Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Votto Choo OBP

Votto Choo OBP

Interesting, MLB.com has Votto 1 and Choo 2 for OBP. BP is 3 on the RBI list. Bruce is 4 in Strike Outs.

If Bruce makes contact we might see some exciting Reds baseball.

That's my thought for the day.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Votto Choo OBP

Quote Originally Posted by Kcbuckeye22 View Post
    Interesting, MLB.com has Votto 1 and Choo 2 for OBP. BP is 3 on the RBI list. Bruce is 4 in Strike Outs.

If Bruce makes contact we might see some exciting Reds baseball.

That's my thought for the day.
    Reds should go out and get an experienced bat for LF. Somebody who is a consistent hitter, even if he's on the downside. Not a star, just a steady, sound hitter.

Somebody who could serve as fourth outfielder if Ludwick comes back and be a good bat off the bench. Not a big money guy, but somebody who can add some consistency to the lineup.

They need some more consistency or they will waste all the OBP they are getting from Choo and Votto. This year presents a special opportunity with those two OBP beasts.
    Last edited by Kc61; 04-21-2013 at 09:46 AM.

It is amazing, if Ludwick were healthy, and just part of what he was last year, this lineup would be explosive. Missing a legit LF'er is hurting this lineup. Heisey isn't pulling his weight at all. I may rather just go with Robinson for defense and figure whatever happens on offense is a plus.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (04-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds should go out and get an experienced bat for LF. Somebody who is a consistent hitter, even if he's on the downside. Not a star, just a steady, sound hitter.

Somebody who could serve as fourth outfielder if Ludwick comes back and be a good bat off the bench. Not a big money guy, but somebody who can add some consistency to the lineup.

They need some more consistency or they will waste all the OBP they are getting from Choo and Votto. This year presents a special opportunity with those two OBP beasts.
    Martin Prado style

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

Two names that come to mind:
    Ibanez? On a Seattle team that's given him 46AB's in 13 games
    Do you really want me to type the name 'Jonny Gomes' in this spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Two names that come to mind:
    Ibanez? On a Seattle team that's given him 46AB's in 13 games
    Do you really want me to type the name 'Jonny Gomes' in this spot?
    Not sure how soon the Cubs will cash in David Dejesus, but they have Brett Jackson as the big time prospect grooming to play CF, Ryan Sweeney as a stopgap OPSing 1.2000+ in AAA and Julio Borbon just off the waiver wire. David Sappelt is getting the PT against LHP and I'd guess its only a matter of time until Dejesus is dealt off.

Dejesus would look pretty good in LF and hitting in the 2 hole. Heisey can play against LHP. Theo is looking for stuff he can use down the road, so it may cost some one who hasn't already reached suspect status. Perhaps some one like Ismael Guillon for Dejesus would work. I wouldn't give up much off the big league club or key alternates at AAA, but if they'd take a guy like Arredondo or Ondrusek to even up the money a bit, I'd be all for it.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-21-2013),REDREAD (04-22-2013)

Dejesus is a GREAT target, a high OBP guy for 2 hole until ludwick comes back and can spell ludwick on a platoon if he does come back successfully. And no long term promise. Would do that in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Not sure how soon the Cubs will cash in David Dejesus, but they have Brett Jackson as the big time prospect grooming to play CF, Ryan Sweeney as a stopgap OPSing 1.2000+ in AAA and Julio Borbon just off the waiver wire. David Sappelt is getting the PT against LHP and I'd guess its only a matter of time until Dejesus is dealt off.

Dejesus would look pretty good in LF and hitting in the 2 hole. Heisey can play against LHP. Theo is looking for stuff he can use down the road, so it may cost some one who hasn't already reached suspect status. Perhaps some one like Ismael Guillon for Dejesus would work. I wouldn't give up much off the big league club or key alternates at AAA, but if they'd take a guy like Arredondo or Ondrusek to even up the money a bit, I'd be all for it.
    I would do this (although I'd rather move someone like Sharky Rogers than Guillon). We've both wanted to pry DeJesus loose from the Cubs for a while now.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I would do this (although I'd rather move someone like Sharky Rogers than Guillon). We've both wanted to pry DeJesus loose from the Cubs for a while now.
    I'd rather deal Sharky as well, but Theo is looking for some one with potental to be in the plan down the road and not on the fringe. Guillon offers that chance. I think if they were willing to deal Dejesus for some one like Rogers, he'd have been dealt already for salary relief - maybe last year at the deadline.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I'm hoping that we'll see Mesoraco turn into that other dependable bat over this next month or so that Hanigan is out. How great would it be to get that power plant for the lineup out of the catcher position?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Not sure how soon the Cubs will cash in David Dejesus, .
    Great idea. DeJesus got mentioned a lot last year, but he makes a lot more sense this year.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Good news with Jay is that his OBP is pretty good at 340ish.

We know he'll hit for power. This bodes well.

Turn Off Ads?