hit). I think Votto's great success (that lifted him from good to great) came from the fact that he was a finely tuned hitter.

Which is why he arrived on the scene at a later age than most stars do. And why I think 2010 will be his career year, and that he'll revert to just be good pretty quickly.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    He's my favorite player, obviously by my username.

I'm concerned but I don't think it will last. He'll start to hit.

I disagree that he's not getting pitches to hit. He's just not hitting them.
    He should be fine, but people can ask. It's been awhile since we've seen him be him....

hopefully today is the start of something.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Close this thread so the guilty aren't embarrassed in the future.

15. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (04-21-2013),Homer Bailey (05-18-2013),Patrick Bateman (04-20-2013),Playadlc (04-20-2013),WildcatFan (04-20-2013)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

If any Reds fan ISN'T concerned about the cornerstone of our franchise, a guy to whom we just pledged a gargantuan amount of money, then they're just being silly. There is legit cause for concern.

Hope this is the start of something good, but two solo homers don't completely erase my doubts that something is wrong with the guy.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Why can't it even be discussed? I'm not worried about asking a question.

I'm not going to be embarrassed by some concern.

As Raisor said, this isn't June.

Again, hopefully today is the start of something...I'm not tryimg to be rigjt or wrong, I share in the concern some here have.

18. Likes:

Why can't it even be discussed? I'm not worried about asking a question.

I'm not going to be embarrassed by some concern.

As Raisor said, this isn't June.

Again, hopefully today is the start of something...I'm not tryimg to be rigjt or wrong, I share in the concern some here have.
    If you want an honest answer, it's not that you're asking the question, it's that you're mocking everyone for giving you a reasonable answer to your question.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

20. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-20-2013),jimbo (04-20-2013),kearns and dunn (04-20-2013),mth123 (04-20-2013),PuffyPig (04-20-2013)

Turn Off Ads?