Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Horrible Song

Worth The Wait

Re: Horrible Song

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    And a few young ones who think incessent noise is something everyone should embrace

Life us incessent noise, baseball used to slow life down a bit.

Somewhere those two producers from The Simpson's show arrived and changed the venues feel
    It's a lack of confidence. Baseball hears everyone saying they are losing the younger generation, the game is too slow and traditional, etc. and they make the mistake of trying to add bells and whistles ala the NBA or NFL. While I find that stuff somewhat annoying on all levels, those types of gimmicks work fairly well in the other leagues. An intro video for example (one that is well done) works in the other two sports due to the nature of the games....

It just doesn't work in baseball.

Baseball should embrace it's differences rather than attempting to assimilate with the other sports.

Of the 1,000 things I can think of that would make baseball more appealing to new fans, none of them have anything to do with piped in music.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I can barely hear the songs over the tv but the woooo comes through too well.... They need to find that frequency and cancel it out asap if that's possible

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    I can barely hear the songs over the tv but the woooo comes through too well.... They need to find that frequency and cancel it out asap if that's possible
    I must not be paying close enough attention because I havent heard the Woo on TV and I was at the Cingrani game and didnt hear it once.

What I do hear though a couple times a game is the "ICE COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDD Beer" guy. Which I enjoy

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    I must not be paying close enough attention because I havent heard the Woo on TV and I was at the Cingrani game and didnt hear it once.

What I do hear though a couple times a game is the "ICE COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDD Beer" guy. Which I enjoy
    i never hear him anymore

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    i never hear him anymore
    Heard him atleast 3 times last night all before the 7th inning

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post

Went to college with him - he's been doing that for years now.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Went to college with him - he's been doing that for years now.
    I remember him from Riverfront.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Did Gary Glitter go away? I haven't noticed it recently. I haven't been to a game this year, but I haven't heard that in the background for awhile. Reds Reporter wrote a article about this a month ago. http://www.redreporter.com/2013/5/13...atedly-playing

I spent at least 15 minutes sending this link to every Reds related email that I could.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I noticed they didn't play it when I attended a game during the Rockies series.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Did Gary Glitter go away? I haven't noticed it recently. I haven't been to a game this year, but I haven't heard that in the background for awhile. Reds Reporter wrote a article about this a month ago. http://www.redreporter.com/2013/5/13...atedly-playing

I spent at least 15 minutes sending this link to every Reds related email that I could.
    Now that you mentioned it... I didn't hear it at all at the two games I attended over the weekend.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Gary Glitter seems to have been removed from the rotation. Haven't heard him yet this home stand.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    If you're part of the reason it is gone, THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    If you're part of the reason it is gone, THANK YOU!
    Indeed. A grateful (RedsZone) nation thanks you, LoganBuck.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I can verify, was at the Sunday Night game vs. the Cards, and didn't hear it once. And was glad to not hear it.

Forwarding some links on Twitter and Email, doesn't make me anything. Thank FordhamRam via Reds Reporter , he put it into words.

FWIW I didn't get a single response from a Reds employee. Nor did I need one.
    Last edited by LoganBuck; 06-18-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?