Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Criticisms of Fox Sports Ohio Broadcasts

Schnickelfritz

Re: Criticisms of Fox Sports Ohio Broadcasts

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I have both LPs of Waite Hoyt's stories. Good stuff. WVXU did a good piece on him last year. But I'd love to hear some complete games.

http://wvxu.org/post/cincinnati-reds...ter-waite-hoyt

2. Turn Off Ads?

The cut-off commercials make me nuts too. It started last year. I can't believe that the advertisers who pay for those spots haven't insisted they fix the problem.

I like the ticker, but I wish it wasn't constant. I find it distracting.

And I like our announcers (my least favorite, however, is Kelch). When I listen to others, they pale in comparison. So stinking boring!

With the delay, I can no longer listen to the radio and watch the game... though, anymore, I prefer not to do that anyway. Marty drives me crazy (and I know I'll be hated for that statement). I don't particularly like Jeff's voice, but he knows his stuff.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Why does Marty need innings off??
    The majority of radio crews alternate innings in some form or another.

Check this post out for the complete list. The innings the announcers work are in parenthesis.

http://www.the506.com/smf/index.php?...6517#msg496517

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    I love the FSN broadcasts.

It may just be because I'm so used to them, but there's just something about Welsh and Thom that's comforting.
    I feel the same. These are our boys. They are all true reds fans, they all live locally. I spend hundreds of hours a year with theses guys...I'll take them!
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

6. Likes:

TeamBoone (04-24-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

My only complaints are Jim Kelch and the constant errors and typos on the ticker. But that's not just an FSO thing (at least the ticker, lol), that's all FSNs.

Oh great another lets bash the Brennaman's thread.. Im really starting to realize that some of you on here has NEVER and will never appreciate what the Brennaman's expecially Marty and what he means to the Cincinnati reds.

Whether you like it or want to admit it Marty is and will always be THE BEST Reds announcer to ever do the reds and that's a fact.I love the fact that the Brennaman's tell it like it is and don't sugarcoat nothing rather than always say great things about a player when he is stinking up the joint.

If you don't like Marty then you don't like the reds.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Oh great another lets bash the Brennaman's thread.. Im really starting to realize that some of you on here has NEVER and will never appreciate what the Brennaman's expecially Marty and what he means to the Cincinnati reds.

Whether you like it or want to admit it Marty is and will always be THE BEST Reds announcer to ever do the reds and that's a fact.I love the fact that the Brennaman's tell it like it is and don't sugarcoat nothing rather than always say great things about a player when he is stinking up the joint.

Most if the talk here is really about the TV crew

As for not liking Marty means you don't like the Reds.... to paraphrase Marty, the Reds were here before Marty (98 years) and they'll be here after he and Thom are gone

10. Likes:

nate (04-25-2013),Tom Servo (04-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    To me, Thom is just too much of a downer. I appreciate an announcer of being critical when it calls for, but much of the time he seems to come across as thinking playing the game is just that simple.
    He undoutedly got that from his father.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

12. Likes:

wlf WV (04-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Most if the talk here is really about the TV crew

As for not liking Marty means you don't like the Reds.... to paraphrase Marty, the Reds were here before Marty (98 years) and they'll be here after he and Thom are gone
    When I was born Marty was here and to me Marty is reds baseball.Its a free country and if some people don't like marty then its their opinion.I just can't see how some would dislike a guy so much that's been with the reds all of their lifes.Ok sorry to get off subject back to your discussion.
    Last edited by WVPacman; 04-24-2013 at 01:04 AM.

That "fact" is YOUR opinion, not mine.

And Chris Welsh often criticizes, when it's deserved.

I don't like Marty but I'm an avid Reds fan. That's just a childish statement.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    That "fact" is YOUR opinion, not mine.

And Chris Welsh often criticizes, when it's deserved.

I don't like Marty but I'm an avid Reds fan. That's just a childish statement.
    That fact is my opinion and that's exactly why it isn't a childish statement.

Stat geek...and proud
    the Brennaman's tell it like it is and don't sugarcoat nothing
    I like Marty, but hold the phone here.

Marty, talking to Mark Sheldon last week: "Joey Votto isn't paid to walk."

Joey: "I'm paid to be good. There's different ways to be good."

That's not telling it like it is. That's giving an opinion that many consider shortsighted.

17. Likes:

wlf WV (04-27-2013)

Schnickelfritz

That fact is my opinion...

19. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (04-24-2013),Blimpie (04-24-2013),FlightRick (04-24-2013)

I agree with Marty. Votto is not paid to walk. And I'm not critical of Votto. If they don't pitch to you then they don't pitch to you.

21. Likes:

coachpipe (04-24-2013)

I'm a lifelong Reds fans (49 years) who can't stand Marty. I stopped listening to the radio broadcasts when Joe passed away. I use to love Marty back before he became completely full of himself. That changed a long time ago though. And, unfortunately, Thom is seemingly taking the same path as his old man. If you honestly believe you have to like Marty to like the Reds, well, that's silly. I'm also a lifelong UK fan who hated Ralph Hacker, so you can hold that against me too.

23. Likes:

REDREAD (04-24-2013),wlf WV (04-27-2013)

Turn Off Ads?