Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Criticisms of Fox Sports Ohio Broadcasts

Criticisms of Fox Sports Ohio Broadcasts

Fox Sports Ohio's broadcasts of Reds baseball lack the quality that most MLB broadcasts have. After watching games by broadcast crews from all over the league on MLB Network, the Reds broadcasts are just about the worst.

Thom Brennaman has been cut off going into commercial at least three times tonight. How does that happen?

They rarely show the FoxTrax on close pitches. Most clubs show a replay with the PitchTrax rather than a player getting the dirt out of his shoe between pitches.

And they rarely, if ever, show a close-up of fans in the ballpark. Watching Cubs games, they show close-ups of fans at least twice every inning.

Do you think the Reds broadcasts are lacking quality?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Criticisms of Fox Sports Ohio Broadcasts

The Cubs camera man is always a pervert.

I am not kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I could go without hearing Thom ever again. Brantley isn't my favorite. The rest of the guys that do TV are fine by me.

5. Likes:

mbgrayson (04-23-2013),MikeThierry (04-23-2013),PickOff (04-24-2013),redsfanmia (04-23-2013),remdog (04-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The Cubs camera man is always a pervert.

I am not kidding.
    It's been that way at least since Harry Caray's days. I can remember the WGN superstation days when Harry wouldn't miss making a comment about attractive young ladies in the stands.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Don't really care about foxtrax or close-ups. The new ticker (I think it's new?) is bugging me to no end though. Am I the only one that hates watching this flickering bar of text for three hours a night?

8. Likes:

919191 (04-23-2013),Always Red (04-23-2013),AtomicDumpling (04-23-2013),Caveman Techie (04-23-2013),durl (04-24-2013),Falcon7 (05-03-2013),Red Soup (04-23-2013),Roy Tucker (04-23-2013),Sea Ray (04-23-2013),TeamBoone (04-22-2013),WildcatFan (04-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Don't really care about foxtrax or close-ups. The new ticker (I think it's new?) is bugging me to no end though. Am I the only one that hates watching this flickering bar of text for three hours a night?
    But how will we keep abreast on the latest news from MLS?

10. Likes:

bigfunguy (04-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    But how will we keep abreast on the latest news from MLS?
    Some of us like the MLS. At least they're playing games right now. Better than seeing ESPN updating us on Mel Kiper's latest mock draft.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

12. Likes:

BurgervilleBuck (04-23-2013),PedroBourbon (04-25-2013),westofyou (04-23-2013)

I'm just glad they added pitch count.

14. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (04-23-2013),bigfunguy (04-24-2013),cumberlandreds (04-23-2013)

Say what you want about the Cubs, but I'll take their TV announcers any day. I really enjoy Len Kasper in particular.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

16. Likes:

Homer Bailey (04-24-2013)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Pop in a tape from 1990. You'll never complain about a broadcast again.

If it's in HD, I'm a happy camper.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

18. Likes:

mole44 (04-23-2013),Norm Chortleton (04-23-2013),Sabo17 (04-23-2013)

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhc2010 View Post
    And they rarely, if ever, show a close-up of fans in the ballpark. Watching Cubs games, they show close-ups of fans at least twice every inning.
    Not to be contrary, but how is this a bad thing? Not only do I not give a poop about the Cubs as a broadcasting bar-setter, but Fox national broadcasts do so many rapid-cutting fan close-ups (sometimes of Fox Network "stars," if it's the playoffs) that it has rendered that tactic dispicable. It's pointless in a vacuum. It's enfuriating in a high leverage situation.

Show me a decent quality set of angles of the actual baseball game, and I'm happy. Not just content, but happy. I don't give a crap about HD. Now that pretty much every game is a "second screen experience" with MLB At-Bat, I don't care about which graphics are embedded (as long as the score is there). For the same reason, I can take or leave a ticker. Plus, I still eschew the TV and listen to a goodly number of games on radio, anyway.

Complaints about FSN production values are, to be charitable, a #firstworldproblem.

Rick

I love the FSN broadcasts.

It may just be because I'm so used to them, but there's just something about Welsh and Thom that's comforting.

21. Likes:

bigfunguy (04-24-2013),Billy Hamilton's Legs (05-08-2013),Blimpie (04-24-2013),jimbo (04-23-2013),LaFlamaBlanca (04-23-2013),redsrolen (04-26-2013),TeamBoone (04-22-2013),The Operator (04-23-2013),WVPacman (04-24-2013)

So not only is the stadium atmosphere terrible, but so is the television broadcasts?

I'm going to start following games by word of raven. That should make it fun.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

23. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (04-23-2013),mdccclxix (04-23-2013),OGB (04-25-2013),The Operator (04-23-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    I'm going to start following games by word of raven. That should make it fun.
    Do they not get FSN in King's Landing?
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

25. Likes:

Raisor (04-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Absolutely love this. Outside of the pitch count, this is my favorite thing FSO has done. It's nice to follow other MLB games while watching the Reds, as well as any other sports going on at the moment.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Turn Off Ads?