Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

Here's todays lineups for the 12:35 game.

Cubs

1. David DeJesus (L) CF
    2. Julio Borbon (L) LF
    3. Starlin Castro (R) SS
    4. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B
    5. Nate Schierholtz (L) RF
    6. Dioner Navarro (S) C
    7. Luis Valbuena (L) 2B
    8. Cody Ransom (R) 3B
    9. Jeff Samardzija (R) P

Reds

1. Shin-Soo Choo (L) CF
    2. Zack Cozart (R) SS
    3. Joey Votto (L) 1B
    4. Brandon Phillips (R) 2B
    5. Jay Bruce (L) RF
    6. Todd Frazier (R) 3B
    7. Xavier Paul (L) LF
    8. Devin Mesoraco (R) C
    9. Mat Latos (R) P
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

Would it be to the Reds advantage to call this a rainout now? They have control over the game being played until the game starts then it's in the hands of the umpires. Even if it clears up, the Reds would have to face the Cubs ace, the Reds haven't scored much and even if the game is played, there's not going to be a lot of people there. If they did call it they could schedule it as a day/night doubleheader on May 25. That's Memorial Day weekend and there should be huge crowds for those games. Calling the game now would also give the bullpen - and everybody else - a rest and get the team on their way to D.C. sooner. Otherwise they might have to wait into the late evening/early morning to get to D.C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Would it be to the Reds advantage to call this a rainout now? They have control over the game being played until the game starts then it's in the hands of the umpires. Even if it clears up, the Reds would have to face the Cubs ace, the Reds haven't scored much and even if the game is played, there's not going to be a lot of people there. If they did call it they could schedule it as a day/night doubleheader on May 25. That's Memorial Day weekend and there should be huge crowds for those games. Calling the game now would also give the bullpen - and everybody else - a rest and get the team on their way to D.C. sooner. Otherwise they might have to wait into the late evening/early morning to get to D.C.
    Sounds good to me. Who do we call to make this happen?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

I agree Chip. Rain it out and start Latos tomorrow night in DC.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Looking like the rain won't last too much longer. Probably gonna get underway around 1:15.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

So it's raining in Cincy?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

It would be an advantage but it would be bush league if we can get it underway at 1:15.

Just like it would be an advantage to announce a LH starting pitcher, then bring a righty starter out of the pen after the first batter.

9. Likes:

Dom Heffner (04-24-2013)

Some of you may be able to get this game on MLB Network. It is listed as a regional telecast. I think the Cardinals - Nationals is the main game they are showing but it shows that some regions will get the Reds game.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I agree with Kal. That's something the Cardinals would do. Yes it would be an advantage...pass.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I agree with Kal. That's something the Cardinals would do. Yes it would be an advantage...pass.
    I do think it was an interesting question so despite my opposition I don't hold anything against Chip for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I do think it was an interesting question so despite my opposition I don't hold anything against Chip for asking.
    Same here. I hope it didn't come across like I did. It was an out-of-the-box idea. I just don't think it's the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Same here. I hope it didn't come across like I did. It was an out-of-the-box idea. I just don't think it's the right thing to do.
    No I didn't think you did. I was afraid I did.

No offense taken, guys. It would be kind of a [jerk] move - especially if it stops raining but there won't be another off day for a week. I'm also guessing that crowds for a day/night DH on the Saturday of a holiday weekend would be much better than 1 the 10-15K that would show up today. The money they would make from a day/night DH on May 25 against the Cubs would dwarf the rain checks they would give out if the game was called today.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Gotcha.

It doesn't look like there's a Reds broadcast on MLB.tv. I've just got the cubs broadcast. Beggers can't be choosers. Any baseball is better than no baseball.

No offense taken, guys. It would be kind of a [jerk] move - especially if it stops raining but there won't be another off day for a week. I'm also guessing that crowds for a day/night DH on the Saturday of a holiday weekend would be much better than 1 the 10-15K that would show up today. The money they would make from a day/night DH on May 25 against the Cubs would dwarf the rain checks they would give out if the game was called today.
    Yeah, it was the holiday dh idea that I really liked.

Turn Off Ads?