Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58

Thread: best current Reds lineup

  1. #16
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    2,889

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    Well, I will tell you this much: the best Reds lineup does not include Cesar Freaking Izturis batting 2nd. Good god.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    65

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    Not surprised dusty put him in the 2hole. That's dusty for ya shortstops bat 2nd.
    1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Frazier
    5. Bruce
    6. Paul
    7. Izturis
    8. Miller
    9. Bailey

    That's probably how I would put the lineup , with these players in there.

  4. #18
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    Quote Originally Posted by cincyredway View Post
    Not surprised dusty put him in the 2hole. That's dusty for ya shortstops bat 2nd.
    1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Frazier
    5. Bruce
    6. Paul
    7. Izturis
    8. Miller
    9. Bailey

    That's probably how I would put the lineup , with these players in there.
    Please tell me that's a joke right? Izturis? Cozarts glove kills his more than the bat would make up. Miller can't hit a slow pitch softball and Mez has looked good at the dish. And Frazier in 4 then Bruce in 5. Prepare to strand some serious runners while striking out against anything that is above average pitching.

  5. #19
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    I just now realized you were using the players dusty is tonight. My bad. But really miller? Mez was one of the few guys who had a clue at the plate last night. Drew two walks.

  6. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    65

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    I didn't mean izturis and miller all the time, that is the starting lineup tonight, I meant that is the way I would have the order with izturis and miler starting tonight.

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    65

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    And I am a huge mes fan, I think he should b starting catcher even when hanny returns.

  8. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I know, I know. Chris Heisey sux.

    Here are a couple of numbers to consider though:

    1) Chris Heisey's line drive average is 24%. League average is 22%
    2) Chris Heisey's BABIP is .220. League average is .293.
    3) On line drives Chris Heisey's line slash line is: .385/1.000/1.385. League average is .682/.982/1.664.
    4) Chris Heisey is probably the best defensive left fielder the Reds have.

    Yes, Heisey is off to a slow start. But he hasn't gotten much luck to date. These things even out over the long haul.

    Thanks,

    Chris Heisey's Brother.
    I agree I would love for Chris Heisey to get an actual look in the two hole. I am not talking about a platoon situation but a actual shot where he plays 5 times a week for a month. Given consistent playing time I venture to say his numbers would be even better.

  9. #23
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    Quote Originally Posted by cincyredway View Post
    I didn't mean izturis and miller all the time, that is the starting lineup tonight, I meant that is the way I would have the order with izturis and miler starting tonight.
    I'm sorry. I didn't realize that until I looked at the actual lineup and saw that's who dusty is running out there. I don't mind izturus for a game. Maybe cozarts hand is still hurting. But miller (i love the guy) couldn't hit water if he fell off the titanic.

  10. #24
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    I agree I would love for Chris Heisey to get an actual look in the two hole. I am not talking about a platoon situation but a actual shot where he plays 5 times a week for a month. Given consistent playing time I venture to say his numbers would be even better.
    Heisey is quite possibly the best defensive CENTER fielder the reds have too. If he must play play him there and at least strengthen the D

  11. #25
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    Quote Originally Posted by cincyredway View Post
    And I am a huge mes fan, I think he should b starting catcher even when hanny returns.
    Me too! Totally agree.

  12. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    65

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    That is one heck of a stache miller has though.

  13. #27
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    Quote Originally Posted by cincyredway View Post
    That is one heck of a stache miller has though.
    It's be great to see it in the reds dugout more often.....as a coach or manager.

  14. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    280

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    Reds line up going forward should be:

    Choo
    Mesoraco
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    X Paul
    Cozart

    Cozart's K's and DP's are not working in the 2 hole, dead pull hitter, no discipline.
    The Reds have def some weaknesses on offense. They traded Gregorius way to soon, IMHO

  15. #29
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,795

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    I hope you mean Frank Robinson. Because Derrick Robinson is not a major league ballplayer.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  16. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10

    Re: best current Reds lineup

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Reds line up going forward should be:

    Choo
    Mesoraco
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    X Paul
    Cozart

    Cozart's K's and DP's are not working in the 2 hole, dead pull hitter, no discipline.
    The Reds have def some weaknesses on offense. They traded Gregorius way to soon, IMHO
    The Reds got quite possibly their second best hitter in the deal for Gregorious and Stubbs. All Gregorious does is play spectacular defense. He would not help the offense out at all.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25