Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Criticisms of Fox Sports Ohio Broadcasts

Re: Criticisms of Fox Sports Ohio Broadcasts

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I love the Cowboy.

Can we do something about the ANGRYBIRDSPACE ad? It's making me long for the days of the ClubRak and FamersOnly.com.
    Man, the Cowboy would be first on my pink slip list... He wears me out!

2. Likes:

mth123 (04-24-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I don't watch as much as the last 3 years, but I am always dumbfounded by the response to the announcers. It goes for all sports. I could almost never care less about what the announcers are like, UNLESS it WAS the visiting team's announcers that shade their favor against my team. Thom is Thom. Welch is Welch. Get used to it already. I also find it amusing that people call them stupid and what not. See what happens when someone sticks a mike in your face and asks you to fill 3 hours of baseball. Your weaknesses will instantly become clear to hundreds of thousands. I just like that they're all locally tied, all real Reds fans, and all decently knowledgeable about the game. And I dare to say the grass is always greener when it comes to other teams announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    Man, the Cowboy would be first on my pink slip list... He wears me out!
    The reds blatent attempt to shoehorn him in the massive hole that Joe left is a fail IMO

Thom just sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    I can't believe I read that "Brantley is great"... I'm really confused now

I don't get the TV broadcasts, but The Cowboy is my favorite radio announcer. "Right....Down....Broadway."

I also like Marty a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The reds blatent attempt to shoehorn him in the massive hole that Joe left is a fail IMO

Thom just sucks
    How blatant is it? I don't get that. Sounds like anyone would fail. It's been years and people have moved on. Of course, I can recall too that people would cry and moan about the incompetent old man, lost or sleeping, Joe Nuxall. Get over it people. These announcers take an absolute beating.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Chris Welsh is my favorite to be honest. Doesn't take himself too seriously, has tons of info and isn't a downer.

I like Thom most of the time but he is a downer when one thing goes wrong.

9. Likes:

Billy Hamilton's Legs (05-08-2013),Redlegs (04-23-2013),wlf WV (04-27-2013)

I gotta say I'm with mdc. Unless it's McCarver, I can't really that I hear much of what the broadcasters are saying on TV unless I like what I hear. Radio a little more for obvious reasons. Other than their voices, I honestly don't know who's who. I was watching the Cubs feed last night and thought those dudes were pretty good. Funny too.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    How blatant is it? I don't get that. Sounds like anyone would fail. It's been years and people have moved on. Of course, I can recall too that people would cry and moan about the incompetent old man, lost or sleeping, Joe Nuxall. Get over it people. These announcers take an absolute beating.
    The country boy schtick is over bearing and his pbp is horrendus

Id get over it if it wad avoidable, neither he or Thom are avoidable and so many do listen to other announcers.... where else does one learn that they are eating crap at home if they never try any of the other joints in town?

12. Likes:

Nasty_Boy (04-23-2013),RadfordVA (04-23-2013),wlf WV (04-27-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Criticisms of FSO Broadcasters.....they're not Bob Costas. 'Nuff said.

14. Likes:

Captain13 (04-23-2013),Revering4Blue (04-25-2013)

My biggest complaint is the CF camera is always too far around towards LF. When FSO was experiencing technical problems in the StL series, I switched to their broadcast and the camera was almost in dead CF. Much easier to decipher balls/strikes that way.

About the announcers: as long as Grande and/or Casey aren't on, I'm happy.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    About the announcers: as long as Grande and/or Casey aren't on, I'm happy.
    Casey CRUSHES him some skyline.

18. Likes:

Always Red (04-23-2013)

The broadcasts are just bland to me. Which isn't bad just not as fun as teams like the Mets and Giants broadcasts. They certainly do not immerse you in the experience as well as those teams with crowd shots and such. Probably in the mid range of the local TV guys. Could be alot worse. I like Welsh and I am indifferent to Thom.

Count me as part of the group that can not listen to Brantley and would prefer never to hear Grande and Casey do a game again.

Quote Originally Posted by jhc2010 View Post
    False. Since FOX purchased SportsTime Ohio in the off-season, they now use FOX graphics and the scorebug remains on the screen during all live shots.
    Yeah I figured, was just pointing out the STO broadcast since it competed with the Reds for the past 8 years.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Thom just sucks
    That's a little harsh and uncalled for, IMO.

Thom is probably my favorite announcer, Chris Welsch being second. The pair of them is awesome. I like my announcer to be a bit of a homer and rooting for the Reds, which you can tell that Thom clearly does. It's like watching the game with another Reds fan. His voice is also the most prolific and clear.

You don't get the same feel of watching the broadcast with a Reds fan if Kelsch is announcing.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Turn Off Ads?