Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ridiculous "Yahoo!" Article About Reds Trading For David Price

Ridiculous "Yahoo!" Article About Reds Trading For David Price

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cincinn...5uxB5jks2FCLcF

All told, the Reds should be facing a $110-million range in 2014 payroll commitment, which won't give the small-market team much maneuvering to acquire a pricey pitcher like Price.
    Unless of course, the Rays like what they're offered and are willing to help the Reds offset an equal amount of salary for what it would cost to pay Price.

That would equate to three veterans -- Broxton, Chris Heisey and Logan Ondrusek -- and two top prospects -- Daniel Corcino and Donald Lutz -- for Price.

It would fill five key positions for the Rays at the cost of one ace, and for the Reds the acquisition of Price would provide a front-end playoff rotation of Price, Cueto and Latos through 2015. Talk about trading Price has already started, but the Reds might be able to fly beneath the radar once again and jerk the carpet out from underneath the baseball world once again.
    Seriously?

This article was written/posted today. That's more ridiculous than even the most one-side preposterous hypothetical trade I've seen on Redszone!
    Last edited by Benihana; 04-21-2013 at 08:02 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Likes:

REDREAD (04-22-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ridiculous "Yahoo!" Article About Reds Trading For David Price

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cincinn...5uxB5jks2FCLcF

Seriously?

That's more ridiculous than even the most one-side preposterous hypothetical trade I've seen on Redszone!
    If that were on the table, I'm pretty sure Price would be wearing Red tomorrow.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

5. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (04-21-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    If that were on the table, I'm pretty sure Price would be wearing Red tomorrow.
    Yeah, you'd have to do that before they got the chance to change their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Yeah, you'd have to do that before they got the chance to change their mind.
    You mean before the drugs wore off. (It is a 4/20 weekend, so you never know)
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

8. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-21-2013),malcontent (04-21-2013)

That's way overpaying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Salukifan2

I think every team in the MLB has had some article written about how they've been connected to either Price or
    Stanton
    Last edited by Salukifan2; 04-21-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Still....I think the Reds need to throw in a Johnny Bench "Batter UP" to get the deal done.

Turn Off Ads?