Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hanigan to the DL, Corky Miller purchased from AAA, Masset to 60 day

Hanigan to the DL, Corky Miller purchased from AAA, Masset to 60 day

C Trent posted that Corky Miller is in Cincinnati today, so it looks like Hanigan is going to the DL. Hopefully Mes capitalizes on the opportunity and is able to get more opportunities, even once Hanigan comes back

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hanigan to the DL?

I agree. I'm hoping Mes continues to swing the bat the way he has.

Anyone know what exactly is wrong with Hannigan's finger (or was it his thumb)?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I agree. I'm hoping Mes continues to swing the bat the way he has.

Anyone know what exactly is wrong with Hannigan's finger (or was it his thumb)?
    Hanigan took a foul ball right off of his thumb on his throwing hand in St.Louis last week. Sounds like he tried to play through it, but it wasn't healing at all.

If I'm remembering the replay right, he's lucky it didn't do more damage than it did.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

From Mark Sheldon:

Hanigan to DL

The Reds placed C Ryan Hanigan on the 15 day DL with a strained left oblique. That wasn’t the injury I expected since Hanigan has had a sore right thumb.

Corky Miller was called up from Louisville and Nick Masset was moved to 60 day DL.

Honestly, I think this is best for the team. I really don't think Mes. was gonna get his shot with Baker unless something like this happened. I really think Mes is about to breakout huge.

I'm also happy to (possibly) see Corky Miller get a few games out of this.

And btw, we could lose the "?" in the thread title I'd say.

Fay/C-Trent's take:

The Reds placed Ryan Hanigan on the 15-day disabled list before Sunday’s game with a strained left oblique. The team called up veteran catcher Corky Miller to replace him on the 25-man roster and transferred right-hander Nick Masset to the 60-man roster.

Hanigan had been dealing with an injury to his right thumb, but Reds manager Dusty Baker said Hanigan hurt his oblique in the ninth inning of Frida’s game against the Marlins when he reached high to catch a fastball from Aroldis Chapman. The time on the DL will also help give his thumb time to heal. Hanigan took a foul ball off the thumb in the April 9 game at St. Louis. He was unable to catch in Saturday’s game against the Marlins and said his thumb was getting worse, not better.

Zack Cozart will be available to pinch-run or pinch-hit in a jam, Baker said. Cozart got hit in the fingers on a bunt attempt in the 13th inning of Saturday’s game. X-rays on the fingers showed no fracture.

An oblique? Who knew that was an issue, and since when?

Would it explain how bad he has looked at the plate?

Nevermind the above post answered this.

Look up one post.

And no. The thumb however...maybe.

Corky!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

BurgervilleBuck (04-21-2013)

This is all part of Dusty's master plan to get all of the team's injuries out of the way in the first few months of the season. Brilliant.

Does Corky's stache get its own locker?
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

I wonder if this is all part of the official transition to Mes.

Prediction: This type of injury is usually a 3-4 week heal. By the time he comes back their roles will be reversed and Mesoraco will catch 80% of the time.

If he played everyday I could see him with a .270/.340/.490 line.

Turn Off Ads?