Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 87

Thread: Game of Thrones epicness

  1. #46
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Edit: ***do not watch this video if you haven't seen the latest episode, or if you've been living under a rock.

    Last edited by wolfboy; 06-06-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    The rest is drama. marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    In the woods, with a shovel
    Posts
    5,183

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Spoiler:



































    At least one of those people is just mostly dead.

  4. Likes:

    wolfboy (06-06-2013)

  5. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Edit: ***do not watch this video if you haven't seen the latest episode, or if you've been living under a rock.

    What movie are those clips from? Man, now when I get off im going to go watch the wonder years with a little wacky tobacky

  6. #49
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    What movie are those clips from? Man, now when I get off im going to go watch the wonder years with a little wacky tobacky
    Are you serious man?!? That's Princess Bride!
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  7. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Are you serious man?!? That's Princess Bride!
    It came out the year I was born...The only time I have seen the movie was on a bus ride in high school to New York to sing in Carnegie Hall. So my mind was elsewhere

  8. #51
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    It came out the year I was born...The only time I have seen the movie was on a bus ride in high school to New York to sing in Carnegie Hall. So my mind was elsewhere
    That's no excuse. Star Wars came out the year I was born.

    Go see Princess Bride. You owe it to yourself.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  9. #52
    Member foxfire123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hell, aka Eastern Missouri.
    Posts
    712

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    That's no excuse. Star Wars came out the year I was born.

    Go see Princess Bride. You owe it to yourself.
    I do believe it's on TV a *few* times the next few weeks.

    VH1C 337 Thu, Jun 6, 7:00 PM The Princess Bride
    VH1C 337 Fri, Jun 7, 3:00 PM The Princess Bride
    TVGN 273 Fri, Jun 7, 7:00 PM The Princess Bride
    OVTV 274 Sun, Jun 9, 7:00 PM The Princess Bride
    OVTV 274 Sun, Jun 9, 10:30 PM The Princess Bride
    REELZ 238 Mon, Jun 10, 4:30 PM The Princess Bride
    AXSTV 340 HDTV Thu, Jun 13, 7:00 PM The Princess Bride
    AXSTV 340 HDTV Thu, Jun 13, 10:30 PM The Princess Bride
    TVGN 273 Sat, Jun 15, 5:00 PM The Princess Bride
    VH1C 337 Sat, Jun 15, 7:30 PM The Princess Bride
    VH1C 337 Sun, Jun 16, 4:00 PM The Princess Bride
    REELZ 238 Mon, Jun 17, 9:30 PM The Princess Bride
    VH1C 337 Wed, Jun 19, 7:00 PM The Princess Bride

  10. Likes:

    pahster (06-06-2013), wolfboy (06-06-2013)

  11. #53
    Member 11larkin11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bellefontaine,OH
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Warning: I've been purposefully vague so to not spoil future seasons. But if you want to be REALLY careful, you may not want to read it.

    First: I'm glad they didn't go into detail with guest right. It would have made it a bit too obvious, especially after the Mutiny at Craster's.

    Second: For those saying let's really hope they don't veer too far from the books. I agree to a certain extent. But come on, AFFC and ADWD aren't exactly great books swarming with great moments, although there are a few. This is where I think D&D will earn their money. Making interesting storylines from the great characters who doze off after ASOS.

    And lastly, on that note, I REALLY don't hope they water down Dorne or the Iron Islands too much. Those are some of my favorite parts of AFFC and ADWD. They can condense a lot of the adventures of people travelling through Westeros from AFFC (one woman in particular who's journey so far has been fun, but once she's off on her own, puts me to sleep every chapter in AFFC) and people travelling on ships in ADWD.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

    ---TRF

    "I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

    --Bronson Arroyo

  12. #54
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Warning: I've been purposefully vague so to not spoil future seasons. But if you want to be REALLY careful, you may not want to read it.

    First: I'm glad they didn't go into detail with guest right. It would have made it a bit too obvious, especially after the Mutiny at Craster's.

    Second: For those saying let's really hope they don't veer too far from the books. I agree to a certain extent. But come on, AFFC and ADWD aren't exactly great books swarming with great moments, although there are a few. This is where I think D&D will earn their money. Making interesting storylines from the great characters who doze off after ASOS.

    And lastly, on that note, I REALLY don't hope they water down Dorne or the Iron Islands too much. Those are some of my favorite parts of AFFC and ADWD. They can condense a lot of the adventures of people travelling through Westeros from AFFC (one woman in particular who's journey so far has been fun, but once she's off on her own, puts me to sleep every chapter in AFFC) and people travelling on ships in ADWD.
    Well, they finally addressed the guest right concept in the season finale. IMHO, not a bad way to handle it, especially considering the concerns about spoiling the Red Weddings events.

    Other observations about the finale:

    -Is anyone else tired of the Theon torture scenes? Was it necessary to go through those in such excruciating detail?
    -Same with any scene involving Stannis. They've become almost painful to watch. I know Stannis is probably played to a tee (dull, unemotional), but his scenes just bore the hell out of me.
    -I feel more than a little wrong that I find myself loving Tywin Lannister at times. The way he handled Joffrey in last night's episode was awesome. The dude is absolutely ruthless, but I find myself admiring just how damn good he's been at ruthlessness. We'll see where that goes. If there's anything I've learned about GoT, it's that a good run never lasts too long. You're up Tywin.
    -I'm running out of Starks to root for, but the few that are left are pretty badass. Arya is turning into a smooth assassin; Jon Snow takes three arrows with barely a flinch; Bran continues north; and, I'm even starting to admire Sansa's resilience. (side note: Joffrey is the King SOB of SOBs).
    -Daenerys seems like one of the few well intentioned characters in this whole mess, but I still can't seem to rally behind her. I'm just not sure what it is.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  13. #55
    Member foxfire123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hell, aka Eastern Missouri.
    Posts
    712

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Well, they finally addressed the guest right concept in the season finale. IMHO, not a bad way to handle it, especially considering the concerns about spoiling the Red Weddings events.

    Other observations about the finale:

    -Is anyone else tired of the Theon torture scenes? Was it necessary to go through those in such excruciating detail?
    -Same with any scene involving Stannis. They've become almost painful to watch. I know Stannis is probably played to a tee (dull, unemotional), but his scenes just bore the hell out of me.
    -I feel more than a little wrong that I find myself loving Tywin Lannister at times. The way he handled Joffrey in last night's episode was awesome. The dude is absolutely ruthless, but I find myself admiring just how damn good he's been at ruthlessness. We'll see where that goes. If there's anything I've learned about GoT, it's that a good run never lasts too long. You're up Tywin.
    -I'm running out of Starks to root for, but the few that are left are pretty badass. Arya is turning into a smooth assassin; Jon Snow takes three arrows with barely a flinch; Bran continues north; and, I'm even starting to admire Sansa's resilience. (side note: Joffrey is the King SOB of SOBs).
    -Daenerys seems like one of the few well intentioned characters in this whole mess, but I still can't seem to rally behind her. I'm just not sure what it is.
    Just bump Theon off and be done with it, the torture just seems more like a cat playing with a mouse rather than anything with purpose.

    Not a fan of Stannis or the Red Witch, but *loving" Davos! He's finding his voice.

    Have you read the books? I won't say anything about Tywin. Except agree on the Joffrey handling! Sending little temper tantrum baby off to beddie bye? Yes!

    I've said from season 1 and before I read the books, Arya is the one to watch out for. And there's more to Jon Snow than we're allowed to know yet, I just "feel" it. He's more than just a bastard son.... I'm starting to question if he's even Ned's.....

    Daenerys. Not sure how I feel about her yet. There's been a lot of her in the books, but other than wanting Westeros back, we dont really know a lot about her motivation.

    I liked the interplay between Sansa and Tyrion better in the series than in the books. Sansa is acting less like a pouting child in the series than she does in the books--I mean, she could do far, far worse than Tyrion, should she ever decide to look past the dwarfism. At least he won't beat her to death like Joffrey would.

  14. #56
    A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,468

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Second: For those saying let's really hope they don't veer too far from the books.
    They need to cut out significant parts of books four and five. Like huge chunks.

    They are going to catch up to Martin, I hope it all works out, but part of me is convinced we will see the end the show before the end of the books.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

  15. #57
    Member 11larkin11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bellefontaine,OH
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    They need to cut out significant parts of books four and five. Like huge chunks.

    They are going to catch up to Martin, I hope it all works out, but part of me is convinced we will see the end the show before the end of the books.
    Entertainment Weekly had an interview up last night where George stated they have plans in place for that, but he really doesn't think it'll happen. I don't see a way they DON'T catch up, unless the writing for Book6/planning for Book 7 is going a lot faster than he planned on. A few months ago he said it was a good possibility they catch up, now he doesn't think so. That gets me very excited. People say he shouldn't rush it, but ASOS is obviously the best book in the series, and possibly the best book I've ever read, and that was published 1.5 years after ACOK. It's now been 2 years already since ADWD, and since he doesn't have a Meereenese Knot to handle, I'm hopeful we get an announcement by the end of the year.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

    ---TRF

    "I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

    --Bronson Arroyo

  16. #58
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Just bump Theon off and be done with it, the torture just seems more like a cat playing with a mouse rather than anything with purpose.

    Not a fan of Stannis or the Red Witch, but *loving" Davos! He's finding his voice.

    Have you read the books? I won't say anything about Tywin. Except agree on the Joffrey handling! Sending little temper tantrum baby off to beddie bye? Yes!

    I've said from season 1 and before I read the books, Arya is the one to watch out for. And there's more to Jon Snow than we're allowed to know yet, I just "feel" it. He's more than just a bastard son.... I'm starting to question if he's even Ned's.....

    Daenerys. Not sure how I feel about her yet. There's been a lot of her in the books, but other than wanting Westeros back, we dont really know a lot about her motivation.

    I liked the interplay between Sansa and Tyrion better in the series than in the books. Sansa is acting less like a pouting child in the series than she does in the books--I mean, she could do far, far worse than Tyrion, should she ever decide to look past the dwarfism. At least he won't beat her to death like Joffrey would.
    I'm reading the books now, but I'm only near the end of the second book.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  17. #59
    Member foxfire123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hell, aka Eastern Missouri.
    Posts
    712

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Entertainment Weekly had an interview up last night where George
    Isn't that the same interview where they said the series may NOT end with book 7, or am I thinking of another interview with him?

    I have book 5 on the way, found an international print paperback version of it on Amazon.

  18. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: Game of Thrones epicness

    Its still hard to believe that Jon Snow is supposed to be 14 years old...

    But has anyone been following the Gay of Thrones on funny or die? Now that is some funny stuff


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25