Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: best current Reds lineup

Re: best current Reds lineup

Well, I will tell you this much: the best Reds lineup does not include Cesar Freaking Izturis batting 2nd. Good god.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Not surprised dusty put him in the 2hole. That's dusty for ya shortstops bat 2nd.
    1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Frazier
    5. Bruce
    6. Paul
    7. Izturis
    8. Miller
    9. Bailey

That's probably how I would put the lineup , with these players in there.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyredway View Post
    Not surprised dusty put him in the 2hole. That's dusty for ya shortstops bat 2nd.
    1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Frazier
    5. Bruce
    6. Paul
    7. Izturis
    8. Miller
    9. Bailey

That's probably how I would put the lineup , with these players in there.
    Please tell me that's a joke right? Izturis? Cozarts glove kills his more than the bat would make up. Miller can't hit a slow pitch softball and Mez has looked good at the dish. And Frazier in 4 then Bruce in 5. Prepare to strand some serious runners while striking out against anything that is above average pitching.

I just now realized you were using the players dusty is tonight. My bad. But really miller? Mez was one of the few guys who had a clue at the plate last night. Drew two walks.

I didn't mean izturis and miller all the time, that is the starting lineup tonight, I meant that is the way I would have the order with izturis and miler starting tonight.

And I am a huge mes fan, I think he should b starting catcher even when hanny returns.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I know, I know. Chris Heisey sux.

Here are a couple of numbers to consider though:

1) Chris Heisey's line drive average is 24%. League average is 22%
    2) Chris Heisey's BABIP is .220. League average is .293.
    3) On line drives Chris Heisey's line slash line is: .385/1.000/1.385. League average is .682/.982/1.664.
    4) Chris Heisey is probably the best defensive left fielder the Reds have.

Yes, Heisey is off to a slow start. But he hasn't gotten much luck to date. These things even out over the long haul.

Thanks,

Chris Heisey's Brother.
    I agree I would love for Chris Heisey to get an actual look in the two hole. I am not talking about a platoon situation but a actual shot where he plays 5 times a week for a month. Given consistent playing time I venture to say his numbers would be even better.

I didn't mean izturis and miller all the time, that is the starting lineup tonight, I meant that is the way I would have the order with izturis and miler starting tonight.
    I'm sorry. I didn't realize that until I looked at the actual lineup and saw that's who dusty is running out there. I don't mind izturus for a game. Maybe cozarts hand is still hurting. But miller (i love the guy) couldn't hit water if he fell off the titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    I agree I would love for Chris Heisey to get an actual look in the two hole. I am not talking about a platoon situation but a actual shot where he plays 5 times a week for a month. Given consistent playing time I venture to say his numbers would be even better.
    Heisey is quite possibly the best defensive CENTER fielder the reds have too. If he must play play him there and at least strengthen the D

And I am a huge mes fan, I think he should b starting catcher even when hanny returns.
    Me too! Totally agree.

That is one heck of a stache miller has though.

That is one heck of a stache miller has though.
    It's be great to see it in the reds dugout more often.....as a coach or manager.

Reds line up going forward should be:

Choo
    Mesoraco
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    X Paul
    Cozart

Cozart's K's and DP's are not working in the 2 hole, dead pull hitter, no discipline.
    The Reds have def some weaknesses on offense. They traded Gregorius way to soon, IMHO

I hope you mean Frank Robinson. Because Derrick Robinson is not a major league ballplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Reds line up going forward should be:

Choo
    Mesoraco
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    X Paul
    Cozart

Cozart's K's and DP's are not working in the 2 hole, dead pull hitter, no discipline.
    The Reds have def some weaknesses on offense. They traded Gregorius way to soon, IMHO
    The Reds got quite possibly their second best hitter in the deal for Gregorious and Stubbs. All Gregorious does is play spectacular defense. He would not help the offense out at all.

Turn Off Ads?