Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones epicness

Re: Game of Thrones epicness

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    Its still hard to believe that Jon Snow is supposed to be 14 years old...

But has anyone been following the Gay of Thrones on funny or die? Now that is some funny stuff
    Link?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Link?
    http://www.funnyordie.com/topic/gay-of-thrones

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Well, they finally addressed the guest right concept in the season finale. IMHO, not a bad way to handle it, especially considering the concerns about spoiling the Red Weddings events.

Other observations about the finale:

-Is anyone else tired of the Theon torture scenes? Was it necessary to go through those in such excruciating detail?
    -Same with any scene involving Stannis. They've become almost painful to watch. I know Stannis is probably played to a tee (dull, unemotional), but his scenes just bore the hell out of me.
    -I feel more than a little wrong that I find myself loving Tywin Lannister at times. The way he handled Joffrey in last night's episode was awesome. The dude is absolutely ruthless, but I find myself admiring just how damn good he's been at ruthlessness. We'll see where that goes. If there's anything I've learned about GoT, it's that a good run never lasts too long. You're up Tywin.
    -I'm running out of Starks to root for, but the few that are left are pretty badass. Arya is turning into a smooth assassin; Jon Snow takes three arrows with barely a flinch; Bran continues north; and, I'm even starting to admire Sansa's resilience. (side note: Joffrey is the King SOB of SOBs).
    -Daenerys seems like one of the few well intentioned characters in this whole mess, but I still can't seem to rally behind her. I'm just not sure what it is.
    So I'm like half a season behind on the show, but have read thru book 3 (plus half of 4) and that is the description of the season 3 finale? Seems like either you didn't mention some key points, or they've moved a couple of significant developments from season 3 to season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    So I'm like half a season behind on the show, but have read thru book 3 (plus half of 4) and that is the description of the season 3 finale? Seems like either you didn't mention some key points, or they've moved a couple of significant developments from season 3 to season 4.
    Kind of hard to know what you're talking about. You can always read an episode recap. I don't think I missed anything huge from the finale. Then again, I wasn't really trying to be comprehensive.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

well I didn't want to give anything away, if you were comprehensive, then I assume you didn't read the books?

well I didn't want to give anything away, if you were comprehensive, then I assume you didn't read the books?
    I mentioned it above, but I'm reading through them now. I'm only close to the end of the second book.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    Its still hard to believe that Jon Snow is supposed to be 14 years old...
    Danny's a wee bit older than in the books as well. She'd better be, or someone's in serious trouble.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Danny's a wee bit older than in the books as well. She'd better be, or someone's in serious trouble.
    Yeah, I think in the book she was something like 12 when they married her off to the Khal... Sansa was only something like 11 or 12 also.

He's got it right.

Season 3 of GOT did not cover all of the material in ASOS. They gave up on doing a season per book. Season 3 encompassed about 2/3 of ASOS and season 4 will likely finish ASOS and start digging into content from both AFFC and ADWD. We'll see what happens in season 5, but my guess is it will cover the rest of those two books and might even dip into the as yet unpublished book for new material on Dany's stalled-out Essos plotline. Surely they won't have her sit in Meereen for two entire seasons.

You don't want theon dead, trust me.

I want a dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I want a dragon
    That's what everybody thinks, but once you get one, they're a nightmare to take care of. First, they are ridiculously hard to clean up after, particularly if you keep them in your garage (what they do to your car's paint job alone is ridiculous, not to mention the tires) and then there are all of the neighbors' petty lawsuits over missing dogs, cats, sheep, children, and spouses.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 06-12-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

15. Likes:

coachpipe (06-13-2013)

I wouldn't keep them in a garage, I believe dragons do better free range. I'd dare anyone to try to sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I wouldn't keep them in a garage, I believe dragons do better free range. I'd dare anyone to try to sue me.
    You're already ahead of the Targaryens of old.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Turn Off Ads?