Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Best Homer Bailey quote ever?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Best Homer Bailey quote ever?

So, C. Trent had this from the game last night:

If the Cubs had decided to walk the bases loaded instead of face Cesar Izturis or Devin Mesoraco in the 13th inning, it would have been Homer Bailey batting in the 9th spot for reliever Alfredo Simon.

Reds manager Dusty Baker said he didn’t want to burn his backup catcher, so he had ordered Bailey to put on his spikes. Bailey was in the hole, with a helmet on his head and bat in his hands when Izturis singled home Jay Bruce with the winning run in the bottom of the 13th inning.

“Who do you want to face? Izzy or some guy hitting .400?” said Bailey, who is 2 for 5 this season. “What do you think they had the meeting on the mound for?”

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-23-2013),Always Red (04-23-2013),Bumstead (04-23-2013),camisadelgolf (04-24-2013),Homer Bailey (04-23-2013),LaFlamaBlanca (04-23-2013),OnBaseMachine (04-24-2013),pahster (04-23-2013),remdog (04-23-2013),RiverRat13 (04-23-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (04-23-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Best Homer Bailey quote ever?

Good to see Homer has a sense of humor. Good stuff.

Homer always has good quotes. He doesn't use all the cliches most players do, he just says what he wants to say. He reminds me of Arroyo, who also likes to speak his mind.

His last start, Picoro asked him after the game something like "You didn't make it very deep in the game, but you were effective. Are you happy with a start like this?"

Bailey replied "No, not really"

6. Likes:

camisadelgolf (04-24-2013)

Love it.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

8. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (04-24-2013)

My favorite Homer quote will be "Yes, I'm happy I signed a 5 yr deal to stay in Cincy"
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

10. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (04-24-2013),redsfanmia (04-23-2013),The Operator (04-24-2013)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So, C. Trent had this from the game last night:

If the Cubs had decided to walk the bases loaded instead of face Cesar Izturis or Devin Mesoraco in the 13th inning, it would have been Homer Bailey batting in the 9th spot for reliever Alfredo Simon.

Reds manager Dusty Baker said he didn’t want to burn his backup catcher, so he had ordered Bailey to put on his spikes. Bailey was in the hole, with a helmet on his head and bat in his hands when Izturis singled home Jay Bruce with the winning run in the bottom of the 13th inning.

“Who do you want to face? Izzy or some guy hitting .400?” said Bailey, who is 2 for 5 this season. “What do you think they had the meeting on the mound for?”

When I read this I about laughed my tea out my nose...LOL

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    My favorite Homer quote will be "Yes, I'm happy I signed a 7 yr deal to stay in Cincy"
    What if this is as good as it gets?

13. Likes:

VR (04-23-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    My favorite Homer quote will be "Yes, I'm happy I signed a 7 yr deal to stay in Cincy. I love how they've remodeled the stadium. Its' so much more fair now that the fences are moved back and a little leaguer can't poke one out of here."
    I fixed your fix. :O)

15. Likes:

Captain13 (04-23-2013),RedEye (04-23-2013),VR (04-23-2013)

I always liked this article, about Homer shooting a lion. And it has this portion, which isn't really a quote, but a great response to a question about his added weight:

For the second straight year Bailey showed up at camp with added weight, all of it in the right places and all of it added the right way.

His first year with the Reds he was at about 195 but now packs 230 pounds on his 6-foot-4 body. He still looks slim and trim and when asked where the extra weight is, he smiled and said, “It’s all in my heart.”
    I do believe we've got a wit on our hands, ladies and gents. Even when he uses clichés like this one, he uses them as they should be used -- with pith.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

17. Likes:

OGB (04-23-2013),texasdave (04-23-2013)

Someone posted it in last night's game thread also. Hilarious.

"You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me. Set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen."

- Homer Bailey
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

20. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (04-23-2013)

I thought when I opened this that you just really liked one of my posts, Doug. Haven't been this disappointed in a while.

22. Likes:

dougdirt (04-23-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I thought when I opened this that you just really liked one of my posts, Doug. Haven't been this disappointed in a while.
    I liked this one.

Turn Off Ads?