Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Songs and Sound at GABP

Songs and Sound at GABP

Anyone have a line on how we get them to shake up the show at GABP? Getting pretty tired of "Ma-ma-ma-make some noise!" and the incomprehensible Gary Glitter song. At least they got rid of "THUMP-THUMP-GOOOO...THUMP-THUMP-GOOOOO" and Gwen Stefanis' "Sweet Escape".

And so as not to be a total naysayer, I do like most of the walk-up songs and enjoy our vibe at GABP.

GO REDS!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Songs and Sound at GABP

Just an observation....

No idea. They probably only change their music every year, maybe every all star break too

What about that Cincinnati song that they played on opening day. How about they play that after every win? A'la the song the lil' cubs play after a win.
    Pete Rose will be leaving the Montreal Expos to become player - manager for the Cincinnati Reds

The players change their personal songs whenever they want. The crap they play over the PA like "come on come on come on" hasn't been changed in years. It doesn't really bother me. Its just part of the atmosphere. I enjoy it. What does bother me is the "WOO" ignorance. I've no problem with the occasional heckle. It can be funny sometimes. However when some random idiot is yelling "Woo" for no particular reason its irritating. It lessens my enjoyment of the game.

Does anybody know where the "we'll all come home..." song comes from or who sings it? I've run it through SoundHound and it didn't recognize it. Tried to google the lyrics and came up empty there also. Just curious - thanks for any help!

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MachineRed21 View Post
    Does anybody know where the "we'll all come home..." song comes from or who sings it? I've run it through SoundHound and it didn't recognize it. Tried to google the lyrics and came up empty there also. Just curious - thanks for any help!
    If you are talking about the annoying song that plays everytime a Reds batter has two strikes, the lyric is "Come on come on" and it is Gary Glitter. I will be writing the Reds this week asking to have that song removed from the ballpark. It is appalling that it still gets played and he still gets paid.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that's the song (and I sat through a really bad video on youtube to make sure lol). Anyway, it goes...'we'll all come home' or 'we'll all go home.' It's used when the Reds are rallying it seems - thanks for the help, I'll keep searching!

Oh. Is that the words to that song? It is so muddled that I never could figure out what they were saying. There is probably a better rally song that this.

I AGREE!!!
    That "gary glitter" clip is the WORST....mainly because they play it so often.
    It really is annoying, only saving grace is that I believe they usually play it when the reds are starting a rally

I am happy to see all these comments...and I agree, I will be writing GABP this week as well to request the removal of that song. It is annoying, uninspiring, and yes, Gary Glitter does not deserve a penny after his reprehensible actions in the past. Thanks, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by MachineRed21 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that's the song (and I sat through a really bad video on youtube to make sure lol). Anyway, it goes...'we'll all come home' or 'we'll all go home.' It's used when the Reds are rallying it seems - thanks for the help, I'll keep searching!
    I think we're talking about the same song, everyone else is talking about something else........
    Pete Rose will be leaving the Montreal Expos to become player - manager for the Cincinnati Reds

This is the song I'm talking about
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8RCFqwv8wg

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I love that this song is a point of contention for both The Sun Deck and The Old Red Guard.

That Gary Glitter song is atrocious.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

Thanks Rantly - that's it! I've been trying to find that forever...not saying that I like it or don't, but I just wanted to know where it came from! Thanks much

Turn Off Ads?