Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Playoffs

Re: 2013 NBA Playoffs

I thought it was an exciting game. I think the defenses made it look sloppy because they are so good. Each team knows each others offenses so,well, it gets to the third fourth fifth option and then someone has to make a desperation play.

Bold last pass to Green for the 3 pointer from the corner. I thought Bosh fouled him, but by then, the refs had put away their whistles.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    LeBron was unstoppable for the vast majority of the 4th quarter. But when Wade came into the game late LeBron changed his play and damn near threw the game away. Within the Heat's last couple of possessions he had a number of bad shots and questionable decisions. I was watching the game wondering what happened to LeBron in the last 3 minutes of the game.
    I thought the Heat would have been better off leaving Wade on the bench. They were rolling and actually had an identity during that run, then he returned and they reverted back to looking unsure of what they wanted to do. I think the team has chemistry issues. Not in the sense that they don't get along -- obviously they do. I'm referring to the pieces not fitting right. It just seems like after three years together, Lebron and Wade still haven't figured out the best way for them to co-exist on the floor at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    . So that was actually considered a good game by people who aren't fans of either team?
    It was a game for the ages!

Have the heat used their amnesty yet? D Wade would be a good candidate if they can't find a team willing to take on his contract. They should add either a big time center or high end sharpshooting wing player.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Thats where I thought Pop's overmanagement hurt him. Duncan should have been out there. I know you want to match shooter with a quicker guy but you need someone to rebound in that situation and there's no contest between Duncan and Bosh... Duncan wins 9 times out of 10.
    This.

Twice in the last minute of the game, the Spurs needed a stop to win the game and title.

Both times, Popovich took out one of the best shot blockers and rebounders in the history of the game. It boggles the mind. Especially the 2nd time.

Tomorrow night would be a great time for Manu Ginobili to get his head out of his posterior.

C'mon Tim.

Three times in NBA history the visiting team has won Game 7 on the road. Havlichek did it twice.

Spurs will have to pull a '75 BRM- lose a really really tough game 6 that appeared to be won and then come back and win game 7 on the road.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    This.

Twice in the last minute of the game, the Spurs needed a stop to win the game and title.

Both times, Popovich took out one of the best shot blockers and rebounders in the history of the game. It boggles the mind. Especially the 2nd time.
    I don't know... I think what Pop did was defensible considering the situation. Miami had a lineup full of shooters and in those situations was clearly needing to shoot the 3, so the Spurs didn't just need a stop, they needed to stop the 3-pointer. I'm not sure there's any point to having a shot blocker in the paint when the opponent has no intention of going there. Duncan would have been a liability trying to stick with someone out by the arc and he would have been pulled away from good rebounding position anyway unless he was going to leave one of the shooters wide open. Sucks for San Antonio that Miami got the critical rebounds, but 3-point shots often yield long rebounds and there's just a measure of luck to it.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Rooting for the Spurs is un-American...France..Argentina..Virgin Islands...

Heat=USA

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    Rooting for the Spurs is un-American...France..Argentina..Virgin Islands...

Heat=USA
    Rooting for the heat is like rooting for the Yanks... They tried to buy a dynasty like the old George teams. The Spurs core are as blue collar as they come, they're like Apple pie! Go Spurs .
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    I don't know... I think what Pop did was defensible considering the situation. Miami had a lineup full of shooters and in those situations was clearly needing to shoot the 3, so the Spurs didn't just need a stop, they needed to stop the 3-pointer. I'm not sure there's any point to having a shot blocker in the paint when the opponent has no intention of going there. Duncan would have been a liability trying to stick with someone out by the arc and he would have been pulled away from good rebounding position anyway unless he was going to leave one of the shooters wide open. Sucks for San Antonio that Miami got the critical rebounds, but 3-point shots often yield long rebounds and there's just a measure of luck to it.

You still had Chris Bosh in the game, if I am the Spurs and Chris Bosh wants to try and make a 3 pointer I let him shoot that all day and not worry about it. Keep Duncan in and let Duncan dominate the boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Shaping up to be a great finish. I recommend tuning in if you aren't already.

LBJ FTW

14. Likes:

Razor Shines (06-20-2013)

part of BBN

This was like Balboa vs Creed. Wonder if they could play 7 best out of 13 ?

Wow, what a performance by Lebron James.

Funny how sports play out.

Lebron was amazing for 10 minutes in the 4th quarter of game 6, but then he went all deer in the headlights. He was passive and a turnover machine. That series loss was on him, whether he deserved it or not. But he got bailed out by Ray Allen.

Now he gets another 4th quarter to shine and does. As the best basketball player in the world should.

Heat earned it but I hate it for the Spurs. I think Pop got too hard headed with Manu, he couldn't deal with the Heat's speed or length. He was hurting his team more than he was helping. Needed to go elsewhere.

But yeah, in a couple of years all people will remember is Lebron leading his team to a ring. Not Ray Allen's heroics. He wouldn't have deserved the blame he woulda got after that game 6 they should have lost, but he is deserving of the praise he'll get now. He was incredible in this run when Wade and Bosh barely showed up.

Turn Off Ads?