Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bengals Draft Wish List

Re: Bengals Draft Wish List

That's the second place I've read that Lap has called for Eifert.

2. Turn Off Ads?

FWIW, one of the draft value boards (where it gives a value for each spot in the draft) indicated that an exchange of the Bengals first round pick would be roughly equal to the Jaquars 2nd round pick (I believe the 2nd pick in round 2) and the Jaquars 3rd round pick (I believe the 1st pick in round 3).

The Jaquars are one of several teams that have been discussed as a possibility of moving up into the backend of the 1st round to pick up their QB, so it could make sense for them.

If the Bengals could resign Andre before tomorrow night, make a trade like that, then use their 5 picks in rounds 2 & 3 to address Safety, RB, interior offensive line, play making WR and LB I'd be very happy.

4. Likes:

Benihana (04-24-2013),RiverRat13 (04-24-2013),TeamSelig (04-24-2013)

I HOPE they don't take Eifert. In recent years the Bengals have been pretty predictable in the 1st round. It wasn't a surprise that they took Rivers, Gresham, Smith, Green, and OG and CB in last years draft.

However this year I have no idea where they go. There are more pressing needs than at TE if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    However this year I have no idea where they go. There are more pressing needs than at TE if you ask me.
    Completely agree. There are much more pressing needs. I liked what Charles was able to do in limited time last year. And I'm not ready to give up on Gresham yet.

I'm predicting the Bengals take a corner and move Kirkpatrick to safety. And I'm predicting that corner to be D.J. Hayden.

I'm really hoping the Bengals can agree with Andre Smith before the draft tomorrow. Too many mock drafts have the Bengals taking an OL in the first round, and I would much rather see them address other needs ahead of that.

Lapham was on with Lance tonight. Some bullet points

-Talked about Tackle being a priority if Andre Smith isn't signed
    -Talked negatively of DJ Fluker, thought he wasn't quick enough to deal with NFL pass rushers. Brought up Kyle Long's drug use history
    -More praise for Eifert
    -Bengals like the safeties, names were thrown around, not much in depth
    -Gio Bernard received pretty good praise, called him a "poor man's Ray Rice"
    -Thinks Bengals are well positioned to trade down

Peter King reported today that the Bengals LOVE Eddie Lacy
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I hope the Bengals don't draft a RB in the first round.

Actually I'm of the belief that NO RB should ever be picked in the first round. Get yourself some first round OL talent and a RB in the later rounds will see solid success.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Thanks for posting Lap's comments.

That's interesting about Fluker. If Smith doesn't get signed, Kyle Long would be a very interesting prospect if he was still around for their 2nd pick in the 2nd round. It sounds like there's a good chance Smith gets signed though, so hopefully they can forget about Tackle for this draft.

I think it would be great if they could get a safety in the 1st (maybe Vaccaro somehow drops that far?!), and Lacy in the 2nd. That would address the two biggest needs and then really open up the rest of the draft. With the Bengals being fairly solid at most other positions, I think it could free them up to go after some high risk high reward guys in the 3rd round and later - guys who have top-tier talent but have slipped because of some character/injury issues. Sam Montgomery, Mathieu, Lattimore.

Kiper, McShay and Peter King all say Lacy will be the Bengals pick.

Meanwhile, Lapham and others seem to imply it will come down to Vaccaro, Eifert or Fluker (basically whichever of the three is still available). Interesting.

Out of those four, I'd prefer Vacarro or Eifert. I'd wait for a RB and OT until after the first two picks.
    Go BLUE!!!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I love the idea of the Bengals trading down for the Jags round #2 and round #3 picks. Then they could take Cyprien, Lacy and Long in round 2, and come back with LB and CB in the third before picking up a WR in the fourth, a C in the fifth, a QB and S in the sixth and BPA in the seventh.

Best case scenario: Sign Smith and make that trade and the world is the Bengals' oyster.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I love the idea of the Bengals trading down for the Jags round #2 and round #3 picks. Then they could take Cyprien, Lacy and Long in round 2, and come back with LB and CB in the third before picking up a WR in the fourth, a C in the fifth, a QB and S in the sixth and BPA in the seventh.

Best case scenario: Sign Smith and make that trade and the world is the Bengals' oyster.
    If Vaccaro is not available, I would be thrilled if they could trade down. I think Cyprien/Reid and Lacy would still be available in the 2nd round. If not Lacy, I would still love to see them take Lattimore in the 4th.

Please no Lacy in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

I usually hate when people say "let's trade down" because all fans seem to want to trade down and it is usually unrealistic. But this year the Bengals may be in the right place at the right time for a run on QBs so I think trading down is a legitimate possibility. And I think the math for a team's #2 and #3 for the Bengals #1 also adds up. If the Bengals don't trade back, I think St. Louis at #21 definitely will.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I usually hate when people say "let's trade down" because all fans seem to want to trade down and it is usually unrealistic. But this year the Bengals may be in the right place at the right time for a run on QBs so I think trading down is a legitimate possibility. And I think the math for a team's #2 and #3 for the Bengals #1 also adds up. If the Bengals don't trade back, I think St. Louis at #21 definitely will.
    Every team wants to trade down. Not only to get more picks but the lower your pick is the more money you save. Especially in this draft where there is depth but no top dog wouldn't you rather pay a guy picked around 35 who you valued at 21?

I think trading will go the way of Geno Smith. If he slips past the Bills I think he falls and teams will move back up into the 1st to get him in the 20's. If he is taken before the Bills the Bills probably will take Nassib instead of waiting. But if both Smith and Nassib fall the Bengals should be in good position to move.

Turn Off Ads?