Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bengals Draft Wish List

Re: Bengals Draft Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Yea that would be ideal. I feel like the Bengals don't have many glaring needs outside of safety, so they can afford a high-risk high-reward pick like this. If Lattimore can come back healthy, this will be a great pick and he will be a top RB in the NFL. If not, it's disappointing that a 3rd/4th round pick didn't pan out, but they're not passing on an area of need to do it. Plus, although BJGE is nothing amazing, he is solid, so there's no huge rush for Lattimore to get on the field.
    I don't want any part of of Marcus "paper mache legs" Lattimore
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Tavon Austin is more like Percy Harvin while Andy Hawkins is more like a poor man's Percy Harvin. Tavon is much more explosive and would be an instant weapon for this offense, but its a moot point to debate since Tavon will likely be gone by the time the Bengals pick.

I'm hoping for DJ Fluker or Alec Ogletree in the first, Eddie Lacy or Gio Bernard with one of the second round picks, and best player available with the other.
    I had the Packers taking Da'Rick Rogers in the 2nd round of the NFL Mock Draft Thread. Kind of doubt Thompson will go for him, but I liked my pick. He's a Top 10 talent, IMO. If he's still available at 84, the Bengals should definitely consider him.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I had the Packers taking Da'Rick Rogers in the 2nd round of the NFL Mock Draft Thread. Kind of doubt Thompson will go for him, but I liked my pick. He's a Top 10 talent, IMO. If he's still available at 84, the Bengals should definitely consider him.
    I think that Cleveland and Pittsburgh are both more likely to snare Rogers in the 3rd, before he gets to Cincinnati.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I think that Cleveland and Pittsburgh are both more likely to snare Rogers in the 3rd, before he gets to Cincinnati.
    My bad, I meant 55. In the 2nd round. He probably won't fall past that. Depending on what happens with Smith, I'd go OT>S>RB/WR or S>RB>WR.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 04-22-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Sure wish the Bengals could find a way to get one more selection in the second round.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Sure wish the Bengals could find a way to get one more selection in the second round.
    I'd be OK with them trading down 10-12 spots if they could pick up an extra 2nd rounder. Especially in this draft, where there is very little talent differentiation between the 15-30th best prospects and the 30-45th best prospects. After the top 5 or 6 guys, the next 40 are all about the same.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I'd be OK with them trading down 10-12 spots if they could pick up an extra 2nd rounder. Especially in this draft, where there is very little talent differentiation between the 15-30th best prospects and the 30-45th best prospects. After the top 5 or 6 guys, the next 40 are all about the same.
    Are there even 5-6 top guys?

Everyone in every draft wants to trade down to acquire more picks. Having extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds allows you the flexibility to take BPA or chances.

I will admit I am intrigued with the prospects of drafting a CB and moving Kirkpatrick to S. I remember thinking last season that Kirkpatrick ends up at S.

At this point I am hoping we just get lucky and run into a great pick, someone who will be able to contribute early.

Dave Lapham to be on with Lance at 5:05. Lapham typically drops hints.

Dave Lapham to be on with Lance at 5:05. Lapham typically drops hints.
    For those of us who can't listen, someone please give us a report of what he says

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Would love to see them take a QB in the middle rounds. Matt Scott from Arizona would be a good choice.

I missed it too. Podcast should be up within the hour at 1530.

Rob Rang has Bengals taking Watson, Ogletree, and Bernard.
    That would be atrocious IMO. No thanks on the latter 2 and would prefer Watson in the 2nd.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Would love to see them take a QB in the middle rounds. Matt Scott from Arizona would be a good choice.
    Scott is definitely an intriguing developmental QB project. I'd pick him up in the 5th for sure but not sure he will make it down that far.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

So I missed Lapham yesterday, he will be on 700 WLW tonight at 7:05. The podcast is not working. Lance did send some tweets.

Lance tweeted:
    Lap: Last year players 15-30 about same in draft, this year, players 10-40 about same. #Bengals. Says some teams taken RB Lacy off boards.
    Lap says he can see #Bengals trading down from 21. Also could see ND TE Eifert at 21.

Turn Off Ads?