Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You can keep 2 - which do you keep of the 3?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: You can keep 2 - which do you keep of the 3?

I refuse to play this game because I simply don't believe the Reds will allow only 2 to stay. If Homer really wants to leave, he will. But I think he's really liking what Price is doing with him. He may dislike the ballpark, but I haven't heard him say anything negative other than that. I'd be stunned if he doesn't get extended.

I think we keep all 3 AND sign Choo to an extention.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I refuse to play this game because I simply don't believe the Reds will allow only 2 to stay. If Homer really wants to leave, he will. But I think he's really liking what Price is doing with him. He may dislike the ballpark, but I haven't heard him say anything negative other than that. I'd be stunned if he doesn't get extended.

I think we keep all 3 AND sign Choo to an extention.
    Can anyone think of a time when Jocketty let a player of real quality walk away? Seems like he always gets good players who he traded for to extend. Doesn't seem to make sense for Reds financially but looking at the GM track record it kind of does.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Cueto has had better peripherals than Bailey over the last few years. Bailey's FIP has been right around 4.00 while Cueto's has been around 3.40.
    Sure but FIP is influenced by "luck". Generally speaking xFIP and SIERA are more commonly used to project how well a starter should play.

Bailey: xFIP - 3.75, SIERA - 3.81
    Cueto: xFIP - 4.09, SIERA - 4.12

Bailey: xFIP - 3.77, SIERA - 3.78
    Cueto: xFIP - 3.90, SIERA - 3.93

Bailey: xFIP - 3.94, SIERA - 3.84
    Cueto: xFIP - 3.65, SIERA - 3.66

2013 (so far)
    Bailey: xFIP - 3.26, SIERA - 3.43
    Cueto: xFIP - 2.80, SIERA - 3.17
    Now what I find to be most interesting about this is that Cueto has outperformed his peripherals consistently while Bailey has performed worse than his peripherals every year. What I also find interesting is that Cueto has been constantly improving.

I think what it comes down to is whether or not people feel that Cueto's body can hold up over time, and whether or not Bailey wants to play here. Cueto is the better pitcher.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

5. Likes:

757690 (04-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Kate Upton fills out a bikini better than my girlfriend. That's about it

But seriously, the point is that many people are worried that Cueto might revert to his what his peripherals say he will revert to, when if he did, he still would be better then Bailey.
    Well, if Cueto reverts to his peripherals and Bailey doesn't out perform his, maybe. I still think the biggest question is health, which says something given that Bailey isn't exactly the baron of health. I think Cueto reverting back to his "peripherals" is a little bit of a concern, but far less than the health of Cueto.

7. Likes:

757690 (04-22-2013)

Would need to know age of each pitcher and years left on contract w club control. Also projected # of wins in the next 3 or 4 years for each.
    Who is the most susceptible to TJ surgery.
    Pete Rose will be leaving the Montreal Expos to become player - manager for the Cincinnati Reds

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou1990 View Post
    Would need to know age of each pitcher and years left on contract w club control. Also projected # of wins in the next 3 or 4 years for each.
    Who is the most susceptible to TJ surgery.
    Who cares how many wins a pitcher has? It is not indicative of how the pitcher performed.

Ok - then which performance metric? Bottom line is I trust the front office to make the best decision possible based upon many of the items mentioned.
    Pete Rose will be leaving the Montreal Expos to become player - manager for the Cincinnati Reds

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou1990 View Post
    Ok - then which performance metric? Bottom line is I trust the front office to make the best decision possible based upon many of the items mentioned.
    Innings, walks, strikeouts and home runs. The rest is out of their control for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    My first reaction to this question, totally off the cuff, is keep Latos and Bailey even though Cueto has been the best of the trio. Pitchers are always a huge gamble. I think Latos and Bailey are better bets to stay healthy than Cueto.
    My thoughts exactly.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Turn Off Ads?