Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 450

Thread: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

  1. #1
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,008

    4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    Here's todays lineups for the 12:35 game.



    Cubs

    1. David DeJesus (L) CF
    2. Julio Borbon (L) LF
    3. Starlin Castro (R) SS
    4. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B
    5. Nate Schierholtz (L) RF
    6. Dioner Navarro (S) C
    7. Luis Valbuena (L) 2B
    8. Cody Ransom (R) 3B
    9. Jeff Samardzija (R) P

    Reds

    1. Shin-Soo Choo (L) CF
    2. Zack Cozart (R) SS
    3. Joey Votto (L) 1B
    4. Brandon Phillips (R) 2B
    5. Jay Bruce (L) RF
    6. Todd Frazier (R) 3B
    7. Xavier Paul (L) LF
    8. Devin Mesoraco (R) C
    9. Mat Latos (R) P
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,336

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    Would it be to the Reds advantage to call this a rainout now? They have control over the game being played until the game starts then it's in the hands of the umpires. Even if it clears up, the Reds would have to face the Cubs ace, the Reds haven't scored much and even if the game is played, there's not going to be a lot of people there. If they did call it they could schedule it as a day/night doubleheader on May 25. That's Memorial Day weekend and there should be huge crowds for those games. Calling the game now would also give the bullpen - and everybody else - a rest and get the team on their way to D.C. sooner. Otherwise they might have to wait into the late evening/early morning to get to D.C.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  4. #3
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,574

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Would it be to the Reds advantage to call this a rainout now? They have control over the game being played until the game starts then it's in the hands of the umpires. Even if it clears up, the Reds would have to face the Cubs ace, the Reds haven't scored much and even if the game is played, there's not going to be a lot of people there. If they did call it they could schedule it as a day/night doubleheader on May 25. That's Memorial Day weekend and there should be huge crowds for those games. Calling the game now would also give the bullpen - and everybody else - a rest and get the team on their way to D.C. sooner. Otherwise they might have to wait into the late evening/early morning to get to D.C.
    Sounds good to me. Who do we call to make this happen?
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  5. #4
    Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wise, Va.
    Posts
    754

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    I agree Chip. Rain it out and start Latos tomorrow night in DC.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

  6. #5
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    Looking like the rain won't last too much longer. Probably gonna get underway around 1:15.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

  7. #6
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,134

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    So it's raining in Cincy?
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  8. #7
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,795

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Would it be to the Reds advantage to call this a rainout now? They have control over the game being played until the game starts then it's in the hands of the umpires. Even if it clears up, the Reds would have to face the Cubs ace, the Reds haven't scored much and even if the game is played, there's not going to be a lot of people there. If they did call it they could schedule it as a day/night doubleheader on May 25. That's Memorial Day weekend and there should be huge crowds for those games. Calling the game now would also give the bullpen - and everybody else - a rest and get the team on their way to D.C. sooner. Otherwise they might have to wait into the late evening/early morning to get to D.C.
    It would be an advantage but it would be bush league if we can get it underway at 1:15.

    Just like it would be an advantage to announce a LH starting pitcher, then bring a righty starter out of the pen after the first batter.

  9. Likes:

    Dom Heffner (04-24-2013)

  10. #8
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,519

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    Some of you may be able to get this game on MLB Network. It is listed as a regional telecast. I think the Cardinals - Nationals is the main game they are showing but it shows that some regions will get the Reds game.

  11. #9
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,134

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    I agree with Kal. That's something the Cardinals would do. Yes it would be an advantage...pass.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  12. #10
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,795

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I agree with Kal. That's something the Cardinals would do. Yes it would be an advantage...pass.
    I do think it was an interesting question so despite my opposition I don't hold anything against Chip for asking.

  13. #11
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,134

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I do think it was an interesting question so despite my opposition I don't hold anything against Chip for asking.
    Same here. I hope it didn't come across like I did. It was an out-of-the-box idea. I just don't think it's the right thing to do.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  14. #12
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,795

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Same here. I hope it didn't come across like I did. It was an out-of-the-box idea. I just don't think it's the right thing to do.
    No I didn't think you did. I was afraid I did.

  15. #13
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,336

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    No offense taken, guys. It would be kind of a [jerk] move - especially if it stops raining but there won't be another off day for a week. I'm also guessing that crowds for a day/night DH on the Saturday of a holiday weekend would be much better than 1 the 10-15K that would show up today. The money they would make from a day/night DH on May 25 against the Cubs would dwarf the rain checks they would give out if the game was called today.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  16. #14
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,134

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    Gotcha.

    It doesn't look like there's a Reds broadcast on MLB.tv. I've just got the cubs broadcast. Beggers can't be choosers. Any baseball is better than no baseball.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  17. #15
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,134

    Re: 4/24/2013 Cubs vs Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    No offense taken, guys. It would be kind of a [jerk] move - especially if it stops raining but there won't be another off day for a week. I'm also guessing that crowds for a day/night DH on the Saturday of a holiday weekend would be much better than 1 the 10-15K that would show up today. The money they would make from a day/night DH on May 25 against the Cubs would dwarf the rain checks they would give out if the game was called today.
    Yeah, it was the holiday dh idea that I really liked.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25