Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Criticisms of Fox Sports Ohio Broadcasts

Re: Criticisms of Fox Sports Ohio Broadcasts

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Techie View Post
    My complaint isn't so much about the in-game broadcast, but the commercials. One of my biggest pet peeves is when a commercial from the national broadcast will start and then suddenly cut out and be replaced by a local commercial. Fox Sports Net Ohio is the absolute worst tv station for doing this. They do it almost every break and yes I know it's stupid, but it drives me absolutely insane! Every other tv station has figured out how to time it right, why can't the monkey's at FSN Ohio get it right?
    This might not be an FSN problem. It is possibly your cable provider inserting the commercials.
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 04-23-2013 at 08:23 AM.

2. Likes:

BurgervilleBuck (04-23-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    I can't believe I read that "Brantley is great"... I'm really confused now
    I love the Cowboy.

Can we do something about the ANGRYBIRDSPACE ad? It's making me long for the days of the ClubRak and FamersOnly.com.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I love the Cowboy.

Can we do something about the ANGRYBIRDSPACE ad? It's making me long for the days of the ClubRak and FamersOnly.com.
    Wait...kids can actually learn from angrybirdspace?

6. Likes:

REDREAD (04-23-2013)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I love the Cowboy.

Not sure if it was on FSO, but I miss the State Farm ad when the girl says "look, here comes my date.........I met him on the internet........he's a French model". Then the goon walks up and says "uh.......bonjour!" The look on her face is priceless. Love that commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmx4twCK3_I

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Lets be thankful we get to watch 145 Reds games this year on TV. I sure am.
    Why? Most teams have more games on TV. It's 2013. If most clubs have all games televised, why can't we?

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    STO, for example, is awful compared - their audio is weak, crowd noise is minimal, commentary is boring, and graphics are a huge problem (scoreboard disappears in any view that IS NOT the standard pitcher/catcher/batter view).
    False. Since FOX purchased SportsTime Ohio in the off-season, they now use FOX graphics and the scorebug remains on the screen during all live shots.

It's making me long for the days of the ClubRak and FamersOnly.com.
    City folk just don't get it.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

12. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (04-23-2013),Chip R (04-23-2013)

By and large, I think they do a good job.

I think they do sometimes go to sleep in the control room and forget about replays and the strike tracker. Like in last nights game, Lecure had several very close pitches and the broadcast just sailed on. But that's a minor nit.

I don't like the constant tracker bar. HD is glorious and then they ruin it with that thing.I find it distracting. I don't know if its the colors or what because ESPN's doesn't affect me the same way.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Oh, and the Muenchen Furniture Express ad creeps me out big time. Pete and his g/f make me go ewwwww.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

15. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (04-23-2013),TeamBoone (04-24-2013),westofyou (04-23-2013)

To me, Thom is just too much of a downer. I appreciate an announcer of being critical when it calls for, but much of the time he seems to come across as thinking playing the game is just that simple.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

17. Likes:

mdccclxix (04-23-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Oh, and the Muenchen Furniture Express ad creeps me out big time. Pete and his g/f make me go ewwwww.
    Forgot about that. Pete's floozy wife bending over a bedding set while Pete awkwardly reads cue cards may actually be worse than ANGRYBIRDSPACE.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I just wish Thom would stop talking about the Cubs so much. I know he used to work there back in the 90s but it's incessant. I know this is illogical but I worry that the more he talks about the Cubs sucking at one thing or another, they will do something good. Good or bad he's always talking about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    By and large, I think they do a good job.

I think they do sometimes go to sleep in the control room and forget about replays and the strike tracker. Like in last nights game, Lecure had several very close pitches and the broadcast just sailed on. But that's a minor nit.

I don't like the constant tracker bar. HD is glorious and then they ruin it with that thing.I find it distracting. I don't know if its the colors or what because ESPN's doesn't affect me the same way.
    They showed those close pitches because I complimented the ump on nailing the pitches. They were back door fastballs that backed up too late, were just off the plate, and the ump nailed the calls perfectly. The one that was in the zone he called a strike.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    To me, Thom is just too much of a downer. I appreciate an announcer of being critical when it calls for, but much of the time he seems to come across as thinking playing the game is just that simple.
    Yea, Thom is the weakest link on TV. When the Reds make a mistake or things are going bad, he's very annoying.

That said, since we are stuck with his contract, he needs to be on TV. When Marty and Thom are together on radio, it's absolutely horrible, as they feed off each other's bad attitude.

Chris Welsh is an awesome broadcaster. I respect stats, but I'm not hardcore about them as some people are. I think Welsh does a great job at introducing stats in small bites so people can understand and not get overwhelmed/bored. Kelch is fine.

IMO, the TV broadcast is much better than the radio broadcast.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

22. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-23-2013)

I am thrilled to be able to watch so many games, especially being an out-of-towner, but man, does Thom make it painful sometimes. Just an abrasive on-air personality, in my opinion, with his RISP and bunt diatribes, etc. I think Chris does a good job though and brings a much-needed even keel to the broadcast.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?