RANDY IN INDY (04-25-2013)
I almost bought a Nehru jacket once. Instead, I bought a fringed leather vest.
Reds Fan Since 1971
Is there a reason why Marty Brennaman just doesn't do TV?
Cleaned out the basement last weekend and found my hippie army jacket. Upsidedown US flag on the back and a peace sign patch and one that said "bombing for peace is like ____ for virginity".
My wife was appalled.
Here is how I rank the Red broadcasters:
1. Marty Brennaman-Simply the best announcer in baseball. ATOBTTR is legendary and gives me goosebumps every time.
2. Chris Welsh- Great technical guy and it is oh so funny when he puts Thom in his place
3. Jeff Brantley-Though he sometimes forgets to tell me the score, he is definitely the most colorful personality they have. You can tell he is just loving life.
4. Jim Kelch-Nothing bad at all about Kelch, just nothing great either. He is the perfect utility man.
20. Thom Brennaman-Uuuugh! He is fun when the Reds win, but man what a drag all of the other times.
"Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton
The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.
Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company